Poll: Are you generally HAPPY with the direction of WoW?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Everything is too easy, instant gratification...there's no challenge anymore - it's possible I've just been playing too long.

The only fun part of an expansion anymore is the first few months when leveling and gearing up is fresh. During WoD once you did that there was nothing else to do but raid. We'll see what Legion has to offer - professions will probably still be worthless, world quests will dry up in meaningful rewards, dungeons will be all but obsolete...same thing that happens every expansion. God forbid you have an amazing trinket be a low % drop chance in a mythic dungeon or something...Ya know..like an RPG.

Yea. I am not happy with the RNG and lootboxes all around the place, but that's a minor thing when it comes to a game as huge as wow.

Let's see - promoting class/profession fantasy and distinction vs. further homogenization? check
    Enemies that aren't just more orcs? check

That's enough for me.

Deleted
    wow will die with this expansion, mark my words. unless they release legacy servers, the true players of this game want to play an mmo, not an instant gratification flashy casual MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    1 content patch compared to the other xpacs, 6.1, Garrisons, Shipyard and the insane amount of cut content beyond other things. And a content drought longer than the previous expansion when they said during WoD we don't want that to happen.
    Don't forget shitty lore and Yrel on top of that standing with the Grommash talking about "peace in Draenor".

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Don't forget shitty lore and Yrel on top of that standing with the Grommash talking about "peace in Draenor".
    Oh yeah forgot the shitty lore. Fanfiction writers do better than the shit they spewed out with WoD.

I'm not happy with the game turning into Diablo with all the RNG and whatnot. But beyond that they've stripped away just about every quality of this game that made it feel like an RPG, be it with the addition of flying mounts, portals to everywhere etc. There is no mystery or journey in this game anymore, when I was playing on Nostalrius the thing that struck me the most about it was how much I had to travel, how long it took to accomplish things etc. it contributed towards making the world feel massive and interesting this is a feeling I have not had in modern WoW since WoTLK. I think its mainly because Cataclysm destroyed the leveling process along with a lot of other things and the Blizzard devs seem to ignore the feedback which is given to them. So currently I'm planning on ending my WoW career at the conclusion of Legion, by then I'll have spent half of my life playing this game and its no longer the game I started playing all those years ago. If Blizzard were to release legacy servers I'd play them but otherwise I think after this expansion it will be time to move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither. We'll have to see what Legion says.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Still on the fence. I like what they've done with some classes and specs, but dislike what they've done with others.

One thing that's bugging me the most is the unnecessary removal of so many settings and details. The movement speed stat being removed from the character panel for example as as well as the removal of the hide helm and cloak settings, which you now have to go to the tmog guy for to hide them every single time you get a new helmet/cloak. I'm also missing the scrolling combat text customizable options such as telling me when I enter and exit combat as well as whenever I gain extra energy.

if i blocked this guy why can i still see his damm threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Simple question, are you generally happy with the direction of WoW?

I am, and I am excited for the potential and what they do in Legion. 3 raid tiers, mega dungeons, tons of content. The future only looks bright when compared to the darkest moments (Mop).
    You and me both know Cata was the worst haha, the only thing to come out of Cata: Revamped 1-60, Heroic (called mythic now) Rag, and Transmog - Everything in Cata other than that was absolute trash IMO.

On Topic: I'm happy they've made good changes in terms of PVP, and PVE direction. I'm happy that people are coming together to make the game more tight nit now that all the cry babies left. I'm glad the games coming back to the roots, and I personally believe - this is the last expansion that Blizzard can use to really launch wow in the right direction, or literally destroy the playerbase (basically, the game could last another 8 years or MORE, or the game could last maybe 3 more years depending on how good this expansion really is tbh).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    JLock threads are LYFE my friend, you have to embrace the rage
    Last edited by dacoolist; 2016-08-01 at 06:34 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterBeast View Post
    Because, sadly, ignoring and blocking a person, doesn't make their threads vanish.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Simple question, are you generally happy with the direction of WoW?

I am, and I am excited for the potential and what they do in Legion. 3 raid tiers, mega dungeons, tons of content. The future only looks bright when compared to the darkest moments (Mop).
    U tell us legion will be good because it has loads of content (which is true) but then u tell us the darkest moment was mop (which had tons of content)?
    I mean, yes, dungeonwise legion is guaranteed better then mop, but mop also had 3 raid tiers with good raids (IMO)
    Mop was mainly disliked because of the theme and the daily system
    Yes, probably not the reason why legion might be disliked but it doesnt make sense to list reasons to like legion more then mop with content mop had too. So, why did u dislike mop?

Anyway, we all know u like legion so far and that u are hyped (I am too) but we dont need a poll every week to remind us of your hype.
    Oh and yes u stand out on these forums, mainly because of your support of a certain questionable candidate in your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    wow will die with this expansion, mark my words. unless they release legacy servers, the true players of this game want to play an mmo, not an instant gratification flashy casual MMO.
    Amen to that...

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    Amen to that...
    What expansion is this? Let's see... TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD, and now Legion. So expansion #.... let's see... 1, two, 3, four, 5... 6! Expansion 6!

Which means I've seen your EXACT same post before 5 other expansion releases!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    As a ret I enjoy the current rotation even tho I wish Holy Power would go away. Different strokes for different fokes I guess, but no alot of the ability's was useless.
    Really? Try listing one ability that was pruned from Ret, other than Righteous Fury, that was entirely useless. To make it easy I'll list useful abilities that were pruned.

Divine Protection
    Hand of Sacrifice
    Exorcism
    Hammer of Wrath
    Long Arm of the Law
    Speed of Light
    Pursuit of Justice
    Selfless Healer
    Holy Prism
    Light's Hammer
    Supplication
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2016-08-01 at 07:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Only addicts are still playing wow at this point. Pretty clear wod was a disaster and even after wotlk wow sucked.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We can't just bury Warlords like we could with much of the previous expansions since it introduced the concept of alternate realities. When we killed Deathwing, we killed him dead whereas now nothing can truly be written in stone. Stories and characters can be completely rewritten and/or ruined now at the drop of a hat should they wish it.

The only way to go forward from here is to find a way to destroy our Dark Portal as a way to say we're by ourselves in the universe and go back on how the Nether transcending all realities. Just rip the bandaid right off so we can continue on our journey.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashix View Post
    Yeah but I'd be happier more, if people like Jaylock didn't pollute the game.
    Do you think that I pollute the game because you disagree with my assessment of Legion? I'd really like to understand why someone would make a statement like you just made.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    We can't just bury Warlords like we could with much of the previous expansions since it introduced the concept of alternate realities. When we killed Deathwing, we killed him dead whereas now nothing can truly be written in stone. Stories and characters can be completely rewritten and/or ruined now at the drop of a hat should they wish it.
    So basically, its like Marvel and DC comics?