Page 1 of 36
... LastLast

It's pretty dumb Calia doesn't give a shit about her former kingdom

So in the priest order hall, guess who's alive and well: Calia Menethil, long lost heir to the throne of Lordaeron. You might think she'd be interested in retaking her kingdom and restoring it to its former glory, but nope. She says "Lordaeron is no more" and she's just "Calia" now.

Lordaeron still exists as a place, and she is the rightful heir to those lands, not Sylvanas. She should want to take it back. What the hell Blizzard.

Looks like Legion is gonna continue the trend of spitting the Alliance in the face.

What did you want her to do? Kill all the former citizens of Lordaeron and sit on the throne, ruling... what, exactly?

Deleted
    Lordaeron exists yes, and its people still live there with the leader they chose
    The one who lead them through the darkest times. Lordaeron exists as a place but not as a kingdom

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they're saving her intentions for a future expansion, dude. They can't do everything in this one.

Who would she rule? The undead? There aren't any humans of Lordaeron anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that she mean's it in the way that almost all of it's former citizens are dead or undead now so there is no one to rule. Land is just land, the kingdom is the people who live on the said land in her eyes. Not to mention that the Forsaken have taken over it's capital and that her brother killed her father so she has nothing left of her old life. She has decided to move on and dedicate her life to her new calling of being a priest, which isn't unheard of.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawclaw View Post
    Who would she rule? The undead? There aren't any humans of Lordaeron anymore.
    There are. Most of the Argent Crusade are Lordaeron humans, and there are still Lordaeron humans living in pockets of land such as Solliden's farmstead.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    So in the priest order hall, guess who's alive and well: Calia Menethil, long lost heir to the throne of Lordaeron. You might think she'd be interested in retaking her kingdom and restoring it to its former glory, but nope. She says "Lordaeron is no more" and she's just "Calia" now.

Lordaeron still exists as a place, and she is the rightful heir to those lands, not Sylvanas. She should want to take it back. What the hell Blizzard.

Looks like Legion is gonna continue the trend of spitting the Alliance in the face.
    I'd like to think she's laying low considering her own brother really fucked up Azeroth. Maybe she's a little self-conscious of that and wanted to separate herself from the larger world.

I think that actually lends itself to a more interesting character. She'll act with a chip on her shoulder. A big chip.

Not to mention, as many posters above have said. Lordaeron really is no more.

Deleted
    Hopefully they are setting her up to replace Sylvanas.

Oh the tears on both sides will be so glorious.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikara View Post
    What did you want her to do? Kill all the former citizens of Lordaeron and sit on the throne, ruling... what, exactly?
    > Route the Forsaken from Lordaeron
    > Oversee the purification of the plaguelands until it's completed
    > Restore Hillsbrad and possibly Southshore

In lore, Stratholme has been retaken by the Argent Crusade already. More than enough potential to restore Lordaeron.

Ofcourse it will never happen because Blizzard loves Sylvanas too much

So using her brain is dumb?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I thought it was a nice touch to have her in the priest hall, I was just rather disappointed that there was no story behind what she was doing there. She's just there as your first follower without even a quest to go and find her.

> Route the Forsaken from Lordaeron
    > Oversee the purification of the plaguelands until it's completed
    > Restore Hillsbrad and possibly Southshore

In lore, Stratholme has been retaken by the Argent Crusade already. More than enough potential to restore Lordaeron.

Ofcourse it will never happen because Blizzard loves Sylvanas too much
    You make it sound so simple. Obviously all she has to do is convince the Argent Crusade to dedicate itself to the cause and drive the Forsaken from Lordaeron. QED.

The point being though, why would she want to?

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    You make it sound so simple. Obviously all she has to do is convince the Argent Crusade to dedicate itself to the cause and drive the Forsaken from Lordaeron. QED.

The point being though, why would she want to?
    The Argent Crusade should already be keeping very close tabs on the Forsaken, as they are actively replagueing the lands they are trying to restore.

Because it's her kingdom and her birthright.

Victim mentality much?

Plenty of untied stories in the game, has nothing to do with "spitting Alliance players in the face"...

Deleted
    The Argent Crusade should already be keeping very close tabs on the Forsaken, as they are actively replagueing the lands they are trying to restore.

1) Its not her Kingdom, because the human kingdom of lordaeron doesnt exist anymore
    2) Even if, she doesnt care for her birthright. She even wants to be calles Calia without her last name "Menethil"

She's a person that has been her entire life a princess, a pretty face to be eventually sold to another monarch. What do you expect her to do? Wear an armor and go Xena against undead and mostly devastated kingdom? Lordearon is no more, and that's a fact. Face it.

Only the kingdom no longer exists. To reclaim the land would be symbolic more than anything, and certainly not worth the Argent Crusade sacrificing their neutrality for. Which still leaves the matter of how they would even accomplish the feat unanswered.

Calia doesn't care about her birthright, and doesn't need to.

There are. Most of the Argent Crusade are Lordaeron humans, and there are still Lordaeron humans living in pockets of land such as Solliden's farmstead.
    After south shore I thought we were done with those guys. Guess Sylvanas need to truly finish the job and wipe them out to the last man. I volunteer to head the operation to drive the Lorderan people to extinction so this claim dispute can be put to rest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    She lost her kingdom but she found jesus. And i think its beautiful.