Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Its funny how the meaning of liberal has distorted so much from back in the 19th century.

Either way, healthcare and eduction should stay in the governments controll, simply becease everybody should have a rigth to it.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    If playing the game was that simple Hillary wouldn't be struggling as much as she is. Say what you will about Trump he knows people.
    I know he does. That doesn't make him smart. He knows how to play on fears, that's not an accomplishment. Anyone can do it.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    He is right, facism exists, not facist per say...

Also, his points are valid. Trump is basically a overblown idiot who people are voting for, doesn't mean the concept is bad per say.
    No, his points are not valid. Have you looked across the aisle lately?

Islam is a fucking cult that I can only hope will one day offer kool-aid to it's followers and snuff it's self out. Till then, I have to deal with the mathematical reality that if I added every muslim from south america, america, canada, france, the UK, iceland, fuckin jesues. You are only talking about 1% of the motherfuckin 1.6 billion sharia law loving bastards out there. You can add Europe in there for another 1%, maybe 1, maybe 2%? And that's being extremely bias in considering that all these people sprout flowers wherever they walk, want nothing but happiness for everyone else, and would be the last people on earth to cauz you harm. The rest, the other 98-99% will stone your women to death because that's the greatest punishment or thing ever done, cauz alla said so. GTFO

TPP is a fucking nightmare. Fuck no. People should be voting no, just because of TPP. This and the muslim love shit is like taking 2 dicks at the same time in the ass. Fuccccckkkkkkkkk no

Trump wants to bounce the IRS, GOOD. SEE ya the FUCK LATER. Tired of having to do stupid fucking w-4's, or how much are you earbning now vs how much you gonna earn then. If you hit that threshhold can we just fucking rob you til tax time. Quarterly's are even worse, trying to get a tax break for expenses is like sitting with a fucking torture technican.

Yeah, I really wanna vote for hildog cauz I think shes gonna make my shits ok.

If anyone is interested in hitting the forum crack pipe, I just passed on this one. Biigggggg fucking rock waiting to get hit

So.. you believe Trump stands where he is today by sheer chance...?
    You're talking about a man who openly admitted he watched TV to find out what was bothering people and targeted it. Is it chance? No. Is it blatantly pandering to a certain subsect of people? Say, those who aren't particularly enamored with the idea of facts and actual information...you betcha!

Politicizing fear is an easy, powerful tool to use against the easily fearful.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    You're talking about a man who openly admitted he watched TV to find out what was bothering people and targeted it. Is it chance? No. Is it blatantly pandering to a certain subsect of people? Say, those who aren't particularly enamored with the idea of facts and actual information...you betcha!

Politicizing fear is an easy, powerful tool to use against the easily fearful.
    If it is so easy why is the left so desperate to try and use it and failing utterly at it?

Look you can not like the guy. You can't deny that people are going to copy Trump's playbook in the future when it comes to running for office.

If it is so easy why is the left so desperate to try and use it and failing utterly at it?
    Where and when have the left used Trump's tactics?

Look you can not like the guy. You can't deny that people are going to copy Trump's playbook in the future when it comes to running for office.
    You clearly are not participating in reality.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Where and when have the left used Trump's tactics?
    Do you want just one example? Like the whole Trump is in bed with Russia rumor or would you like the hundreds of head lines so far?

Do you want just one example? Like the whole Trump is in bed with Russia rumor or would you like the hundreds of head lines so far?
    You mean the rumor posited by George Will?

Yea...

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly makes him a idiot? Beating out a dozen people to get the nomination when the entire party was against him? Closing a mass lead Hillary had over him till he is dead even with her?

For a idiot he seems to have the instincts and knowledge of a master tactician...
    Sometimes being an idiot is the best way to get popularity. Rather than building a complex intricate program that would actually solve some problems, it is easier to offer a set of kindergarten-level "solutions" which everyone will easily understand, adding a Muslim/Mexican scare as a dessert. Doesn't matter that these "solutions" don't work: populism is still effective!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

It doesn't take much to outwit the average Trump supporter from the looks of it, so that isn't saying much.
    Let's be honest here there's idiots on both sides of the fence, some vote republican, some vote democrat.

That being said, there's a variety of reasons people support Trump, the low hanging fruit is to say "he plays upon people's fears" but real answers are:

- He addresses serious issues such as immigration and the left's constant distortions of the police.

- Many of our current politicians, like Hillary, appearing to be prone to certain levels of corruption. You can say "well hey, Trump makes back room deals too!" But the difference is that Trump is a business man, their whole point is that they are supposed to make money. Hillary on the flip side is a politician who has taken an oath, one that it appears she has disregarded on many levels. Stopping this type of corruption involves getting people from outside the circle of politics. Look at someone like Sanders, even he ultimately was beaten and had to support Hillary.

