Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I enjoyed MoP overall, but since you asked for things wrong with it...

In terms of dungeons it was easily WoW's lowest point. Never have we had so few dungeons and never have they been so faceroll.
    There was also a significant content drought though not as big of one as in Cata and WoD. I also felt that arena was a bit average (Stampede anyone?)

It also introduced the ridiculous Warforged crap.

Only wrong thing about MoP was the frog genocide on Timeless Island during 5.4.

Bad mechanics that lead to millions of innocent frogs getting slaughtered for stupid luck charms.

The theme of the expansion. Zones are beautiful but China just doesn't suit WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrenna View Post
    Only wrong thing about MoP was the frog genocide on Timeless Island during 5.4.

Bad mechanics that lead to millions of innocent frogs getting slaughtered for stupid luck charms.
    Those dark days seem to have returned! The group finder seems to always have several groups on the go these days.

MoP lasted far too long. The dungeons were pretty awful. Daily quests locked behind more daily quest was rippin the piss. I found it to be a pretty poor expansion. It was less shit that WoD is the highest praise i can give it.

Deleted
    Was just the "hurp durp pandas lulz kung fu panda ololo" bandwagon that haters and professional trolls jumped on.

When you get past the aesthetic and the "lelele pandaz" and get down to the shit that actually matters - the gameplay - Pandaria was perfectly fine, the leveling experience was an improvement (and WoD's leveling was an improvement on that - fite me), the experimentation with scenarios was interesting even if it ultimately failed, the introduction of things that encouraged exploration such as treasures and their evolution into WoD/Legion was good too.

The dungeons and raids (SoO aside) were, imo, a little forgettable, but functionally they were decent as well.

My only beef with MOP was the SoO 13-14 month drought. The rest was pretty good.

1. Gated dailies that you had to do every day to not stay behind. It was too repetitive and most daily quests (especially the dailies of 5.0.5) were boring af.

2. Very few dungeons, it was as bad as WOD in terms of dungeons if not worse.

3. I think the focus on scenarios kinda sucked; but the scenarios themselves were ok overall.

4. PVP SUCKED up until SOO came out. It was more fun than WOD though.

5. The game was less polished than WOD, WOD was a worse expansion but it still made the game better with some small but necessary adjustments like the mythic raid size, new character models and some other things.

Overall I liked MoP though, its positives far outweighed its negatives.
    Last edited by Rorschachs; 2016-08-06 at 03:49 PM.

my big gripe with mop was all the rogue nerfs and new crap talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    Surprisingly nowadays people don't have much to say on Mists other than it was a "decent" expact, at least a thousand times better than WoD. Stupid shit like complaints of playable pandas aside, what do you think was honestly not so done well with it? PvE content, misc design, Blizzard's decisions, etc.

Then again, the fondess for MoP now may be a result of the vicious cycle of consumer opinion. After Legion we'll probably look back at WoD fondly.
    I've been pretty vocal that MoP is one of my favorite expansions, they did a great job on it, and I enjoyed playing it across 7 alts that I leveled and ran through LFR and Regular raids.

The one thing that could have been different was the pacing of the patches - had they known SoO would have lasted so long, they could have let the previous raids go on a bit longer, and spaced things out more equally. ToT felt like it ended too soon, really.

Any other criticisms of MoP I have are personal, player's fault, or were fixed, like the gated reps.

I look back fondly on MoP now, I don't need to wait until Legion is done. WOD made me miss MoP terribly all on it's own. I went from playing regularly, 4-5 nights a week, to finishing the leveling content in WOD in less than a week, saying "That's it?", looking at the end game that existed, and canceled my sub. I haven't been back since, except when I tried out the PTR. WoW isn't even on my computer.

The fact that Blizzard made a bunch of awesome eastern weapon models but none of them are moggable or obtainable (except the common quality ones from the Pandaren starting zone). Seriously, I can't get my head past this.

I raided only during SoO and it was the most fun with competition that I've ever had (when it comes to dps rankings)

MSV, ToES, ToT, SoO were awsome raids, I enjoyed rly much my time at MoP, I did not geel burned out on DQ:s at any point, but I guess some ppl did and I totaly understand it.

