Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Then don't do them? There are plenty of other stuff to do in the game. Do what you enjoy doing.

People forget WoW is a GAME. It's sole existence is for our entertainment, nothing more. If you don't enjoy it, then go do something you enjoy.
    Not everything you do in the game has to be directly for enjoyment. i.e Farming the insane title isn't very enjoyable, but having the title is. Same goes for CM's and even Mythic+, You may not even enjoy doing them, but the gear/Xmog are worth it when you do manage to complete them. If everything was designed to be obtained w/ enjoyment as a key factor in the process, the sense of accomplishment would diminish quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Can we get

S tier

A tier

Left out tier
    I'm not going to do that because I don't think you should pick a class based on what is OP on the beta from somebody on MMO-C, and I haven't played beta in around a month because I don't want to get burnt out so I don't have all of the information avaible, but there haven't been that many huge classes changes. People making attempts at what you asked for are all mostly wrong, as well. When you're deciding classes to play, you need to remember that there are a lot of abilities that will 1 shot (and will always one shot you, because the scaling is insane) so cheat death mechanics (or immunities) are good, there are a lot of ground targeted aoes to move out of, so movement while damaging is good, and there is no cap on battle rez like you would have in a raid; if you are running a group with 5 brez you can use all of them within 30 seconds of each other (I expect a change to this shortly after launch, if not before).

Now, we have to look at which affixes are this week, is it raging where execute type things are really important? Tyrannical where you probably want a bit more single target? and so on... These change the "perfect group comp" a bit. Anyway, this was a long winded way, and I didn't get the correct transition, of saying almost every spec/class is fine, they all have things that make them good or weeks they'll be more desired than other weeks, if you're posting in this thread asking for tips you won't be the first ones to hit 15. Just play what you'll enjoy, or a hunter because they have everything in their kit... And finally, the best group comps have never been determined during beta, so take what you see here with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
    I'm not going to do that because I don't think you should pick a class based on what is OP on the beta from somebody on MMO-C, and I haven't played beta in around a month because I don't want to get burnt out so I don't have all of the information avaible, but there haven't been that many huge classes changes. People making attempts at what you asked for are all mostly wrong, as well. When you're deciding classes to play, you need to remember that there are a lot of abilities that will 1 shot (and will always one shot you, because the scaling is insane) so cheat death mechanics (or immunities) are good, there are a lot of ground targeted aoes to move out of, so movement while damaging is good, and there is no cap on battle rez like you would have in a raid; if you are running a group with 5 brez you can use all of them within 30 seconds of each other (I expect a change to this shortly after launch, if not before).

Now, we have to look at which affixes are this week, is it raging where execute type things are really important? Tyrannical where you probably want a bit more single target? and so on... These change the "perfect group comp" a bit. Anyway, this was a long winded way, and I didn't get the correct transition, of saying almost every spec/class is fine, they all have things that make them good or weeks they'll be more desired than other weeks, if you're posting in this thread asking for tips you won't be the first ones to hit 15. Just play what you'll enjoy, or a hunter because they have everything in their kit... And finally, the best group comps have never been determined during beta, so take what you see here with a grain of salt.
    Pure nonsense, of course, as these "there is no best X" posts always are.

For example, "perfect group comp" won't change if you need more single target, because the "perfect group comp" would be one that has both. You will never trade a member that has 9/10 both for one that has 10/10 one and 5/10 the other, unless you are a moron, or you just don't care... and in eiher case, your opinion is irrelevant in this context.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Pure nonsense, of course, as these "there is no best X" posts always are.

For example, "perfect group comp" won't change if you need more single target, because the "perfect group comp" would be one that has both. You will never trade a member that has 9/10 both for one that has 10/10 one and 5/10 the other, unless you are a moron, or you just don't care... and in eiher case, your opinion is irrelevant in this context.
    Are you also going to say that the best group comp doesn't change based on which dungeon you're doing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Synep View Post
    Not everything you do in the game has to be directly for enjoyment. i.e Farming the insane title isn't very enjoyable, but having the title is. Same goes for CM's and even Mythic+, You may not even enjoy doing them, but the gear/Xmog are worth it when you do manage to complete them. If everything was designed to be obtained w/ enjoyment as a key factor in the process, the sense of accomplishment would diminish quite a bit.
    I guess that's why I still don't have my Grove Warden or other relatively easily attainable items. I just don't find enjoyment in having to do them so I don't.

