Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    How is it obvious, if a place where you can shoot intrudes on sight, have more of said incidents...
    I'm not sure how I wasn't clear before, I am not disputing that. So if people are going to continue to be triggered by my comment there is nothing more I can say or do. Carry on.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    There is incidentally a very obvious and unsubtle attempt to depict Europe (and Canada...at times) as ''crime ridden hellholes, because of a reason no one, I tell you no one, can guess.

Which is a tad pathetic ,because those countries are noticably safer than the USA. A country that, despite a certain rhetoric, is also much safer than it was in the nineties.

(Another example, France had in 2015 720 millions Euro worth of ''cambriolages'', for a 66 million population.

So 804 millions USD for 66 million.... = a little over 12...

versus 4.6 billion USD for 320 millions = a little over 14...
    There certainly is an irony ; I'm guessing it's a deeprooted complex that relates to being unable to cope with how their reality is.

What else would one come to expect, when people for real, want to vote for a guy who wants to build a giant wall and make another country pay for it?

To anyone else, it would be a bloody joke.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    I'm not sure how I wasn't clear before, I am not disputing that. So if people are going to continue to be triggered by my comment there is nothing more I can say or do. Carry on.
    I am literally questioning your "I was making a Duh comment".

A Duh comment, to What? There is nothing that is inheritly obvious to say "Duh", too.

"Duh", that Sweden is safer than the US? "Duh", that Sweden has less crime than the US?

Is that your reason for painting up a sarcastic picture of how people act in Sweden?

Insufferable is the term that comes to mind. Almost every time without fail.

Deleted
    Insufferable is the term that comes to mind. Almost every time without fail.
    Ah come on now. You're honestly trying to tell us your comment had no reference to anything at all, and the comparison you were clearly hinting at was unintented?
    Come on, a bit of honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Ah come on now. You're honestly trying to tell us your comment had no reference to anything at all, and the comparison you were clearly hinting at was unintented?
    Come on, a bit of honesty.
    I didn't intend anything beyond, "When you treat home invaders like jay walkers you are going to have massive losses in robbery."

Deleted
    I didn't intend anything beyond, "When you treat home invaders like jay walkers you are going to have massive losses in robbery."
    There's a comparison hidden there. As proven by statistics, if you shoot em on sight you have even more losses.

But in America we can shoot someone who burgled our home. We don't have to make them a sandwich and show them where the safe is so WE don't get sued

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    But in America we can shoot someone who burgled our home. We don't have to make them a sandwich and show them where the safe is so WE don't get sued
    I'm perfectly allowed to bash someone over the head and tie him up, and then call the police.

However unless he threathens my life by trying to use lethal force, I am not within my rights to respond with lethal force.

Basically, I'm allowed to match the threat and if necesseracy go abit beyond to subdue the threat to my well being.

It's just that we also have laws against excessive violence, and even criminals have rights as human beings, shocking concept I know, and thus if he is ONLY stealing and tries to make a run for it, I'm at most allowed to tackle him to the floor and pin him there waiting for police, if he then tries to get violent, I can respond in kind.

It requires a calmer and more sensible mind than most have to avoid getting legal issues, I admit to that, but it's a good system to counteract needless violence.

Also, FYI its INSANELY hard to sue someone in sweden :P The person can get sentanced to pay a fee for damages caused to you, but you have no part in that what that sum will be nor can you really request it.

We only have an accused in sweden, not a defendant, its always state vs criminal.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys got way too much time on your hands, if you get all aroused over this.

#weirdsexualfirstworldfetish
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Dumb question : if all countries except one are ''weak'' because it's not legal to have 22 guns at home to shoot at ''terrorists''...why those countries have less crime than the USA ?

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Dumb question : if all countries except one are ''weak'' because it's not legal to have 22 guns at home to shoot at ''terrorists''...why those countries have less crime than the USA ?
    Not going to get into the a discussion on if a country is weak, but you are trying to stick an extremely complex problem into a tiny box. Which is generally the pitfall of anyone who resorts to per capita data or thinking its somehow tied to gun availability.