Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Dungeon Deserter for being Kicked?

So I've just been kicked from a Timewalking dungeon for being a discipline priest "stop doing dps" they said.

Now I've got 30 min debuff.

That can't be right?

Yep. Happened to me, ironically for the same reason, today too.

Never thought being a spreadsheet autist would get me kicked from a group.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Spirit View Post
    So I've just been kicked from a Timewalking dungeon for being a discipline priest "stop doing dps" they said.

That can't be right?
    The debuff is bs. Being kicked looks fine, you don't need those idiots in your life
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

That can't be right?
    Must be a bug, also you don't want to group with those people ever again. Blacklist them.

7+ Year Old Account
    LOL
    they are idiots.

and the debuff is complete bullshit.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    If you signed up with role as healer and you do DPS and no one dies, that is totally fine. But if you do DPS and players are dying and you are the healer, kick is legit. I don't think that debuff is necessary after being kicked.
    Dude, he is a Discipline, people die when he DOESNT dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Dude, he is a Discipline, people die when he DOESNT dps.
    The only person who died was the one who went the wrong way in the nexus

Oh look, it's MoP all over again - discs getting kicked for doing DPS

10+ Year Old Account

That can't be right?
    Sadly, it isn't your fault, nor the system's fault. This is more the group you were in, most likely ignorant to Disc Priests. Sorry that you have/had to wait, but this is just people being too whiny about something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Oh look, it's MoP all over again - discs getting kicked for doing DPS
    Well, sadly, some people are just not informed enough.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It is the system's fault, because the whole way the debuff works has been crap for years. People will be idiots, that's what they are, and you can't fix retarded. That's just a variable you can't count out. But the system should be thought out enough to not punish the wrong people, and that's what the deserter buff regularly does.

I don't have high hopes that it's ever gonna be addressed though, as Blizzard seems to be completely oblivious to the fact that there's a problem with it, or they don't seem to view it as important at all.

If you get kicked before killing the first boss you get the debuff. It's sad and it's there because of ye olde wotlk fresh lfg times when people zones into oculus and said "I don't wanna do this dungeon and I don't wanna deserter, imma afk, kick me".

But yes happened to me too, a dps asked me to skip svala in timewalking utgarde pinnacle, no one objected so I did, then I got kicked and got deserter. I guess it's easier to kick than speak up you don't wanna skip the boss.

Saddest part is, it only took one ignorant player (maybe the same noob who went the wrong way?). The others saw vote kick and clicked yes to clear their screen without even looking to see who or why.

I swear, if Blizz let players vote on their own vote kick, most would vote to kick themselves before they realized it.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kyranna View Post
    Must be a bug, also you don't want to group with those people ever again. Blacklist them.
    It's not a bug, you get the debuff if you get kicked or leave the dungeon before downing the first boss. Also there's all kinds of people kicking people from groups for completely stupid reasons. It hasn't happened often but I've gotten kicked from plenty of groups when I was totally clearly carrying the group, even if it was clear that it would have been a wipe fest for them otherwise. I've had that happen even when we got all the way to last boss and the only thing I tried to do was kick out a player who was basically afk and just leaching.

You give people tools, they'll use them.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2016-07-31 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    If you get kicked before killing the first boss you get the debuff. It's sad and it's there because of ye olde wotlk fresh lfg times when people zones into oculus and said "I don't wanna do this dungeon and I don't wanna deserter, imma afk, kick me".

But yes happened to me too, a dps asked me to skip svala in timewalking utgarde pinnacle, no one objected so I did, then I got kicked and got deserter. I guess it's easier to kick than speak up you don't wanna skip the boss.
    I'm trying to do H Skyreach on my rogue today, just trying to farm some valor to max the last of my alt rings. Tank goes left after the first boss and healers stages a sit-in because she wants her quest item from behind the adds on the right. We go on without the healer through the next two bosses before the tank digs his heels in before the last trash. So finally I run back and solo the adds for the healer then sprint back up and solo the robot the tank is staring at and I was about to solo the last boss but finally the others started working together again and gave me a hand.

I swear, players can get so petty sometimes. Only explanation I can see is they're bringing their stress from RL and taking it out on each other in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    It's not a bug, you get the debuff if you get kicked or leave the dungeon before downing the first boss. Also there's all kinds of people kicking people from groups for completely stupid reasons. It hasn't happened often but I've gotten kicked from plenty of groups when I was totally clearly carrying the group, even if it was clear that it would have been a wipe fest for them otherwise. I've had that happen even when we got all the way to last boss and the only thing I tried to do was kick out a player who was basically afk and just leaching.

You give people tools, they'll use them.
    I don't even kick the afk ones anymore. We're so OP at this point in the xpac that it's faster to finish without them than risk any drama over kicking them.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    And 5 man dungeons are equivalent to Mythic raiding before pre-patch? He could just shield the fuck out of everyone and it would be fine. Anyway, the guy said guy fell off the edge in Nexus.
    Disc Shield now is on a 7.5sec CD and is a fraction of the strength it used to be. So Yes, he does need to DPS to heal.

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    I don't even kick the afk ones anymore. We're so OP at this point in the xpac that it's faster to finish without them than risk any drama over kicking them.
    Well for the most part yes but this doesn't apply to timewalking dungeons where one person can easily make your group an awful experience with a lot of wipes.

AFKs, DCs and people playing their class properly seem to be the main recipients of the vote kick and getting deserter is just ridiculous (I hope it's just an over site rather than intentional on the dev's side)

The vote to kick option should include about 6 options clicking 'yes' or 'no' with messages like:

"Have you actually considered why you're voting yes to kick this person or are you being a sheep?"
    "Are you blindly clicking 'yes' to kick a healer / tank doing a good job because the other one is throwing a tantrum?"
    "The player you are bashing for playing their class wrong and have opted to 'vote kick' do you actually have the slightest inclination as to how that class is actually played?"
    ..etc

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post

I swear, players can get so petty sometimes. Only explanation I can see is they're bringing their stress from RL and taking it out on each other in-game.
    Or in the game it's the only place in life they feel to have power over other people so they want to exercise it wherever possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyranna View Post
    I think it isn't a bug so that people who want to desert the dungeon don't just go AFK untill they get kicked.

Curiously enough sometimes when you actually desert the dungeon you don't get the debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    AFKs, DCs and people playing their class properly seem to be the main recipients of the vote kick and getting deserter is just ridiculous (I hope it's just an over site rather than intentional on the dev's side)

The vote to kick option should include about 6 options clicking 'yes' or 'no' with messages like:

"Have you actually considered why you're voting yes to kick this person or are you being a sheep?"
    "Are you blindly clicking 'yes' to kick a healer / tank doing a good job because the other one is throwing a tantrum?"
    "The player you are bashing for playing their class wrong and have opted to 'vote kick' do you actually have the slightest inclination as to how that class is actually played?"
    ..etc
    And then I have to go through those questions whenever someone is offline or AFK. Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    This is fixing the problem with an even bigger problem though isnt it. A lot of abusable power to the players leading to grief situations like deserter buffs etc. There shouldn't be any debuff after a kick.
    Not a fan of it either but that "bug" has been around since Cataclysm.