Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    As with every movie, I will be going in with certain expectations. For Suicide Squad, I expect some action, humor, and just a little showing of that hot Margo ass. I'm not expecting a good story. I'm not expecting deep thoughts. I'm expecting entertainment.

I'm not a DC fan, and they certainly aren't helping with the shittastic movies they've been releasing one after the other. I don't understand how Marvel can get it so right, while DC can do everything wrong. But this movie looks entertaining enough, so I'm going to see it. Ratings be damned.
    At least i can confirm you do get some hot Margo's ass for sure. Sadly her flash scene is not topless in the movie lol. You can look at it online thought

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    No, instead they hype up the movie by turning it into a tumblrina/SJW argument piece, securing 5-star ratings from those groups while simultaneously making those groups declare all negative opinions as "sexist".
    DING DING DING!!!!

Its brilliant really. They built a shield against shit reviews months prior to release.

"You didnt like it?"

"SEXIST!!!"
    READ and be less Ignorant.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The most anticipated movie of the year ...has flopped. Suicide Squad lands at a horribly, embarassingly 34% on rotten tomatoes. Critics are calling it the most disasterous DC movie ever made.
    Source
    DCEU is all about adrenaline, not plot or really even characters. Fanboys will love it no matter what, and the executives know it. DCEU is not interested in making good movies...just popcorn flicks for quick cash grabs.

It's not like MSCU is super awesome, but at least they put in enough effort to make good movies as part of the show.

Deleted
    I get high expectations from the trailers.

Then I read the reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Droodid View Post
    IMDB are user ratings, not critic. Anyone can go and vote 10 stars and boost the rating simply because they read the comic and think it'll be amazing.
    Critics also panned The Shining and Fight Club...

Still I do agree this disheartening. I was hoping this would be the movie that made me care about DC again but I gotta say after seeing how dramatically they changed the marketing for the movie after deadpool was a hit I kind of suspected this to just all be hype.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Not even the legendary Bruce Timm is immune to bad critic reviews. Just look at The Killing Joke. It did fantastic in the Box office though.
    Haven't seen it, but if its a misstep its like one time out of how many?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    lmao now you are just edging it hard. I almost fell for it.
    Edging what? I don't hold grudges against a movie because of some hype/anti-hype/whatever. Im sure there are plenty of movies that I enjoy that everyone else hates. If I genuinely find FF 2015 enjoyable, aside from the botched "lore", that's on me. I'm not wrong.

this movie looked like shit. the joker looked like shit. will smith seems boring as usual tbh.

only good seeming thing in the movie was the dark witch thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Edging what? I don't hold grudges against a movie because of some hype/anti-hype/whatever. Im sure there are plenty of movies that I enjoy that everyone else hates. If I genuinely find FF 2015 enjoyable, aside from the botched "lore", that's on me. I'm not wrong.
    lmao, i know that you are trying to make a point. But its clear you didnt even watch it once. The problem in the movie has nothing to do with Lore what so ever. I can already bust you out with a single question. What was Von Doom reason for becoming a bad guy? You saw it 10 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Not even the legendary Bruce Timm is immune to bad critic reviews. Just look at The Killing Joke. It did fantastic in the Box office though.
    Explain to me how the Killing Joke did "fantastic in the box office" when it was released digitally a week ago and video today? It was never in theatres to gain a box office income.

On topic: The reviews of Suicide Squad are basically what I feared from the casting and previews: too much thrown together without reference. At least the animated movie went in with the idea that you already know the backstories, and expected you to keep up.

The chick that played Harley has no ass. Like, there's nothing there. 34% could have easily been 84% if not for a single casting decision...

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    Explain to me how the Killing Joke did "fantastic in the box office" when it was released digitally a week ago and video today? It was never in theatres to gain a box office income.

On topic: The reviews of Suicide Squad are basically what I feared from the casting and previews: too much thrown together without reference. At least the animated movie went in with the idea that you already know the backstories, and expected you to keep up.
    Nah its not SS problem. That part of the movie is fine. Whats not fine is the last 60 minutes of Expendables 3 spoof. So its obvious why the critics are harsh, you spend the last 60 minutes wishing the movie was fucking over already. Its pretty much the reaction i got, can it end plz, im tired?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cazmosis View Post
    The chick that played Harley has no ass. Like, there's nothing there. 34% could have easily been 84% if not for a single casting decision...

Looks fine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    It had a limited one day run in the theatres which they then extended to 2 days, per theatre it was the highest grossing film. It was available in some theatres here for 5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    lmao, i know that you are trying to make a point. But its clear you didnt even watch it once. The problem in the movie has nothing to do with Lore what so ever. I can already bust you out with a single question. What was Von Doom reason for becoming a bad guy? You saw it 10 times.
    Jealousy over Sue. That and he was pretty pissed about being stuck in on Planet X.

Wouldn't it only be a flop if its not successful in the box office?
    Critics don't matter shit to me unless they are actually huge comic fans.

I LOVED bmanxsman and had no idea it was so poorly received until months later. Everyone I went to see it with loved it.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

While critical aggregates are an exceptionally worthless way to measure the value of a film - most film critics are absolutely dreadful at writing about movies - I wouldn't be surprised if the reshoots on Suicide Squad apparently done to poorly ape the Marvel house style turned it into a bit of a mess. It's a shame that Marvel's grassroots marketing push about "humor" and "colorful designs" and all that is going to fuck up DC's films as well as their own. You can see the same thing getting ready to happen in Justice League.

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    Critics however are the ones which said Ghostbusters is a good film.

Do you trust them?
    If you read my further quotes, you'd see no...i think they're both currently a load of shit.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Deleted
    Can you please start closing these critics threads ... critics are like ISIS telling the world what's right and what's wrong with abstract media. It's the highest possible form of idiotism and stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    Jealousy over Sue. That and he was pretty pissed about being stuck in on Planet X.
    You forget the part that this is what you can try to deduce. Not what actually happens. The only time Von Doom ever hinted at jealous is in the first 20 minutes of the movie. Then any relationship of any kind between any of the cast is not mentioned once for the entire movie until Von Doom is dead, then they are a couple now. You dont know when it happened or why, it just is. Same for being pissed about being stuck. Its never mentioned or hinted at. Infact the entire movie is literally trying to go back there to save him. My guess is you googled what the answers could be lol. Theres no reason hes bad, hes just bad because his name was Von Doom and Von Doom is bad in fantastic 4. They just straight up murdered him after they found him, because he was bad now. The end.

The movie has problem literally opposite of what you are claiming. Problem is not that it didnt sitkc with some lore or what ever. It makes even less sense if its not a fantastic 4 movie. If the villain was not named Von Doom, you have 0 reason for why hes evil and needs to die now. Because he does nothing the entire movie, except be stuck on this dimension and having a bad guy name. Thats it. If hes not named like a villain, hes just a random guy stuck, they are trying to free.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2016-08-03 at 01:26 AM.

Guess I'll be seeing Star Trek Beyond.