Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    This'll probably end fine
    how else do we stop gun violence if not with MORE guns, amirite guys?
    I mean, really the only way to be completely safe is if everyone just walks around in a constant Mexican stand-off.
    Plus the police feel even safer, knowing everyone can be/probably is armed!
    /s

the ignorance of these posters are astounding.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Why not add in and legalize honor killing too? If someone insults you, then you are allowed to shoot the person to restore your family name and honor.
    Guess what, genius? People took their gons to class today. Know how many shootings happened on college campuses in the state of Texas today?

Take a wild guess. I bet you won't get it right on the first try!

Did you guess none? Yes? Oh, then you got it right! YAY!

Why not keep your yap shut about things you clearly are very poorly educated on? Then we're all allowed to hope that you don't say anything like this right here.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

we need to bring duels back, why the hell did we get rid of that

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    Guess what, genius? People took their gons to class today. Know how many shootings happened on college campuses in the state of Texas today?

Take a wild guess. I bet you won't get it right on the first try!

Did you guess none? Yes? Oh, then you got it right! YAY!

Why not keep your yap shut about things you clearly are very poorly educated on? Then we're all allowed to hope that you don't say anything like this right here.
    What? You want to talk of poor education, while talking of the one in US? You came to the right place to talk about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Yeah I'm sure people firing wildly up at a clock tower with pistols would have stopped Charles Whitman.
    There actually were civilians who attempted it while the shooting was going on. And yeah, that obviously didn't stop him, but it very well could've kept the body count from being even higher than it was since it slowed him down and forced him to take cover.

What? You want to talk of poor education, while talking of the one in US? You came to the right place to talk about it.
    fake and false, stop believing the hype

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a lot of history majors here at MMOC. Have any of them pointed out that today was also the 50th anniversary of the Tower Shooting at UT?
    When a Disgruntled former student killed 17 and injured 30 others. Even though civilians and officers tried to stop him with their own rifles they were unsuccessful. It finally took a team of police officers ( no SWAT back then) to storm his position and kill him.

I like how everyone is acting like no one ever brought a gun in school property before this law.

Must be nice in your little bubble.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Now it's legal for disgruntled students to bring guns into the classroom...
    Not only that, now when someone steals a bag at a college, they don't just get your homework, a textbook or two, and maybe a laptop out of it... Now they get a firearm to boot! Ready to go right into the illegal arms trading network.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't wait for the day an actual incident occurs and all the students carrying pull out to assist in dealing with it but then getting confused about who the actual gunman is and shooting each other for safety reasons.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

This would have stopped the VT massacre and the other tower shooting that the guy above mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Tempguy View Post
    I like how everyone is acting like no one ever brought a gun in school property before this law.

Must be nice in your little bubble.
    Yeah, atleast here that number totals to less than your current presidential candidates who stand a chance at winning the election.

Maybe take a look at your own bubble, and ponder what might be wrong with it, if that's such a common occurrence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    This would have stopped the VT massacre and the other tower shooting that the guy above mentioned.
    Civilians with guns were unable to stop the tower shooter. Civilians are bad shots, who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Civilians with guns were unable to stop the tower shooter. Civilians are bad shots, who knew?
    Did civilians fire back?

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Texas I really do, but they really haven't moved on from the wild west... :P

I imagine Texas is like this in every day life lol
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    And since they were not as effective as you would have liked, no one should be able to exercise their right to carry a weapon for protection?

Seems legit. While we're at it, let's strip the right to vote from the folks who vote for this year's loser in the election since they weren't effective and their candidate lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The whole reason people brought it up is because the tower situation occurred despite armed civilians attempting to stop it, as a testament to the ineffectiveness of the "good guy with a gun."
    Well he had a vantage point with cover. Most school shooters just run and gun nowadays because they know nobody is going to be armed.

I'm less concerned with the occasional presence of a gun and more the driving force behind it, which seems to be a persistent inability to feel secure outside of the home without a lethal security blankey on their hip.
    Well,m good for you that it's entirely your opinion and you have no idea why anyone would have a gun on school grounds. For instance, leaving it in your car isn't a great idea. And if you are an owner and want to live on campus housing , there is that too.

But do go on and project.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, atleast here that number totals to less than your current presidential candidates who stand a chance at winning the election.

Maybe take a look at your own bubble, and ponder what might be wrong with it, if that's such a common occurrence.
    I don't live in a bubble. I live in reality where I acknowledge the fact that people have and will continue to have concealed weapons with or without my knowledge. You stay in your bubble until you realize what a bubble is.

You and everyone else acting like no one ever had a weapon on school grounds and this law was the only thing stopping them. The real world doesn't work that way. Only those who obeyed the law actually kept their weapons home.

Speaking of projecting.
    Yes, I was speaking of you projecting. You noticed