Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Obviously the title overdramatizes the recent threads about people suddenly being very bored about their classes pre-patch. But it still made me wonder. What class do you think is fun, even in pre-patch, and why is it fun?

No polls because i want people to actually state why.

For me currently it is Unholy Death knights withe their spreading diseases and death's advance passive movement speed.
    there is more ppl who like it than dislike it.

You will only see threads where they dont. Ppl that enjoy them are playing, not posting about it

I'm finally leveling my Warrior, finding it a lot of fun. Unholy DK and Outlaw are also pretty fun. I was initially enjoying Demo Lock but Im finding the ramp up times on damage pretty frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    After several years as shadow I quite like what they've done with Discipline and may main that for the expansion.
    ...you might actually be the only Priest I've ever seen who is happy with the direction they brought Disc.

OT: I personally love the new Shadow and I simply cannot stress how enjoyable it is to raid. But I personally have always preferred button-spamming, high APM rotations so what I find enjoyable may not be everybody's cup of tea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having a blast with Survival Hunter, Outlaw Rogue and Demonology Warlock. Just me, of course.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    ...you might actually be the only Priest I've ever seen who is happy with the direction they brought Disc.

OT: I personally love the new Shadow and I simply cannot stress how enjoyable it is to raid. But I personally have always preferred button-spamming, high APM rotations so what I find enjoyable may not be everybody's cup of tea.
    I've mained shadow for years, since mid-BC anyway, and the spec is now so far away from the character I originally created I barely know her any longer. For most of those years I honestly didn't look at the healing specs. So I wasn't fond with the spec direction from an RP standpoint preferring to think of the spec as a bit more cerebral and not "insane", temporarily or otherwise. The way the spec plays now is nice enough but I'm no longer interested in raiding and group content for me in Legion is likely to be mythic+ and little else.

Discipline was largely ignored during those years except for random side trips into the spec but I never played it at a high level or intended to do so. Unhappy with the direction of shadow and largely unfamiliar with Discipline's former mechanics I'm coming to the spec as a true hybrid, leaning toward the DPS talents for solo stuff and for goofing around with friends. And for that I like it quite a bit. The self-healing is amazing of course and it's a complete change from managing multiple dots as I have for the last several years.

I may not be a good test case for Discipline but coming to it fresh it's nice and Atonement is very strong for what is likely to be my main areas of interest in Legion. For mythic+ I'll probably run as shadow or may even look at holy but I personally don't think of myself as a healer as such so shadow is more likely there. Discipline is a good fit with my game interests for now and I can always fall back on shadow if someone needs a DPS to come along for something. Philosophically I had always thought shield spam was inherently boring and raising the difficulty cap on the spec makes it more interesting than anything.

TL-DR: Maybe it was just time for a change.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2016-08-02 at 08:58 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Outlaw rogue.
    The first class/spec that has ever made me actually LOL (6-rolls are better than sex)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

I've only just resubbed after skipping most of WoD, only ever had my main (Ret Pally) at max level, so I'm not super experienced with all the other classes, but I'm really enjoying my Enhancement Shaman (currenly lvl 93) and my outlaw rogue (lvl 97). I boosted my warrior, but haven't really tried him out yet.

As for my Ret Pally, at first I kinda liked the changes, then I started to really not like the changes, but now I'm coming back around. Instead of Execution Sentence I specced into Consecration, and for some reason that just made everything feel a lot smoother. I didn't have these huge gaps where I had nothing to do. I also learned how to better manage my defensive abilities and self healing, so I don't feel so underpowered like I did at first.

Definitely not Frost DK, 1.5s gcd killed all the enjoyment from playing the class for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like how my main plays, but the Demon Hunter is a lot of fun.

7+ Year Old Account
    warlock, demon hunter, bm/surv hunter, dk, warrior, priest, druid, rogue, fire mage, prot/ret pally, ele shammy, are all specs/classes i find atleast enjoyable, other then that ,eh, their ok, the only one i really hate is brewmaster monk.. idk why

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shonist View Post
    there is more ppl who like it than dislike it.

You will only see threads where they dont. Ppl that enjoy them are playing, not posting about it
    ^^^ exactly, this is what so many people forget, there is tons of people who like things, that meanwhile you see 10-100 threads about it hating it, because the people who like it, are playing it, not posting about how much they love it, because posting about how much you love something, is much less compelling them posting about how much you hate something
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Outlaw rogue.
    The first class/spec that has ever made me actually LOL (6-rolls are better than sex)
    im pretty sure (day of patch) the top dps on archimonde, was a rogue who got 5-6 rolls 3 times in a row (all dps each time, the heal one some times aswell) and it was insane
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

demo warlock. Can at one point, summon 10 demons on peoples asses.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's subjective. Someone, somewhere will find everyone of the classes fun to play.

Personally, Unholy DK is who I will probably main in Legion. Loved playing on beta.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of what I've played so far;

Fury/Arms Warrior, Frost DK, SV Hunter, Fire Mage, Shadow Priest and Demo Warlock.

Outlaw Rogue mixes between fun to play and infuriating due to Roll the Bones, and given the current RNG of the spec would never Raid with it seriously.

Ret Paladin is just Anti Fun for me, I try to find excuses to AFK during my legendary HFC ring grind. It's boring, with its interesting abilities and interactions removed, limited with AoE or single target by talents, the one cooldown is a simple increase damage and its mobility is appalling.

Have to go on a rant every time I mention Ret Paladin atm. Feels worse than Cata. Current thoughts right now is that Paladin is just a badly designed class right now, but I haven't played at 110 yet, so will want to see that. But removing Holy Power from Prot and tank changes makes the spec less interesting, and Holy's mastery makes me question why it hasn't been changed.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Firemage has a rly fun gameplay.
    We lost decurse, cone of cold, alter time and our firenova thou.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun is subjective. Every class and spec in the game is someone's favorite. Yes, even Ret Pallies.

You have to find out what YOU enjoy in a class (fast or steady paced, movement, control, DPS, burst, ranged/melee, etc) and pick whichever best suits your taste.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I find Legion Fury Warrior to be significantly better than WoD Fury. I'm also enjoying Frost DK more now.

Deleted
    UH DK, more than ever which is funny because in wotlk I liked frost and blood more. I like festering wound and apocalypse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've found Demo and Outlaw fun to play.