Btw I did leave HoF out in purpouse, for some odd reason it was a raid I did not like

I think my criticisms of MoP were:

Removal of the daily limit and then gating everything behind dailies. Want to spend your valor? You need rep from dailies. Want to farm a specific rep for a specific recipe? Sorry that rep is gated behind another rep you have to exalt first through, you guessed it, MOAR DAILIES! Now don't get me wrong. I LIKE having daily quests as an option. I LIKE being able to get rep from dailies. But there is such a thing as too much of a good thing. Tying the spending of valor behind reps was asinine.

Removal of the old "farm rep in dungeons via tabard". It gave incentive to run dungeons even if you didnt need gear which leads me to...

The marginalization and attempted removal of dungeons as endgame content. MoP was when we saw dungeons give us little reason to run them at max level and no new dungeons added with content patches. The idea was that LFR was to be the "dungeon" endgame content they could funnel everyone into and they doubled down with that thinking in WoD which really bit them in the ass till Mythics were added. Legion seems to be addressing that from the get go.

The talent revamp. I know many people like the new system and there are some aspects of it I do appreciate, but ultimately I preferred the old way when we could have hybrid specs. Sure that system had its flaws but I think it could have been revamped in a better way while still retaining the longer trees. I feel a lot of talent stuff got shuffled into glyphs with inscription then, and now those glyph are basically gone too.

I will tell you why I did not like MoP, because it was so much into the "zen" and the chinese philosophy and it was obvious that blizzard was and is flirting with the chinese customers and fogetting there is the rest of the world, it left many many many questions unaswered until WoD in which in my eyes it returned to the WARCRAFT game, not some tochy feely good zen chinese philosophy. It was a nice side track, and it was well made, but I HOPE legion will not be just another CC of BC, because I get the sense we are going into circles. and going nowhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hated MoP at the time and I still hate it now. Ruined dungeons, never added flying beyond max level, shitloads of daily quests that were essentially mandatory for tedious rep grinding. I ended up quitting knowing that I could wait out all that crappy crap and get free epics later.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    They do have a place in the game. Pandaren have been around since Warcraft 3.
    Incorrect.

The only thing wrong with it is it didn't last another 2 years, supported with content patches. Instead, we got WoD.

I pretty much liked everything about it. LFR was just the right level of difficulty, save for a few encounters (It's just a touch below WoD's normal raids in difficulty, IMO, which is where it fucking should be.) and the rewards were mostly fine. (They went way too far in changing both of those things.)

I liked the dailies. The dailies were great. The real problem was locking valor items behind rep. That was dumb as hell.

There was a TON of raid/boss encounters, that was cool. It was chock full of lore, practically oozing with lore. That was also great.

They also seemed to pump content out constantly, save for the end of expansion lull.

Everything it did fine, pretty much, was fucked up in WoD. At least it SEEMS like Legion is trying to be a middle of the road solution with lots of non-raid content.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    I pretty much liked everything about it. LFR was just the right level of difficulty, save for a few encounters (It's just a touch below WoD's normal raids in difficulty, IMO, which is where it fucking should be.) and the rewards were mostly fine. (They went way too far in changing both of those things.)

I liked the dailies. The dailies were great. The real problem was locking valor items behind rep. That was dumb as hell.

There was a TON of raid/boss encounters, that was cool. It was chock full of lore, practically oozing with lore. That was also great.

They also seemed to pump content out constantly, save for the end of expansion lull.

Everything it did fine, pretty much, was fucked up in WoD. At least it SEEMS like Legion is trying to be a middle of the road solution with lots of non-raid content.
    This. Also it was masterfully crafted. Last truly Blizzard polished WoW xpac we've seen if you ask me. I still love the music, landscape, attention to detail. Someone said MoP was brimming with dev love. Alot of things that were maybe bugged were taken care of swiftly.

WoD on the other hand... just look at disc priests in WoD. They left this specc as a 1 button class (PW:Shield) for the whole time and didn't bother to fix it for two years in order to improve our gameplay experience.

I loved MoP, I still miss it...

The wrong part of MoP was, it didn't have the Warcraft theme. Even if it had dirt covered brown orcs, War3 Pandaren etc. It felt like a spin-off. A filler episode.
    Last edited by Felpacino; 2016-08-09 at 08:58 PM.