Download seems to stop and restart

I have 115 down and 12 up.

I just recently moved to a new house and this issue has never occurred at my previous location. I mainly noticed this issue when I decided to download a game from Steam. As the video game was downloading, I noticed it would reach peak speed (around 14mb/s) and then instantly drop to 0 mb/s. Then would would climb back to peak speed and again drop back to 0. Almost like a roller coaster.

http://imgur.com/a/5pYC8

Okay! Maybe it's just steam being retarded. Then I noticed that sometimes when I attempted to load a website, the site would load to the page that says something a long the lines "Website could not be accessed due to no connection", but then 2 seconds later the website would reload itself and load properly.

I called the ISP and explained to them the issue. They sent a guy out and told me the signals were perfect and it was probably my computer. Then he left.

What exactly is happening with my internet? Is there any way I can figure this out, or should I keep calling my ISP until I get someone out here that does more than "check the signal"

You got another device to test said download on? Id first try and rule out storage, can you run a disc check on your hdd. Seagates is called seatools for windows, i cant remember what WD calls theirs but im sure its easy enough to google.

I don't have anything installed on my HDD.. I have mostly everything on my SSD..

Try downloading the game to your HDD just to check if the up and down download thing is happening there as well.

14mb download?

where did you move? the year 2000?

did you mean MB?

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Try downloading the game to your HDD just to check if the up and down download thing is happening there as well.
    Yeah. Same thing happens.

It's not just the download either. It's also looking at websites.. Where when I try to load a website, it will pop up the page "This site can't be reached" and then 2 seconds later refresh the page on it's on and it loads fine.

Is there any proof that I can get saying it's not my PC and it is indeed the ISP? Like any programs to test bad internet connection? Because the tech they sent said "Oh it must be your PC".. LOL He literally came in, checked the signals, told me "It must be your PC" and left.
    Last edited by AdrianCC100; 2016-08-01 at 02:21 PM.