If you do something you don't like which achieves a desired end result, then that's fine. For me, it's not worth it in a game. Because I already do it 8 hours a day, 5 days a week in my job. I don't want to have to do it in my entertainment as well.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I've done up to 12+ with a prot paladin.

Let me note that while the gear doesn't get better past 10+, you get more of it if you can run higher tiers so that in itself is very important.

As far as tanks are concerned, on high mythic levels, mitigation is king. Warrior works because of ignore pain but many people expect ignore pain to be nerfed. Guardian has solid mitigation AND a CRez (more on that later) as does blood DK. It's not that the other tanks cannot handle the high levels, but they will have to kite more and that complicates things for dps (e.g. a paladin can improve his survivability by kiting between CDs with cavalier).

When it comes to healers, most healers can do the job. Disc may struggle on some bosses where there may be nothing to dps while damage is going out (e.g. Cordana). That said, Resto druids win with mobile Tranq and yet another CRez.

Dps need to have no weak spots in Mythic+. One week you may need burst AoE, the other week you may need burst ST. You will always need some CC or kiting ability. Fire Mage seems to be the best range while Havoc, Enhancement, Unholy and Fury are all very solid in melee. It's not that range is better btw; it's simply that the gap seems to be larger for Fire vs other specs than it is among melee specs.

The most important concern though and something I think Blizzard should consider putting under control is combat resurrection. Simply put, at high levels of Mythic (beyond 10) timers are pressing and things can one shot you left and right. Combat Rez is the most powerful utility in Mythics by a very large margin so between equals, the class with Combat Rez wins and I do not think it will be uncommon to see teams with 3 CRs. Blizzard should limit CR to one per encounter imo.

Again all specs are viable for Mythic 10 and below. Mythic +1 (the base Mythic) is easier than WoD Mythics, which were actually not that easy if you did them at the intended gear level. Mythic +1 in Legion was not that challenging even when your ilvl was not that high (barring certain dungeons; Cordana will get nerfed for sure on live or Vault will just be instant drop on LFG).
    That's very informative, thank you. Did you happen to play with enhancement shamans and beast mastery hunters when you did mythic+ 12? If so, could you tell me your thoughts of these two specs? Did they perform well at mythic+ 12? Did you notice any weaknesses? Do you think both of these specializations are safe bets if my goal is to only play mythic+ dungeons this expansion and push as high as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by artog View Post
    Afaik, you can make a 110 with fully unlocked artifact on the pvp realm.
    but u cant do mythics / dungeons / lfr / ext, only que for bg's and arena's

- - - Updated - - -

I've done up to 12+ with a prot paladin.

Let me note that while the gear doesn't get better past 10+, you get more of it if you can run higher tiers so that in itself is very important.

As far as tanks are concerned, on high mythic levels, mitigation is king. Warrior works because of ignore pain but many people expect ignore pain to be nerfed. Guardian has solid mitigation AND a CRez (more on that later) as does blood DK. It's not that the other tanks cannot handle the high levels, but they will have to kite more and that complicates things for dps (e.g. a paladin can improve his survivability by kiting between CDs with cavalier).

When it comes to healers, most healers can do the job. Disc may struggle on some bosses where there may be nothing to dps while damage is going out (e.g. Cordana). That said, Resto druids win with mobile Tranq and yet another CRez.

Dps need to have no weak spots in Mythic+. One week you may need burst AoE, the other week you may need burst ST. You will always need some CC or kiting ability. Fire Mage seems to be the best range while Havoc, Enhancement, Unholy and Fury are all very solid in melee. It's not that range is better btw; it's simply that the gap seems to be larger for Fire vs other specs than it is among melee specs.

The most important concern though and something I think Blizzard should consider putting under control is combat resurrection. Simply put, at high levels of Mythic (beyond 10) timers are pressing and things can one shot you left and right. Combat Rez is the most powerful utility in Mythics by a very large margin so between equals, the class with Combat Rez wins and I do not think it will be uncommon to see teams with 3 CRs. Blizzard should limit CR to one per encounter imo.

Again all specs are viable for Mythic 10 and below. Mythic +1 (the base Mythic) is easier than WoD Mythics, which were actually not that easy if you did them at the intended gear level. Mythic +1 in Legion was not that challenging even when your ilvl was not that high (barring certain dungeons; Cordana will get nerfed for sure on live or Vault will just be instant drop on LFG).
    just another note about fire being possibly the strongest mythic+ range dps is there mobility is also insane with instant pyro's, fireblast, icy flows, shimmer, and phoenix flames. Also as stated in other posts invulnerability are god like on certain boss fights and trash mobs.