- People feel the government mismanages our money and think someone with a high level of business acumen could help fix this problem.

Just a few examples though.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Let's be honest here there's idiots on both sides of the fence, some vote republican, some vote democrat.

That being said, there's a variety of reasons people support Trump, the low hanging fruit is to say "he plays upon people's fears" but real answers are:

- He addresses serious issues such as immigration and the left's constant distortions of the police.

- Many of our current politicians, like Hillary, appearing to be prone to certain levels of corruption. You can say "well hey, Trump makes back room deals too!" But the difference is that Trump is a business man, their whole point is that they are supposed to make money. Hillary on the flip side is a politician who has taken an oath, one that it appears she has disregarded on many levels. Stopping this type of corruption involves getting people from outside the circle of politics. Look at someone like Sanders, even he ultimately was beaten and had to support Hillary.

- People feel the government mismanages our money and think someone with a high level of business acumen could help fix this problem.

Just a few examples though.
    Just one problem with that: the examples you gave are not something Trump has offered practical solutions to, he's only pointing out these issues "exist". So saying "he plays upon people's fears" is pretty accurate.

Just one problem with that: the examples you gave are not something Trump has offered practical solutions to, he's only pointing out these issues "exist". So saying "he plays upon people's fears" is pretty accurate.
    If the problems exist and he's pointing them out, that's not the same thing as playing upon someone's fears. That's merely him accurately pointing out issues. You may disagree on his solutions but that's not the same thing as "fear mongering".

If the problems exist and he's pointing them out, that's not the same thing as playing upon someone's fears. That's merely him accurately pointing out issues. You may disagree on his solutions but that's not the same thing as "fear mongering".
    His solutions are usually batshit insane. He's playing on people's fears because his "solutions" give the impression the problem is much bigger than it is, hence an insane wholly impractical plan is the only way to deal with it.

Nevermind all the other "problems" he just made up.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2016-07-31 at 02:39 PM.

His solutions are usually batshit insane. He's playing on people's fears because his "solutions" give the impression the problem is much bigger than it is, hence an insane wholly impractical plan is the only way to deal with it.

Nevermind all the other "problems" he just made up.
    Have you consider the possibility that while you do not think the problem is big, that others may disagree, and that's where you whole thing with him being "impractical" stems from? For example, Hillary Clinton has a reputation for corruption through a variety of different means, like accepting hundreds of thousands of dollars, or in her husband's case, millions of dollars for giving a speech or two, and then appearing to do favors for the companies that pay them behind the scenes.

Even A LOT of people on the left think this is a big problem lol. In particular the person that was running against her. Have you also considered some of the things that you may think are "big problems", are in fact viewed as insignificant by others out there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you consider the possibility that while you do not think the problem is big, that others may disagree, and that's where you whole thing with him being "impractical" stems from? For example, Hillary Clinton has a reputation for corruption through a variety of different means, like accepting hundreds of thousands of dollars, or in her husband's case, millions of dollars for giving a speech or two, and then appearing to do favors for the companies that pay them behind the scenes.

Even A LOT of people on the left think this is a big problem lol. In particular the person that was running against her. Have you also considered some of the things that you may think are "big problems", are in fact viewed as insignificant by others out there?
    Muslim terrorism in the US is less of a problem than shark attacks, just looking at numbers objectively. Why doesn't Trump or Clinton preach about evil sharks threatening our nation?

I would actually like to see a candidate build their program around the shark threat, to see how well they do. Wouldn't surprise me if they won the election!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Muslim terrorism in the US is less of a problem than shark attacks, just looking at numbers objectively. Why doesn't Trump or Clinton preach about evil sharks threatening our nation?

I would actually like to see a candidate build their program around the shark threat, to see how well they do. Wouldn't surprise me if they won the election!
    Go with Vermine Supreme... Zombie turbines > Shark threat...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post

Muslim terrorism is a pretty big deal though, I have no clue how much money we dump into combatting it, but it has to be in the hundreds of billions easily. Our laws and the way the government monitors people has been forever changed because of muslim terrorism so it's a pretty broad topic which some do take very seriously. More importantly crimes against humanity are being committed in the middle east and this type of thing rarely gets acknowledged.

Muslim terrorism is a pretty big deal though, I have no clue how much money we dump into combatting it, but it has to be in the hundreds of billions easily. Our laws and the way the government monitors people has been forever changed because of muslim terrorism so it's a pretty broad topic which some do take very seriously. More importantly crimes against humanity are being committed in the middle east and this type of thing rarely gets acknowledged.
    That's a nuanced argument Trump hasn't made. Nor has he shown that he is anywhere capable of making that argument. His interest is making you believe that all Muslims who come here have an interest in killing you.