Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Or I'm wrong?
    Yes. What you seem to be asking for simply does not exist. You cannot experience the content for free, without having the expansion added onto your account, and without any progress you make being saved. For argument sake though, let's assume this was possible and you didn't like what you saw and played. So you revert back to the game as it is now, without having leveled, explored the new zones and dungeons, and worked on your order hall. Nice and "pristine." What are you going to do? Play through the current content all by yourself? Because surely, everyone else has since moved on to the new content. *nod* Hmm... Well, good luck with that.

But wait. The next expansion is announced, tested, and its release is on the horizon. Are you going to demand another playtest from Blizzard for this one? Assume you like what you experience and want to get this expansion. What will you have to do? Oh right, level through Legion's content anyways. Though, even if you don't like the content and decide to keep your account "pristine" as it is right now, you're going to be even further behind with even fewer people to play with. Seems like a great idea.

How about, instead of demanding some sort of service that Blizzard doesn't have and won't offer, you pour your time into watching videos and streams of people actually playing the content to see if it's something you want to experience for yourself. This way, you'll actually have some sort of an informed opinion on the matter, as opposed to your ludicrous requests.

Ya back then they really did not require you to do long legendary quests per character too in order to do content.
    No, just multiple extremely rare boss drops and a mountain of reagents that required extensive work in order to farm.
    Last edited by jettzypher; 2016-07-30 at 03:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that you're free to do what you want and that it's always worth it to experience a new expansion launch, but there's too many games out there to just play 1

You get your 10 free days and trial of the new expansion after a while

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I think Legion being free, or at least severely discounted for anyone who bought WoD would be reasonable. Having paid 50$ for what amounted to barely half of an expansion just feels shitty.
    Fuck, I'd go so far to say paying $15 a month to play WoW is a reasonable reason to give any expansion for free.

4/10/2016 N/A WOW_EXPAN5TR Expired
    11/3/2015 N/A WOW_EXPAN5TR Expired
    7/28/2015 N/A WOW_EXPAN5TR Expired
    12/13/2014 N/A WOW_EXPAN5TR Expired
    They offer 10 day trails fairly often, I used 4 during WoD to activate my old US account (I play on EU now) to visit with old friends. Usually you have to go to the actual Game Management to see them.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

If you're interested enough in WoW to make this post, I think it's worth it to cut out $15 from ur current budget and pay for a month to check it back out, but hey, that's just me. If you've already invested in a computer, internet, peripherals, etc, seems trivial to worry about $15 if you want to play a game.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2016-07-30 at 05:39 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpolomo View Post
    I will personally not invest in Blizzard at this point. I do not feel like it due to having been disappointed over and over since the Launch of the Cataclysm.

I wont buy Legion, and i will not subscribe.

I was thinking that i would love to try it, without investing, so i guess a free week would be awesome for me.
    And i bet if blizzard gave away a free week, it would signal that they were confident that they have a good product and at the same time apologized for their, in my eyes, shitty choices.

What do you think?
    It's the opposite. They offer free weeks when subs are down. They have done their usual good job at generating hype over a mediocre product. I'm sure subs are already up, and will peak at Legion launch.

Just be patient. There is nothing about Legion that is objectively better than the past 3 expansions. Subs will fall quickly after a few months, and you'll see free weeks about 8 months from now. Just go and play better games. FFXIV and ESO are both solid notches above the current state of WoW (and will be when Legion launches). Plenty of games just as good as WoW out there that are FTP.

The WoW you know and love has been gone for years now. Accept it and move on.

Doubt you will change ur mind

I will personally not invest in Blizzard at this point. I do not feel like it due to having been disappointed over and over since the Launch of the Cataclysm.

I was thinking that i would love to try it, without investing, so i guess a free week would be awesome for me.
    And i bet if blizzard gave away a free week, it would signal that they were confident that they have a good product and at the same time apologized for their, in my eyes, shitty choices.

What do you think?
    So you don't want to play the game...

But you want a free week to play the game.

Do you see why we may not be too inclined to care?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    I got free name changes, 7 free character transfers total, some gametime just asking a GM. And every time they will say something like, "the reason wer are able to give this to you is because you have been an outstanding player blah blah, we want more players like you, you have been a long time subscriber, blah blah, and this is a one time thing." yet ill ask again and get granted another wish for free after maybe 3 months? LOL
    Pics or it never happened.

I'm highly doubting that Blizzard gave you over $150 of services for free.

10+ Year Old Account

and then

I was thinking that i would love to try it...

What do you think?
    I think you need to learn how to make a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I think you need to learn how to make a decision.
    To his defense, wanting to buy something and wanting to try something are two different things.

He's still a whiny crybaby though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    To his defense, wanting to buy something and wanting to try something are two different things.
    If the first statement is true ("I will not", not "I don't think I will") then there's zero reason to try the product. If he's open to changing his mind then the flat declaration in the first statement is a lie.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    So confused

So basically you want to play it but don't want to give them money for playing it?
    That's pretty much how it works with videogames. Its laughable how people try to claim $15 a month is value for money when you can buy a game forever for that amount.

With the cost of expansions as much as a new game they should at least give a month of 2 subscription to get people started.

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree. The real reason why i kept asking for free transfers is because i was on dead servers twice. This is an MMO, you need to be in a server with a good community, with guilds to join, with friends etc. Server transfers ARE REQUIRED to play the game >.<
    So true, anyone who paid for a server transfer because of that got totally ripped off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    That's pretty much how it works with videogames. Its laughable how people try to claim $15 a month is value for money when you can buy a game forever for that amount.

With the cost of expansions as much as a new game they should at least give a month of 2 subscription to get people started.

- - - Updated - - -

So true, anyone who paid for a server transfer because of that got totally ripped off.
    If any other games produced content at the same quality as blizzard i'd give them money too.

The currency cost is minute for how much wow gives comapred to the other "forever games" that last a week or so at best.

You can try Legion for free for 1 week after its release as any other expansion. The last free week giveaway was 2 months before.

10+ Year Old Account

What do you think?
    What you say makes no sense. Why would you hope to have a free week considering you are disappointed by Blizzard since Cataclysm? It is like saying: Blizzard, I can't stand your games anymore, but I would like a free week to try your newest game.

In my opinion, it shows
    1-You did not lost all hope.
    2-You just want free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Pics or it never happened.

I'm highly doubting that Blizzard gave you over $150 of services for free.
    Already did post some pics, you know what i have really no reason to lie about something like this LOL

I thought that if you hadn't played the game in, like, six months or so, your account would automatically qualify for a free week, no? I have two accounts, one of which I stopped subbing back in wrath, and I played free weeks of wow on that account once or twice a year ever since - and this was usually outside the dates given in those "come back for a free week, offer valid only until xx/xx/xxxx" emails they sometimes send.

There's a way to do it, and if you've done it once or twice through the emails, you'll probably be able to figure out the route. Once your account is flagged for a free week - again, I think it takes 6 or more months of inactivity, maybe a year? - you'll be able to claim that free week.

Already did post some pics, you know what i have really no reason to lie about something like this LOL
    And those "pics" are things that could easily be edited, and why are the screenshots of the supposed "gm chats" cropped out to only contain a small part of it?

nice bait 10/10 got me to reply