But to get to mythic 15 and ur going to need the perfect balance of strong aoe and strong st. Also depending on the affixes can change what classes are strong that week.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Then don't do them? There are plenty of other stuff to do in the game. Do what you enjoy doing.

People forget WoW is a GAME. It's sole existence is for our entertainment, nothing more. If you don't enjoy it, then go do something you enjoy.
    its called addiction - some people indulge alcohol some heroin and some long sesions of wow .

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is, at some point Mythic+ will start being overgeared. People will have a couple of legendaries on them and many will have tier as well (note sure if tier is strong enough that LFR tier will be better than mythic+ gear though). I can tell you that with Legendary legs and Breastplate, my paladin was very comfortable with trash packs that were challenging before.
    and thats the point - main reason why people detested CMs was cause they literaly couldnt overgear them - especially in WoD - whole point of mythic + is you get gear to make higher level of it for more gear.

@Nymrohd

I'm surprised BM Hunter wasn't listed there, does the ST damage of BM fall off really bad at higher + or did you just forget?

have fun bringing melee's when skittish is active and some adds randomly turn towards your melee and oneshots them.
    There's a reason why gingi's group is considering going with 3bm-hunters. You have the best aoe-damage potentional in the game, you have good ST burst but not amazing ST damage compared to some other classes.
    You don't care about skittish, you don't care about volcanic - 2 lvl 7 affixes you can completly ignore with that.
    Tyrannical might be something thats shit with not enough ST damage.
    Also there are many abilities that you can outrange/los. Some examples: miniboss after first 2trashpacks in VotW, you can LOS the aoe-aura she does from 50% on, pretty much required with fortified unless you use all your ST dps cooldowns etc.
    Arcway trashpack before the Fel-lord style boss with Teeming and fortified will basically oneshot any melee. 2adds with a 40yard aoe spell that does ~50% of your hp each, again... hunters can outrange when the cast is about to finish.
    Generally many adds have some sort of cleave-abilities were melees can die or just lose a lot of dps while dodging it, the only downside of a hunter is that your interrupt is on a longer CD and your stun is "harder" to trigger. Thats what we have bloodelfs for and tanks will have to start kiting at some point with fortified anyway, thus triggering binding shot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its called addiction - some people indulge alcohol some heroin and some long sesions of wow .

- - - Updated - - -

and thats the point - main reason why people detested CMs was cause they literaly couldnt overgear them - especially in WoD - whole point of mythic + is you get gear to make higher level of it for more gear.
    reason i dint like CM in wod was the small timer, legion M+ are hard but not soly because of the timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Reloe View Post
    have fun bringing melee's when skittish is active and some adds randomly turn towards your melee and oneshots them.
    There's a reason why gingi's group is considering going with 3bm-hunters. You have the best aoe-damage potentional in the game, you have good ST burst but not amazing ST damage compared to some other classes.
    You don't care about skittish, you don't care about volcanic - 2 lvl 7 affixes you can completly ignore with that.
    Tyrannical might be something thats shit with not enough ST damage.
    Also there are many abilities that you can outrange/los. Some examples: miniboss after first 2trashpacks in VotW, you can LOS the aoe-aura she does from 50% on, pretty much required with fortified unless you use all your ST dps cooldowns etc.
    Arcway trashpack before the Fel-lord style boss with Teeming and fortified will basically oneshot any melee. 2adds with a 40yard aoe spell that does ~50% of your hp each, again... hunters can outrange when the cast is about to finish.
    Generally many adds have some sort of cleave-abilities were melees can die or just lose a lot of dps while dodging it, the only downside of a hunter is that your interrupt is on a longer CD and your stun is "harder" to trigger. Thats what we have bloodelfs for and tanks will have to start kiting at some point with fortified anyway, thus triggering binding shot.
    blood elf hunter for aoe silence?

Quote Originally Posted by Philss View Post
    blood elf hunter for aoe silence?
    thats what I said, you "counter" that problem when you run multiple hunters by going with bloodelfs.

Does anyone have feedback about arms warriors?

Also interested in feedback regarding Elemental Shamans for Mythic+ something I haven't seen on this thread