Page 22 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    Fatal echoes trait is another broken trait? Never procced for me over course of 5 mins even with reap active.
    once got 4 procs in a row on the same UA on Ursoc :>

Is there a working trinket sims link as the one from the first side doesn't work. ty

How far behind is Service compared to Supremacy and Sacrifice for Affliction? I notice most people are running around with the Doomguard, but I honestly really love my little eyeball buddy and would prefer to stick with the Observer unless it's a significant DPS loss. My Warlock is an alt unless both my Shaman and my Priest turn out to be exceptionally disappointing post-715 so I don't necessarily need to do the most optimal thing with her.
    Last edited by Arachnofiend; 2016-12-07 at 09:09 PM.

Service is close enough that you should do what you want on your alt.

I also use it on Xavius because the cooldown reset is too valuable to waste

Deleted
    Hi Terryn. on your latest vid you say that the tier armur bonus will probably be nerfed again because it's a 50% increased chance for Agony to proc a shard

It's not. It's 1.15 which is a 15% increased chance, which was nerfed from 1.25 which was a 25% increased chance. Almost certainly to move affliction away from having super-powerful tier armour by baking more of the damage into the spec itself which is good cos not everyone will have that tier armour

Same reason they nerfed the UA damage bonus from 20% to 10%

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnofiend View Post
    How far behind is Service compared to Supremacy and Sacrifice for Affliction? I notice most people are running around with the Doomguard, but I honestly really love my little eyeball buddy and would prefer to stick with the Observer unless it's a significant DPS loss. My Warlock is an alt unless both my Shaman and my Priest turn out to be exceptionally disappointing post-715 so I don't necessarily need to do the most optimal thing with her.
    Do what you want, but people take the Doomguard because it's strong fire-and-forget damage and has the advantage that it's ranged.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebiroth99 View Post
    Hi Terryn. on your latest vid you say that the tier armur bonus will probably be nerfed again because it's a 50% increased chance for Agony to proc a shard

It's not. It's 1.15 which is a 15% increased chance, which was nerfed from 1.25 which was a 25% increased chance. Almost certainly to move affliction away from having super-powerful tier armour by baking more of the damage into the spec itself which is good cos not everyone will have that tier armour

Same reason they nerfed the UA damage bonus from 20% to 10%
    Yeah you're correct there, And yes thats why it was further nurfed from 25% down to 15%. I'm suspecting it will be dropped to a 10% shard increase rate (Which is still quite a bit).

The UA nurf is going to be really noticeable after these changes, where easily 40% of your damage is UA. A 20% buff is a 16% damage boost from a set bonus, which is way over budget.
    Don't be like haunt guy.

Deleted
    Quick question ive aqquired the legendary affliciton Wrist (When UA is up on a tager it gives 4% increased dmg) and i got a quick question. Does this alter our playstyle? Should i play as if i was playing contagion even on fights where i dont? Or should i play normal AC style and then not have high uptime on the legendary buff?

Any suggestions or experiences?

Quote Originally Posted by Alexis91 View Post
    Quick question ive aqquired the legendary affliciton Wrist (When UA is up on a tager it gives 4% increased dmg) and i got a quick question. Does this alter our playstyle? Should i play as if i was playing contagion even on fights where i dont? Or should i play normal AC style and then not have high uptime on the legendary buff?

Any suggestions or experiences?
    As someone who also has these wrists, I find that on single target you just have to play like you usually do with AC as the 4% isn't big enough to alter the playstyle and the 4% you have will affect the subsequent UA you put on the target therefore making the difference from it not having a very high uptime.

Multi-targets is where it gets fun. Fight like Odyn and Dragons will start altering your playstyle where instead of dumping every UA into a single target, you will start multi-dotting your UA but it still has to be inside Reap Souls as often as possible (e.g Shard capping at low amount of souls). AoE situation where you might be high in shards will also benefit from multiple UA on various targets to increase your throughput.

On single target, you'll get ~2,5% increase from the effect which is pretty meh. Its strength comes from multi-dotting and I feel that with the changes next patch, it'll become better has you'll be able to get a much better uptime on it.

7+ Year Old Account
    The thing to keep in mind with the wrists, is UA will be at around a 6.5 second duration with moderate haste. Chaining 3 UA on 3 different targets will give you 12% bonus damage sure, but that will only last ~ 2.5 seconds and drop down to 8% because your first UA fell off. Overall it won't change too much, your goal should just be to keep one running long term if possible on 2 target.
    Don't be like haunt guy.

Deleted
    I saw on the warlock discord last night people recommending only activating Reap Souls after dumping 2-3 UA's. Why would they be recommending this? I have been activating Reap Souls and then dumping as many as I can within the buff time and I can't imagine what benefit waiting until you have already dumped 2 UA's before activating Reap Souls would bring?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prawntage View Post
    I saw on the warlock discord last night people recommending only activating Reap Souls after dumping 2-3 UA's. Why would they be recommending this? I have been activating Reap Souls and then dumping as many as I can within the buff time and I can't imagine what benefit waiting until you have already dumped 2 UA's before activating Reap Souls would bring?
    Yeah, that's interesting. I usually dump 1 UA, activate reap and dump the rest directly after, but I dunno.. I don't really PvE atm though.. In for answers.

It's when you're low on souls to reap and have 4 shards ready to use. This way each UA has reap souls buff up by the time it ends giving a higher chance to refresh with echoes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kicker03 View Post
    It's when you're low on souls to reap and have 4 shards ready to use. This way each UA has reap souls buff up by the time it ends giving a higher chance to refresh with echoes.
    I see, does UA not gain double damage from compounding horror if you activate reap souls before dumping it then? (The first one).

I see, does UA not gain double damage from compounding horror if you activate reap souls before dumping it then? (The first one).
    It will, which is definitely great if you need to use UA to to burn a priority target and you have stacks. But otherwise CH stacks aren't something you'll pay attention to, since the damage is minimal compared to everything else.

If you activate reap souls after 2 UA's you won't lose a single tick of the first 2 UA's. The first one will be just before it's first tick. CH is just garbage atm, don't even look at it.

Could anyone please describe the ideal usage of reap souls? The reap usage section in the guide doesn't help me. I am new in affliction and want to play it ideally.

On icy veins they are saying use reap souls with 2-4 souls.. idk anymore what to do exactly ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    What neck enchant should I use as affliction? Currently using satyr but after I saw amount of damage it did on mythic Nythendra I want to change it
    Sadly, Satyr is still the best we have. That's how bad the neck enchants are.

Deleted
    Even worse when they proc onto Soul Effigy

I get that. It's also frustrating when I see the Aran's Ruby Fire under the Effigy!