Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

its a good time to short blizzard stock

just saw this article http://www.com-unik.info/activision-...-mkm-partners/ which shows Mike Morhaime selling a majority of his stock in Blizzard. This cant be a good sign for Blizzard stock value in the future when the Co-creator and CEO is dumping his stock like the party is over. They are putting up a lot of nice looking numbers in reports but actions speak louder than words.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or maybe after nearly 30 years he wants to sell his Stock so he can buy some nice shit and retire rich?

I mean not everything is some gigantic conspiracy. Also "Straight Jacket"

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    just saw this article http://www.com-unik.info/activision-...-mkm-partners/ which shows Mike Morhaime selling a majority of his stock in Blizzard. This cant be a good sign for Blizzard stock value in the future when the Co-creator and CEO is dumping his stock like the party is over. They are putting up a lot of nice looking numbers in reports but actions speak louder than words.
    Possible, he is also getting older though, might be finally take his leave as well. I mean retirement doesn't seem that unlikely either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

I wouldn't be concerned, his stocks were insane because of how long and how much he held. Makes sense to cash out a bit, especially because he is coming up on retirement age for someone of his wealth. I would be a bit more concerned if you see Metzen or Kaplan cashing out. Worry then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Or maybe after nearly 30 years he wants to sell his Stock so he can buy some nice shit and retire rich?

Nah it's definitely "strait-jacket". That'll teach you for being pedantic!

Actually I was shocked by how small these numbers are. Last time I checked his net worth was over 1 billion, a hundred million doesn't seem that big of a deal, specially that they are exceeding all expectations.
    Edit: 1.8 billion to be exact
    Last edited by HumbleDuck; 2016-07-31 at 09:02 AM.

Blizzard is making more now than ever, with hearthstone big sucess and overwatch selling over 11 million copies. Mike is old and probably just want to cash out and retire soon anyway.

This cant be a good sign for Blizzard stock value in the future when the Co-creator and CEO is dumping his stock like the party is over.
    lol, you kids.

Hey, you gotta realize, it's not the Justice League. It's a business. No one is irreplaceable. Not even Metzen or Kaplan. They're all gonna sell their stuff and go at some point. Why wouldn't they?

Zuffa LLC recently sold the UFC for over 4 billion dollars. The two guys who have been running it for a long time are moving on. Why do you think that is? Because "the party is over"? Well look at the latest as well as upcoming UFC PPV numbers and ask yourself again.

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    Blizzard is making more now than ever, with hearthstone big sucess and overwatch selling over 11 million copies. Mike is old and probably just want to cash out and retire soon anyway.
    he is 50 years old which is not spring chicken age but not usually retirement age for most people...maybe he is transitioning to something else or maybe just getting some cash but its not a good indication of the level of confidence in the company to be selling a majority of his stock.

he is 50 years old which is not spring chicken age but not usually retirement age for most people...maybe he is transitioning to something else or maybe just getting some cash but its not a good indication of the level of confidence in the company to be selling a majority of his stock.
    Morhaime is a Millionaire with a Net Worth in the Billions according to several sources. He isn't "most people" so being confused why he would retire unlike "most people" is a bit naive.

Deleted
    He isnt most people tho, he has a net worth of 1.8 billion dollars, he can retire tomorrow and live in absolute luxury for the rest of his life.

Thus people of such wealth usually retire early so as to be able to enjoy said wealth without any obligations of work left.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be preperation for retirement as well.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't he already sell a good amount of his stock before? People overeacted to that too. Maybe he needs some cash for his new beach house.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Morhaime is a Millionaire with a Net Worth in the Billions according to several sources. He isn't "most people" so being confused why he would retire unlike "most people" is a bit naive.
    The "net worth" sites are shit... If he sold shares for 40 million and still has shares worth about 15 million, where is the rest of his "1.8 billion"? Do you think he has 1.7 billion dollars in other business or he is sitting on a pile of billions?

<sarcasm>Nah, are you insane?

Everyone wants to work their whole life in the same company and in the same few games. It's every game developer or all around creative person's dream, ain't it?

Blizzard sinking is the only reason "everyone" is leaving the ship </sarcasm>

Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post
    The "net worth" sites are shit... If he sold shares for 40 million and still has shares worth about 15 million, where is the rest of his "1.8 billion"? Do you think he has 1.7 billion dollars in other business or he is sitting on a pile of billions?
    At this point it doesn't matter. The dude is stinking rich and has atleast 20 Million Dollars. The point I was trying to make is he can retire whenever the fuck he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelorra View Post
    Are the only two options for storing your wealth business investment and cash now? No managed funds, no private investment? No property investment?

Deleted
    The restrictions from the merger expired at the same time Pardo cashed in and left, I'd guess Mike had some extra clauses, but it makes good sense to cash in your options at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazail View Post
    Actually I was shocked by how small these numbers are. Last time I checked his net worth was over 1 billion, a hundred million doesn't seem that big of a deal, specially that they are exceeding all expectations.
    Edit: 1.8 billion to be exact
    Please tell me you didn't use one of those dumb "net worth" websites. They're completely crap, wrong, and useless.

Guys, if you look at the link, all Morhaime was doing was cashing out options. He acquired that stock by exercising options, then immediately sold it. There's nothing ominous about that.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"