Poll: Should we wipe mosquitoes off the face of the Earth?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yes please.

You can't even go out walking at night without them biting you.

Deleted
    Well i would like to get rid of mosquitoes and any other parasites
    Buut Human population grow up very fast and we live on 1 planet.There mus be somekind of natural control over our population unless we do not want to get 10-15 billion after 10 years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    As harsh as it may sound, I'm against wiping out entire species of animals for the sake of ONE species that is already destroying the planet.
    I maybe biased but I support our species. Also, other animals would also benefit from this as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, other land mammals would stand up and applaud us for wiping out mosquitoes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, kill the species primarily responsible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Well i would like to get rid of mosquitoes and any other parasites
    Buut Human population grow up very fast and we live on 1 planet.There mus be somekind of natural control over our population unless we do not want to get 10-15 billion after 10 years
    Food is a pretty good limiting resource.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thankfully, smarter people than MMO-C posters, are the one making decisions and checking the facts before taking action.
    Setting a pretty low bar there, aren't you?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

No?, Yes?, I play WoW I don't know who these "mosquitoes" are, but wiping them off the face of the earth sounds kinda racist

I haven't been bitten by a mosquito in a while here in Nebraska. It might that it's too hot for them. I haven't seen a bee in a long time either.

I'm sure its already been said but mosquitoes are an important part of the ecosystem and provide tremendous amounts of food for animals likes bats, birds, fish, dragonflies and frogs. It'd be better for the environment to work on cures or vaccines to any illness they might transmit. I hate the little bitches with a passion since they always seem to seek me out but they play an important role.

Eat more diverse foods. Like garlic, onions , and other things. I live in Louisiana, and dont really get bit that much. Plus I believe only the females are the ones that bite, I could be wrong. It's the scent of your blood they are after. I'd have to look it up, but if you eat a lot of cheese and dairy products, they'll love you even more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phayde View Post
    I'm sure its already been said but mosquitoes are an important part of the ecosystem and provide tremendous amounts of food for animals likes bats, birds, fish, dragonflies and frogs. It'd be better for the environment to work on cures or vaccines to any illness they might transmit. I hate the little bitches with a passion since they always seem to seek me out but they play an important role.

Eat some Garlic and Onions. And stay away from cheese and dairy products.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I haven't been bitten by a mosquito in a while here in Nebraska. It might that it's too hot for them. I haven't seen a bee in a long time either.

Standing water are breeding grounds. It's where the females lay the larva. Heat doesnt matter. Plus if you dont eat much cheese or dairy products, they wont bother you as much. I eat Garlic and Onions every day. I rarely get bit, and I live in Louisiana.

- - - Updated - - -

They love people that eat a lot of cheese and dairy products. When you eat a lot of dairy, your blood scent is what is making them come to you. Eat more Garlic and Onions.

Also, http://www.mosquitoreviews.com/mosqu...ecosystem.html

It's not as easy as pressing a button. Thankfully, smarter people than MMO-C posters, are the one making decisions and checking the facts before taking action.
    Calls people stupid, links a third party website, with just one author (with no apparent / visible academic credentials...) and absoutley 0 references in each article I checked ............. Logic

Deleted
    No, we should wipe these memes from the face of the earth.

Deleted
    Sure humanity has enough nuclear weapons to kill itself but it doesn't so rational thinking doesn't count (lol@at best for eco system). Try and see what happens.

Another typical dumb fucking idea by some dude.

Deleted
    I haven't researched their effect on our ecosystem, but provided they don't perform a key role (which i doubt): yes, please eradicate the little shits.

Deleted
    What could possibly go wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Human beings are the most dangerous creatures in regard to the environment and damage it does to the ecosystem, we should cull it before any other animal.

Deleted
    Anyone who defends mosquitoes has some serious issues.