Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    well...maybe because they are immortal...their hormone balances never change, so they don't really mature that much :P
    Hahaha a possibility but somehow I doubt it. Her character has never impressed me. Not sure if it's bad writing or the way they want her to be, but Tyrande is too impulsive for her position and experience. She also gets away with murder and prison breaks while showing no remorse, as was pointed out. It's as if her only leadership "quality" is her being Elune's chosen. Quite frankly, if I were Elune I'd be second guessing myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varteras View Post
    The moment I knew I despised Malfurion was his reaction to Illidan being freed. His brother had already spent 10,000 years in prison for his "crimes" and even in a time of crisis would have rather watched his brother, who could have been very useful, continue to rot in prison. His attitude towards Illidan was one of just absolute contempt even after so many years. That's not the part that really sent me over the edge with him.

The part where I basically just said, "Fuck Malfurion" was when he confronted Tyrande and Illidan during his prison break. Tyrande had killed the guards of the prison. People who were just doing their job of standing watch over prisoners like Illidan. Malfurion didn't even really give a shit. Where was his sense of justice then? Shouldn't Tyrande have been sentenced to death or lengthy imprisonment for her actions? No. All Malfurion cared about was that Illidan was now free after 10,000 freaking years and he didn't like it one bit. He just swept Tyrande's quite recent murderous deeds right under the rug while he continued to condemn Illidan in his mind for something that happened countless lifetimes ago.
    The guards refused a direct order from their leader. She had every right to attack them.

The stuff with him in Legion is one of the weak spots for the expansion. The writing, voice acting and plot is just garbage. Sadly he is one of the major NPC early on.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    Hahaha a possibility but somehow I doubt it. Her character has never impressed me. Not sure if it's bad writing or the way they want her to be, but Tyrande is too impulsive for her position and experience. She also gets away with murder and prison breaks while showing no remorse, as was pointed out. It's as if her only leadership "quality" is her being Elune's chosen. Quite frankly, if I were Elune I'd be second guessing myself.
    Again, they refused a direct order from their leader. And if you consider killing the orcs who still had the stench of demon blood on them impulsive, than yes she is.

I also like how the "3000 y/o milti-war veteran against impossible odds" get's shown up tatically in MoP by the 45y/o human king; when she wants to charge straight into the horde, while he taunts them ou

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alectis View Post
    Again, they refused a direct order from their leader. And if you consider killing the orcs who still had the stench of demon blood on them impulsive, than yes she is.
    Malfurion was in charge of Illidan's imprisonment, not Tyrande, and the Wardens reported to him.

The guards refused a direct order from their leader. She had every right to attack them.
    So that makes it cool that Malfurion didn't care that she killed people who refused her order to set his evil brother free, even when he told her not to? See, that's where the disconnect is here. Illidan was so "evil" that he deserved an eternity of imprisonment and contempt from his own brother. Yet Tyrande sets such a person free, against Malfurion's words and killed people to see it done, and he doesn't believe she needs punished for it. Are the Night Elves really cool with their "leader" killing the guards who refused her order to free someone Malfurion sentenced to eternal imprisonment for his "evil deeds"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    I also like how the "3000 y/o milti-war veteran against impossible odds" get's shown up tatically in MoP by the 45y/o human king; when she wants to charge straight into the horde, while he taunts them ou
    Actually she's over 10.000 years old lol. Still makes no sens why she is so rash and incompetent in that scenario. Probably to make Varian look like a better general. At least she had her moment to shine in SoO, when she destroyed the gates of Orgrimmar.

As opposed to all the multilayered, well-developed and memorable characters that normally populate Blizzards writing?

Lawl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Malfurion was in charge of Illidan's imprisonment, not Tyrande, and the Wardens reported to him.
    Tyrande was still the leader (and the high priestess) of the Night Elves and the Wardens not only disobeyed her, but outright attacked her as well.

- - - Updated - - -

So that makes it cool that Malfurion didn't care that she killed people who refused her order to set his evil brother free, even when he told her not to? See, that's where the disconnect is here. Illidan was so "evil" that he deserved an eternity of imprisonment and contempt from his own brother. Yet Tyrande sets such a person free, against Malfurion's words and killed people to see it done, and he doesn't believe she needs punished for it. Are the Night Elves really cool with their "leader" killing the guards who refused her order to free someone Malfurion sentenced to eternal imprisonment for his "evil deeds"?
    I doubt Malfurion would've punished his own wive (at least outside of the bedroom). The circumstances were different as well, and desperate times call for desperate measures.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know that she is the official leader right? What exactly do you expect Malfurion to do to her?

