Deleted

still only 3 pieces of unique profession gear?

as a leatherworker, im curious to know if blizzard are still only allowing you to use 3 unique equipped profession gear in legion?

For Warlords gear, yes, you can only equip 3 items.

For Legion, you can outfit a character with every slot in Legion crafted gear.

But don't think of it as "massive headstart for new level 100+." Think of it as "RNG hates me, I'm STILL missing this slot."

The only way to upgrade your crafted gear (which--IIRC, take with caution--starts at 815 and upgrades to 850) is to craft another piece of gear (for FULL price)... and destroy it at the Obliterium Forge, so you can get some mats (how much? enough for an upgrade?) to upgrade your perfect-secondary-stats gear by +5 iLvls. So you'd probably (???) have to craft 8 of each slot, pick the best stats, and destroy the rest to upgrade those good pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    8? Oh my sweet summer child. Obliterating craftables does not give obliterum, it gives obliterum ash (100 ash to one obliterum). Chest/Legs/Helm give 60-75 ash; wrists can give as low as 15. So you will be obliterating a lot more than 8 per slot.
    It just isn't worth it unless the RNG gods hate you with a specific slot and you just dump your mats there. It will only be worthwhile for the JC items for some classes imo.
    Did they finally figure out that different stat budgets deserve different mat costs? I only bothered to equip pants/chest because they had 100% stat budgets. For the same mats, I'd get as low as 75% or 66% for other pieces.

And ouch. That's a lot of crafting...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    8? Oh my sweet summer child. Obliterating craftables does not give obliterum, it gives obliterum ash (100 ash to one obliterum). Chest/Legs/Helm give 60-75 ash; wrists can give as low as 15. So you will be obliterating a lot more than 8 per slot.
    It just isn't worth it unless the RNG gods hate you with a specific slot and you just dump your mats there. It will only be worthwhile for the JC items for some classes imo.
    Also the darkmoon cards are upgradeable. DPS darkmoon card is static mainstat (int/agi/str)/ Static Crit, Healing one is Main stat/reduce spell costs, and the tank one I believe is going to be changed but its currently giving armor (its the only source of bonus armor at legion max level)

Also the Alchemy trinket is upgradeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingforSWTOR View Post
    Ontopic, i play both factions since i accidentally the queues
    Ben Dover and Alpha Queue too!

Most crafted gear is under budgeted and the cost of upgrading is unreasonably crazy.

While there is no 3 item equip cap, you can rest assured you'll probably never want to even wear 3, let alone more, crafted items anyway.