Deleted

Demon Hunter Class Specific Flying Mount

I've done quite a research on this, but I havent been able to find a confirmed information about whether the demon hunters will get a class specific flying mount like death knights or not.

Aren't they supposed to have a special flying mount since they are a hero class like death knights? If they are not getting a class specific flying mount, what's the reason behind it? If they are the 2nd hero class of the game, they should be treated the same way as DKs do.

Is there anyone here that played the beta and can confirm whether demon hunters will get a class specific flying mount or not?

They won't. Their class mount is the Felsaber which is ground only. They are excellent gliders with their wings though.

7+ Year Old Account
    no, the only class out of the four current classes with class specific mounts (paladin, warlock, dk, and demon hunter) to get a flying mount that is class specific, is death knights

and dk's only got that cause it was a cool mount, and wouldent make sense on anything other then a dk, and they most likley allready had it and whent "eh fuck it give it to them"

there will be rideable felbats, so demon hunters can use that as a "class flying mount" but it doesent matter really
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

we get horns and wings and unique access to warglaives. i'd be happy with no class mount at all, but as said, we already have the felsabre thing.

Not to argue the 'its not fair' point, but it seems that every other class with a class mount can be used both for flight or ground travel.

In the case of DK, this is complemented by an additional mount that allows for flight capabilities. I would think it is reasonable to want either the Felsaber mount to gain the ability to fly in a future patch or receive a second flight-capable mount, perhaps through an Order Hall exclusive quest of some sort. Otherwise, it kind of limits/destroys the fantasy of a class mount to begin with? At least that's how I perceive the issue.

I'd personally prefer the Felsaber gaining the ability to fly similar to Paladins' Chargers. I don't like swapping between two mounts (a la DK) or having my class mount become 'obsolete' on a gameplay technicality.

its your mom
    I dont play in a hardcore no-lifer guild, but in a 2 days a week "hardcore" mythic guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhytlocke View Post
    Not to argue the 'its not fair' point, but it seems that every other class with a class mount can be used both for flight or ground travel.

In the case of DK, this is complemented by an additional mount that allows for flight capabilities. I would think it is reasonable to want either the Felsaber mount to gain the ability to fly in a future patch or receive a second flight-capable mount, perhaps through an Order Hall exclusive quest of some sort. Otherwise, it kind of limits/destroys the fantasy of a class mount to begin with? At least that's how I perceive the issue.

I'd personally prefer the Felsaber gaining the ability to fly similar to Paladins' Chargers. I don't like swapping between two mounts (a la DK) or having my class mount become 'obsolete' on a gameplay technicality.
    Can't fly in legion, there you go, ground mounts aren't obsolete.

Also Warlocks mounts can't fly, and when could Paladins class mounts fly? That's news to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhytlocke View Post

Neither the Warlock nor the Paladin mounts can fly the only class mount that can fly is the Winged Steed f the Ebon Blade

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's possible that Blizzard will release the bat as the DH flying mount whenever they allow flying in Legion. Honestly, it just makes the most sense.

get a felbat.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    Can't fly in legion, there you go, ground mounts aren't obsolete.

Also Warlocks mounts can't fly, and when could Paladins class mounts fly? That's news to me.
    Wow total brain-fart on my end, I don't know why I had thought they could, my bad.

In that case, I think I'm kinda fine with not getting a flying mount, since its the status quo. You can easily chalk up the DK flight mount to being a special quirk to them specifically.

They really should have just let DHs sprout wings and fly for their flying "mount", would've been cooler and makes sense. But then again, when has Blizz ever done something that made sense in a long long while...

10+ Year Old Account
    With all the guys saying "Get a felbat" you're actually partly onto something I theorize.

Whilst in development, I believe they were going to make them the official DH flying mount, but preferred to give them to all classes. We all wanted a bat mount, but the only one ended up in the cash shop. So we get the bat mount (But a fel one)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nekobe140 View Post
    With all the guys saying "Get a felbat" you're actually partly onto something I theorize.

Whilst in development, I believe they were going to make them the official DH flying mount, but preferred to give them to all classes. We all wanted a bat mount, but the only one ended up in the cash shop. So we get the bat mount (But a fel one)
    I thought that there's currently no known way to get a felbat for anyone. Where did you see that Blizzard is going to let all players get a felbat?

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    They really should have just let DHs sprout wings and fly for their flying "mount", would've been cooler and makes sense. But then again, when has Blizz ever done something that made sense in a long long while...
    They outright dismissed it because no Demon Hunter EVER has flown with their wings.

Illidan just hovered a bit, really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    its your mom
    I feel ashamed of how much I giggled about this.

Deleted
    What mount speed do you have when you begin ? 150, 280 or 310% ?

be nice if they got a felbat.

but no, just the felsaber.

Deleted
    There will likely be a quest for a flying mount when the patch that gives everyone their flying mount is released later in Legion.

What that flying mount will be, I've no idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    It does make sense that DH can't fly, Illidan is the strongest DH that has ever existed and he has basically never used his wings to fly. He has used them to jump higher, briefly hover, but actually fly from one location to another? No he hasn't, however in the novel Illidan it was stated that they at least felt like they were able to run as fast as a nightsaber mount.

If anything them running at mount speed would make more sense than them flying, especially since Illidan is permanent demon form and he doesn't fly unlike the DH we will be playing who aren't permanent demon form.