Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    My raid leader switched to Blood Death Knight for Legion (was Restoration Shaman, but has every class at level 100), and he says that during encounters he does not feel a gap in mobility (except when compared to Havoc Demon Hunters and Warriors) but he does feel it when not in a boss encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Honestly I could give a shit less about mobility if our damage was top tier for both specs. Seeing these classes with mobility up the wazoo on top of being top damage is really my gripe. They say classes should have strengths and weaknesses...we all know our weakness is mobility...so what exactly is oir strength?
    our nerf bat is strong. thats our strength

Reducing WW cd down to 30 sec cd base, increasing duration to 5 seconds, and changing White Walker to remove the snare and increase speed to 100% just like unholy would make the skill better.

Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post
    some people seems to not have ever played an rpg

classes have strenght and weaknesses. You choose classes knowing this which allows for balanced groups to covers each others weakness and brings in each strenght to defeat an encounter.

Currently blizzard has come back, removed mobility for DKs and stated it is the class weakness bla bla. So ok this is the class weakness, what reason beside class fantasy do we play this class:

is it more durable?
    do it heal more than other melee
    does it have unique utility
    does it bring more dps

These are valid questions because other melee do as well if not better dps than DKs while having superior mobility. And here lies the problem and the point people are making in this thread and obvious trolls or blind people refuse to understand.

nb: I honestly believe that blizzard will almost certainly nerf DKs more so as we end up yet again in the middle of the pack and keep our mobility as is. I have had way too many experiences with knee jerks nerf reactions to not expect one yet again. clawing shadow was a reminder.
    This is pretty spot on pretty much. And Ill add to it.

In an RPG your class should feel like its the best at something and the worst at something else simultaneously. This should be true when being compared to another class of the same type. IE: Melee.

Comparing DK dps specs to other melee DPS specs reveals a lot about how hard Blizzard has failed at balance in that regard. And for the sake of this argument, keep in mind I'm talking strictly PvE here.

DK's by FAR are the worst at mobility. Okay fine. We know what we are the weakest at. Good.

Are Frost and UH the most durable melee? No.

Are Frost and UH the best self healers? No.

Do Frost and UH have unique utility that no other melee dps class in the raid can bring? No. (You cant say Death Grip because most mobs are immune and it taunts.. it may have a niche use on a boss or two in the entire xpac. Also all the other DK dungeon and raid utility spells have been removed from the dps specs.. IE: Gorfiends, Remoresless Winter Stun, Unholy Ground, AMZ etc...)

Are Frost and UH the best melee DPS on a stationary target? No.

Are Frost and UH the best melee on a target where varying levels of movement are required? No.

So right now Frost and Unholy clearly have a huge weakness, but no place where they really shine compared to other melee dps specs.

Fury Warriors, WW monks, Havoc DH's, Feral Druids, SV Hunters and Outlaw/Ass Rogues all do more DPS than Unholy and have vastly better mobility and utility.

All the previous mentioned melee dps classes as well as Sub Rogues, Enh Shams, Ret Paladins all do more dps and have better mobility and utility than Frost DKs with the only Melee DPS lagging behind both DK specs right now being Arms Warriors (who have much better mobility and utility).. and that is literally by like 1.01%.

Its quite frankly fucked up and goes against all the BS blizz has been spewing at us regarding their reasoning behind DK's shit mobility. Somethings gotta give.
    Last edited by Grishnok; 2016-08-22 at 07:07 AM.

yup, honestly i was fine with wraith walk and low mobility until they removed unholy's deaths advance passive. that 15% ms bonus actually hits unholy pretty hard pve and pvp wise. ofc dks arent supposed to be mobile, but taking away the iconic passive 15% ms that unholy has had since its birth was the absolutely wrong move. okay so we have the lowest mobility but there is really no trade off to help balance out the fact that we are super slow. our ranged attack got nerfed to the point where taking the talent will lead to a dps loss, we have no utility because of the removal of grasp and horn of winter and after more nerfs our dps will be back down to the middle of the pack with frost still being in the lower tier of dps. it seems like us dks wont be good at anything pretty soon. whats the point of playing the spec? fantasy? i dont get blizzards logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    I'm not going to sit here in the Death Knight forums and try to convince you people why you should play one. Go play a Demon Hunter and leave the real DK's to bask in the glory of how awesome we are, because apparently it's a secret.
    I am sticking with this opinion

Never understood why Dk's thought they deserved mobility when they already had like 5x different ways of getting out of things...you can't have everything.

I haven't even looked at Legion but if dk's still have more than 1 trinket and can still get out of fears/stuns then the game is stupid.
    Desecrated ground or w/e the spell that made you immune to all CC when standing in it - is possibly the stupidest ability EVER put into this game. Literally promotes tunneling healers.

Also i know WoD has made melee feel like that they are deserving of 100% uptime. The reason WoD failed and a lot of people quit is because melee cleaves ran rampant. Melee should never ever have 100% uptime the same way that a caster shouldn't have the bulk of their damage from instants.

Kiting should be a thing.
    Just because you can't PvE on your target for 5 seconds whilst you sit a root doesn't mean you need more mobility. It actually means the root is working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Jensxo View Post
    Never understood why Dk's thought they deserved mobility when they already had like 5x different ways of getting out of things...you can't have everything.

I haven't even looked at Legion but if dk's still have more than 1 trinket and can still get out of fears/stuns then the game is stupid.
    Desecrated ground or w/e the spell that made you immune to all CC when standing in it - is possibly the stupidest ability EVER put into this game. Literally promotes tunneling healers.

Also i know WoD has made melee feel like that they are deserving of 100% uptime. The reason WoD failed and a lot of people quit is because melee cleaves ran rampant. Melee should never ever have 100% uptime the same way that a caster shouldn't have the bulk of their damage from instants.

Just because you can't PvE on your target for 5 seconds whilst you sit a root doesn't mean you need more mobility. It actually means the root is working as intended.
    Lichborne - fearbreak gone
    Desecrated Ground - "second trinket" gone

and since less than 10% of the WoW population actively engages in competitive PvP and an even smaller percentage of that engage in Arena i highly doubt "melee cleaves" are what drove down subs.

was it not MMO-Champ who posted a year ago less that 8% of active subs have the "step into the arena" achievement.

and Honestly for Unholy PvP

Wraith Walk - 45 sec CD Snare & Root break
    Abom - Second Grip
    Chains of Ice - 70% snare (paired with only have death runes)

its actually much easier to stay on target now, especially since every class took a mobility hit while my DK in terms of PvP gained more anti mobility tools.

For PvP the actual issue is that you dont want to be in Melee with anyone as a DK, more so than any caster has a chance to actually get away from me (which honestly does not feel remotely possible right now).

It didn't matter how many outs I had when Frozen ammunition existed xd

Quote Originally Posted by Jensxo View Post

DK was the easiest class to kite...you sound like someone who's mad cause you got owned by a DK cause your team must've been terrible...When in any competitive PvP I was in off of my DK, the first dps target was ALWAYS the DK because they don't have the mobility to get away or the defensives to stay up long. Even with a pocket healer.

They should just make Wraith Walk work like the olds Death's Advance. Reverse the glyph (walk with it off/float with it on), keep the animation and make it break roots when it used. That way the "immobile but high damage derp" class fantasy thing can stay while we are resilient against being slowed.

Also, give frost strang back please; they're just damage bots atm.

People forget this is an mmorpg subject to different balance standards than an rpg.

We gained nothing for everything we los full stop.