Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Courtney was wanted for assault; Gaines was wanted for failing to appear in court on charges of disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, and traffic charges.
    I could understand her being afraid to have her kid taken away if she went to court, but pointing a shotgun at the cops... ? did she think the cops would just go "oh no, she's scary, let's leave her alone, she won this"?

Poor kid, got to watch his mother get killed first row. Here's hoping he can still live a fruitful happy life at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zormis View Post
    Crazy people are already coming out defending this woman.

How can any person point a gun at police and expect not to be fired on?

The video she posted with her son is disgusting.
    I saw this too. This is the shit I am talking about.

This fucker is obviously fucked, and all people are saying is "9'th black woman killed by cops this year. This is we why we need black female only safe spaces."

This is why I will never support BLM type shit. It's like they pick the worst possible martyr to get behind. They only hurt the cause and make black people look like ignorant animals who support criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Lots of people have been telling us they have the "truth" lately. What is your version?
    Mine is that I'm 93.2% certain that the shotgun was held sideways.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    What's this supposed, "objective" truth?
    http://imgur.com/a/4No8t

These are obviously objective.

Well, she got what she wanted.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel sorry for the kid. Already brainwashed into thinking cops come to kill black people and then his mother points a gun and threatens the cops to the point where they have to shoot her in front of him. If this boy grows up not hating cops it will be a miracle.

I have already seen some people on other sites defender her and ridicule the cops because "it was only a few traffic violations." Well if they were so minor then why the hell did she point a gun at officers and threaten to kill them when they came to take here to court?

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    http://imgur.com/a/4No8t

These are obviously objective.
    You didn't see my other post, did you?

Also, I'm on a mobile device, I couldn't read any of that.

Nevermind, I turned my phone sideways, yeah, people just want to pretend anyone who's black who is killed by police is a victim.
    Last edited by Techno-Druid; 2016-08-02 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Because in the US they'll still lock you up in jail for a few months / years for such things.
    Yeah, so pointing a shotgun and threatening police couldn't POSSIBLY end in something worse than ^

Because in the US they'll still lock you up in jail for a few months / years for such things.
    of course the sentence is so light, after all, its okay to have weapons over there...

the fact that some antiquated law that applied when there there was 1 rich person and 10000 slaves every other thousand miles is just bad...

with every other smart murican carrying guns per street, well... the rest is in the news..

10+ Year Old Account
    Traffic violations are just a fine.

There was also her disorderly conduct and resisting arrest which I think they do seen you to jail for. Especially if you don't show up for court for them......

Still not a reason to hold your child hostage and threaten an officer's life for.

One dipshit down. Millions more to go.

Sometimes you need to fight and die for what you believe in.
    And it looks like she died to...

Prove how much of an idiot and a waste of space she was.

10+ Year Old Account
    This would be a case of "self fulfilling prophecy" then.

"Cops are coming to kill us. I'd better get my gun!!"

omg... hahaha a cardboard license plate?? She thought the police were there to kill her? She refused to show her ID for a traffic stop? She held her son hostage? She didn't show up at court? Wow.. this is what the liberal media and BLM has created.

Deleted
    Okay point a gun to the police and die like a hero

Deleted
    So there was a five hour stand off and then the police shot her while she was contained in her own house with a child nearby? Sure she was an idiot, but it doesn't sound like a justified shooting from the information given.

If she had been shot as soon as she leveled a gun at the cops, then I can see a case could be made for justifiable shooting (i.e. they reasonably thought their lives were in danger) but given the protracted stand-off, it sounds like the police opening fire on her was more of a considered choice to end the stand off.

I'm not seeing an imminent threat to life or fear of escape. You would have thought the police could wait it out, until she cooled down and more attempts had been made to negotiate with her. She doesn't sound exactly like Public Enemy number 1: I doubt she to threatened shoot her son and she wasn't going anywhere.

Shooting her while the child was close enough to be injured in the exchange of fire out also sounds tactically reckless.

I think a more patient approach like was done with the anti-federal government people who invaded some government facility over a land dispute might have been preferable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post
    So there was a five hour stand off and then the police shot her while she was contained in her own house with a child nearby? Sure she was an idiot, but it doesn't sound like a justified shooting from the information given.

If she had been shot as soon as she leveled a gun at the cops, then I can see a case could be made for justifiable shooting (i.e. they reasonably thought their lives were in danger) but given the protracted stand-off, it sounds like the police opening fire on her was more of a considered choice to end the stand off.

I'm not seeing an imminent threat to life or fear of escape. You would have thought the police could wait it out, until she cooled down and more attempts had been made to negotiate with her. She doesn't sound exactly like Public Enemy number 1: I doubt she to threatened shoot her son and she wasn't going anywhere.

Shooting her while the child was close enough to be injured in the exchange of fire out also sounds tactically reckless.

I think a more patient approach like was done with the anti-federal government people who invaded some government facility over a land dispute might have been preferable.
    She was holding a child hostage with a gun and not cooperating. Eventually police make a decision to take her out. This is no different from other situations dealing with criminals that barricade themselves inside of homes with weapons and sometimes hostages. The timing in which to take action varies of course from department to department.

Quote Originally Posted by econ21 View Post

From what it sounded like, she fired first at the police or whatever. Regardless, since she already used the child as a shield there is no saying the woman would kill the child in some sort of "he can't live without his momma" bs.

So i was thinking, okay she held her son hostage had a shotgun and exchanged fire with the police , where is the controversy? Then it dawned on me she was black.

I guess next time they should know to let her fire the shotgun into her sons head a few times and walk out the door freely while giving a parade and 100,000$ to start a new life

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody here is really discussing this. The thread is just being used to say "See? They're ALL bad, BLM SUCKS".

Race threads aren't allowed here, and since nobody seems to be interested in the actual subject, but just the latest scapegoat in a long line of scapegoats with which to reaffirm their prejudices, I'm locking this here.

Edit: And just for clarity, that goes for both sides; those who are anti-cop, and those who are being racist. We don't need to repeat the same arguments every time another person gets killed, hoping to end-run around the no-race-threads rule.
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-08-03 at 01:18 AM.