[Mistweaver] First Timewalking dungeon was concerning. Advice?

Ran my first dungeon this weekend, and realized that for 5-mans, I'm not sure how to handle high incoming tank damage. Before, piling on surging mists + Enveloping worked, but Effuse spam doesn't seem to have enough kick to it for tanks under heavy attack. Do you drop enveloping mist and let soothing mist proc? Do you drop a FT Effuse on them? Many times, my tank dropped to under 15% and even died a few times, strictly from high incoming damage. Never had a problem with the bosses, but I'm worried about ST throughput come Legion when bosses have numerous affixes and a high damage output.

That has mainly something to do with Timewalking not being properly tuned/healers being undertuned at the moment. You should test it in heroic/mythic dungeons, it's much smoother to heal there. Answer to your question: Renewing Mist always on the tank, keep Enveloping Mist rolling and if needed top him off with buffed Effuse or a Vivify proc (40% extra healing).

10+ Year Old Account
    Timewalking has some difficult tuning yes.

Tank Healing:

1. Enveloping + Soothing
    2. Light Damage: Effuse and fall asleep to SooM channel.
    3. Moderate Damage: Vivify or TFT + Vivify.
    4. Heavy Damage: TFT + Vivify (+ Instant Env if Focused Thunder), Chi-Ji.

Obviously keep ReM out. I put it on random party members so it makes its way to the tank later. If you're in a dungeon you can drink after every pull, effuse is not that amazing and not worth the tank dying if you're trying to eyeball it when they're low.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorahn View Post
    That has mainly something to do with Timewalking not being properly tuned/healers being undertuned at the moment. You should test it in heroic/mythic dungeons, it's much smoother to heal there. Answer to your question: Renewing Mist always on the tank, keep Enveloping Mist rolling and if needed top him off with buffed Effuse or a Vivify proc (40% extra healing).
    More like: Everyone (especially Tanks and DPS) are used to pull everything, run to boss and bomb it. But you cannot do it in TW anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by User0015 View Post
    Ran my first dungeon this weekend, and realized that for 5-mans, I'm not sure how to handle high incoming tank damage. Before, piling on surging mists + Enveloping worked, but Effuse spam doesn't seem to have enough kick to it for tanks under heavy attack. Do you drop enveloping mist and let soothing mist proc? Do you drop a FT Effuse on them? Many times, my tank dropped to under 15% and even died a few times, strictly from high incoming damage. Never had a problem with the bosses, but I'm worried about ST throughput come Legion when bosses have numerous affixes and a high damage output.
    Hi.

Healing rotation depends on content.

with the vivify + EM juggle talent (20% reduced mana) (lifecycle):

Keep renewing mist up
    Cycle EM and vivify as needed (keep EM up at tank).
    Switch to effuse during periods of low damage intake.
    During phases where all party take alot of damage, Chi-ji + vivify\essence font does it trick. Jade wind + essence font works wonders too but is mana intensive.

You'll only use EM + soothing mist when the damage allows it. You can afford to let dps drop in health abit before using vivify during such periods.

With mist wrap you have to channel soothing mist more. But because the party in general tend to take damage and needs healing i prefer the above rotation instead of relying on a heal which breaks on casting another heal just to cast a heal which enables it again.

You can use EM on multiple party members if heavy healing is required on a dps targeted by a channeled spell (leaves channel from everbloom f.ex.) Because of lifecycle, mixing EM with vivify is fairly efficient for phases where the tank isnt the only one taking damage.

During intensive healing periods, mist wrap is useless, soothing mist will not be present as you need to burst heal with EM + vivify, which is why lifecycle is such a good talent.

Effuse is cheaper than vivify and EM, but can't keep up with heavy damage. I find it mostly useful when minor healing is needed. but even then you dont want to cast it all the time because you want mana regen, you need breaks in healing in order to regen mana. So cast effuse, let soothing mist work. Rince and repeat. If that doesnt work, its better to cast a single vivify or EM so you regenerate some mana. Vivify is more expensive, but it heals for more and thus allows you breaks where you regen some mana if that makes sense.

Hope this helps. Monk healing is mana instensive, but can be managed. Its healing is both proactive, reactive and largely quick thinking (planning).
    Practise some and you'll get the efficiency down.

Lastly: Alot depends on your party members too, if they know what they do: Less healing is needed, and more mana is conserved. Healers can't heal stupidity.
    Last edited by Aryndelin; 2016-08-02 at 03:44 PM.