Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    i really dont get how this is all about FACT/NUMBERS and people are so torn between this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    My guess is that having bloodlust makes shamans desirable in mythic+. Everyone will want a bloodlust in their group, and there are only two classes that have it (3 if your hunter has his act together with farming pets).
    They removed the bloodlust BM pet system didnt they?

Pets still have lust but almost all raiding hunters will be going MM because of sidewinders and MM doesn't run a pet. So you might not have many hunters having access to lust.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    If the mobs do not live long enough you dont have the AoE either. Thats the entire fucking point.

In theory, Ele has one of the better AoEs currently. How has that worked out for you the entire expansion?
    If the mobs die quickly you are doing faceroll difficulty and it doesn't matter anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    If the mobs die quickly you are doing faceroll difficulty and it doesn't matter anyways.
    This is what I have always wondered about.... if an aoe pack is dying under 10 sec, does it really matter how much DPS you do? I suppose if you still do good dps on single targets or longer sustained aoe then it should be fine right?

That would be my assumption but I remember in challenge modes back in mop as Enhance that is what would happen but my DPS on those quick packs would be lower cause I needed setup so despite high dps in other situations it still made me look bad to anyone looking at a dps meter.

So I guess the question for you shammies is, are you ok with being a one trick pony, brought because you are one of two classes that has a buff that's so good that you'll be brought even if your performance otherwise is lackluster?
    Everyone is a one trick pony. DH has no utility for a group whatsoever other than to be aoe bots.

What matters is that you land a spot. Which many classes, such as DPS druids, rogues, warlocks, and shadow priests won't get.

So I guess the question for you shammies is, are you ok with being a one trick pony, brought because you are one of two classes that has a buff that's so good that you'll be brought even if your performance otherwise is lackluster?
    This statement is just false though. As it has been mentioned previously we also have good ST, alright sustained aoe, an aoe stun, a short cd interupt, hex and lust/heroism.

Sure the burst aoe is not the best, but seriously it is NOT going to hold this class back from mythic+, except for the top 2% of super elite wow is life gamers

What's the point in saying this?
    You say "you shammies", as though you are separate from us, so I'm going to assume you don't main/play one.

So here's you (who doesn't main a shammy) posting in the shaman class forum;
    1.) calling them a "one trick pony" (which is false),
    2.) claiming we will only be bought because of lust (which is false, drums still exist),
    3.) implying shaman performance may be lackluster (which could be said about any DPS class at this point)

Why?

I guess the better way to phrase this is, are you ok with being a class whose identity is so tied up in that one spell, at least as far as dungeons go? In things like looking for group, I'd bet that a lot of group leaders will take shammies when they need lust, and if they don't need lust (because they have a mage) they'll pick another class whose identity is tied to what they need. Even if shammies are good at other things (and I don't know if they are) it all gets drowned out unless it's ridiculously op, because bloodlust is so good people don't care about anything else except that you're not awful.

In the simple logic of many group leaders, the decision to take a shammy really comes down to: Need lust? Get a shammy. Don't need lust? Don't get a shammy.

And I think lust likely crowds out the need for the devs to give you anything else that's pretty good. No one's sitting there complaining about how shammies will never get brought to dungeons because lust always gives them a spot, so the devs won't see any reason to buff you.
    Sounds like useless group leaders that you'd want to avoid anyway

Aoe stun + short cd ranged interupt + being ranged (for ele) by itself will get all shamans brought to mythic+.

I just feel like sometimes some people offer unrealistic theoretical demands to determine if a spec will be brought or sought after. It's a good question to ask, but I think it's taken too far sometimes. No shaman spec is like spriest clearly.

That's especially true in mythic+. I'd say it's very hard to rank classes in mythic+ viability until it hits live because it's a large unknown just what the mythic+ progression community looks like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShoopDaWhoop View Post
    UcanDoSht-senpai is always right, cause he is our salvation. Nothing more to say.

For me personally, i really wanted to play ele shaman, but then i read the ele shaman forum and UcanDoSht´s preaches, and he enlightened me that ele shaman is pure sht like it was since .....ever?

So i go Boomkin this time. I never had a hybrid as main, and the Boomkin has just one thing that makes me to a unique snowflake:

IMA CHARGIN MAH LAZAHS!
    IMA FIRIN MAH LAZAHS!
    SHOOP DA WHOOP!!!!!!
    Balance Druid here, swapping to Ele/Enha because of their mythic+ viability. You'll have fun when trying to get invite for mythic+ on balance druid, it's ramp up is ten times worse than elemental shamans. I've been now testing elemental shaman, and the ramp up problem is really minor, at least compared to balance druid.

Got Beta so I can say 100% sure Elemental Shaman will be much better than Balance druid, but I still recommend Balance druid to anyone, it's fun'ish to play. It's just that I've been selling WoD CM Gold boost on my shaman, and I want to continue boosting in mythic+, that's why rerolling main to something that has hero + 5sec aoe stun and viable cleave/aoe damage.

I actually thought first that only enha will be viable in mythic+, but then my friend (one of the world best CM boosters, focusing full on mythic+) said that elemental will be good aswell and he is not sure if enha or ele will be played more in mythic+ dungeons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Pets still have lust but almost all raiding hunters will be going MM because of sidewinders and MM doesn't run a pet. So you might not have many hunters having access to lust.
    BM gets bloodlust from pets as mentioned and is looking actually very strong in mythic+ which is what we're talking about. You will see a lot of hunters going BM for mythic+

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashgordon View Post
    BM gets bloodlust from pets as mentioned and is looking actually very strong in mythic+ which is what we're talking about. You will see a lot of hunters going BM for mythic+
    What you said is true. I've been thinking if I should pick a shaman or hunter for Legion Mythic+ boosting. After some testing, the dps difference isn't too huge, both have hero, shaman has 5sec AoE stun, and whats most important, the enhancement and elemental shamans are much more interesting to play than BM. I am pretty confident about choosing shaman as main. Exciting changes, I just wish there would be higher skill cap on elemental shamans, they feel too easy currently.