Deleted

Question Tabard of the Lightbringer in Legion?

What's the state of the Tabard of the Lightbringer in Legion?

It's been 2 over years since they ruined this amazing item in the WoD Beta and nothing's been done to fix it so far. Has anyone here heard anything about if or when Blizzard will fix it for Legion?

p.s. I've already tried my luck on the official forums, but I haven't learned anything new from that. Is there an appropriate reddit or something I can try as well?

Sometimes directly to a dev or the WarcraftDevs account on twitter can get a reply.
    Why the assumption it needs "fixed".
    That change may be intentional, even if you don't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Sometimes directly to a dev or the WarcraftDevs account on twitter can get a reply.
    Why the assumption it needs "fixed".
    That change may be intentional, even if you don't like it.
    Thanks for the tip

I know that when it comes to aesthetics it's nearly impossible to be objective, but in this instance I don't think it's out of bounds to say that the effect on the right is empirically worse than the effect to the left. Even if I try, it's very hard to defend it as an intentional change.

I don't think it is intentional, though. I've googled a little around on this issue and the general consensus seems to be that in Warlords of Draenor they updated the Holy Light healing spell effect, and the /Use effect on the tabard was just a larger version of that effect and so the tabard got caught in the crossfire. I don't know any of this for sure though, since I haven't seen any official Blizzard posts that state anything at all about altered effect.

Do you personally think it's fine the way it is right now?
    Last edited by mmoc1119638637; 2016-08-05 at 02:31 PM. Reason: a spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by Jochon View Post
    Thanks for the tip

I know that when it comes to aesthetics it's nearly impossible to be objective, but in this instance I don't think it's out of bounds to say that the effect on the right is empirically worse than the effect to the left. Even if I try, it's very hard to defend it as an intentional change.

I don't think it is intentional, though. I've googled a little around on this issue and the general consensus seems to be that in Warlords of Draenor they updated the Holy Light healing spell effect, and the /Use effect on the tabard was just a larger version of that effect and so the tabard got caught in the crossfire. I don't know any of this for sure though, since I haven't seen any official Blizzard posts that state anything at all about altered effect.

Do you personally think it's fine the way it is right now?
    I have never owned the tabard, but from a subjective view the first effect is too much for my liking when visible to other players.
    Room for a more exaggerated one visible for you only.
    So I have the opposite opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    I have never owned the tabard, but from a subjective view the first effect is too much for my liking when visible to other players.
    Room for a more exaggerated one visible for you only.
    So I have the opposite opinion.
    The new glow just makes you look like you have a glowy star pregnant belly though.

Even if the particles for the first one were too much, the new one pretty objectively looks like shit. As it stands right now no one even uses the on-use anymore because it's garbage.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    The new glow just makes you look like you have a glowy star pregnant belly though.

Even if the particles for the first one were too much, the new one pretty objectively looks like shit. As it stands right now no one even uses the on-use anymore because it's garbage.
    Yeah, it's actually a little bit embarrassing to pop it these days

If I remember right it, it changed when they changed how some of the holy spells we use look like it messed up the tabard. It is probably an oversight that they never got back to fixing.