I can vaguely remember hes story.

All i know is i hate him just because the way they made him look both in the old warcraft and in WoW.
    He is the Vulture of the marvel universe ...............

i just dislike how shitty of a husband he is, and how shitty of a sibling he his and being a shitty husband is excusable i suppose, but being a shitty sibling is unforgivable.

being the strongest mortal on azeroth isn't inherently bad. being a less than great person is.

Tyrande was still the leader (and the high priestess) of the Night Elves and the Wardens not only disobeyed her, but outright attacked her as well.

- - - Updated - - -

I doubt Malfurion would've punished his own wive (at least outside of the bedroom). The circumstances were different as well, and desperate times call for desperate measures.
    That doesn't change how he acted towards one over the other. His own brother is a piece of shit that deserves eternal punishment for what he did but his woman killed people to free that horrible person against his word? Just because she's his woman shouldn't excuse the sense of justice he had against his own brother now being absent on her while he STILL looked at his brother like a piece of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Magnus View Post
    You know that she is the official leader right? What exactly do you expect Malfurion to do to her?
    Pretty sure Malfurion's position within Night Elven society is just as high, if not higher. He could have easily called her deeds to attention and pushed for, at the very least, her removal as leader. The fact is that he didn't give a shit about her deeds. He was just mad his own brother was free. Like I said, seems his sense of justice is just fine where his own brother, his flesh and blood, is involved but find his woman in a spot and he'll conveniently overlook it.

Characters with flaws are great when written well, i feel that the major lore characters have all been reduced to horrible plot vehicles, because we play as nameless characters in game all of the other characters stories are told 3rd hand.

Oddly enough an MMORPG is a terrible format to tell a story, warcraft III, an RTS was much better.

I just blame the format, i feel that if they did a clone wars style animated series we could get a MUCH better grasp on the stories in the game

Deleted
    That doesn't change how he acted towards one over the other. His own brother is a piece of shit that deserves eternal punishment for what he did but his woman killed people to free that horrible person against his word? Just because she's his woman shouldn't excuse the sense of justice he had against his own brother now being absent on her while he STILL looked at his brother like a piece of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure Malfurion's position within Night Elven society is just as high, if not higher. He could have easily called her deeds to attention and pushed for, at the very least, her removal as leader. The fact is that he didn't give a shit about her deeds. He was just mad his own brother was free. Like I said, seems his sense of justice is just fine where his own brother, his flesh and blood, is involved but find his woman in a spot and he'll conveniently overlook it.
    Well, maybe he didn't know that Tyrande killed the Wardens. That's the only reasonable explanation I can give. I despise him as well you know, Blizz should just kill him off and make Tyrande the sole leader again.

Well, maybe he didn't know that Tyrande killed the Wardens. That's the only reasonable explanation I can give. I despise him as well you know, Blizz should just kill him off and make Tyrande the sole leader again.
    If I recall correctly, there was no way he didn't know. Even without the murder of those guards, she released someone deemed evil enough to be jailed for eternity and his brother didn't even really care that SHE did it. He was just mad Illidan was free. Though I can assure you had that been anyone else that freed him, Malfurion would have been hellfire and brimstone.

I'd like to see the Night Elves get a new leader, period. Malfurion too often removes himself from Night Elven society to effectively lead it and Tyrande is just not leader material. At least not one to lead the entirety of the Night Elves. I almost want to see Jarod Shadowsong and/or Shandris Feathermoon lead them.

Tyrande had no authority over the Wardens. This is explicitly stated in the WarCraft 3 mission:

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper of the Grove
    "Hold, Priestess! This place is forbidden, even to one such as you. There is a terrible evil here that must remain chained beneath the earth."
    If the Wardens answered to anybody, it was to Elune herself:

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Watcher
    "Your quest is foolhardy! Even your goddess has condemned the one you seek to free!"
    At any rate, Tyrande had no authority there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Did he? Look at Fellwood. What part of it is still non-corrupted?
    yes... and look at ashenvale and darkshore, and mount hyjal, not completly overcome by fel magic...

so please, your saying, illidan made it worse? if he hadent killed that dread lord nothing woulda happened?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    And completely divide their leadership during a demon invasion? Does that really seem reasonable to you?