Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    @khakhan - The soul reaper situation is a bit tricky, ideally you would dump RP in preparation for Soul Reaper so you know can reliably triple scourge without capping RP but the breakpoint for this would vary based on whether you have increased RP cap from the artifact or not and you would also need to hook Soul Reaper up to your RP levels and the RP cooldown so it could anticipate Reaper coming off CD and your current RP to determine if you need a dump.

Basically its a bit too complicated and prob not worth the effort, just playing the spec it comes naturally to plan ahead and manage your RP appropriately it was just making me do a double take whenever I know I was ready for Reaper but the WA wasn't highlighting it as expected so I'm second guessing myself as to whether I've set myself up correctly for it or have I not accounted for some resource correctly

Lastly I like reaper7's suggestion to have VA either wiggle/light up at ~3sec with ebon fever talent or ~6 without ebon fever to take advantage of the pandemic effect on dots and avoid letting it drop by mistake.

maybe we need to make another individual WA that somehow alert us on the 3 sec timer of the VP ending.Ive done it my self but it would be better if khakan knows a way just to shake and lit up so we dont mess up the nice UI he made!

Update: Aug 13th Improved what buttons glowed and when, tried some custom code for it. Added a reminder to refresh Virulent Plague at 3sec. Changed the runic power bar so that it changes color based on how much runic power you have. Dark blue below 35 power, bright blue when > 80% power and yellow at max.

What do you guys think about the changes? Thanks for the suggestion @reaper7. @Khrux it's just such a mess setting that up, i might still do it another time. Figured out how to calculate max runic power, no matter if you have the artifact talents. Right now, Soul Reaper's conditions for lighting up are:
    Do you have 3 runes available?
    Are there 3 stacks of Festering Wound on the target?
    If yes then Glow!

If you can think of some situations where it should be glowing and isn't, let me know. One thing I am not sure how to account for is that 3 runes isn't always enough. You need one rune to refresh within the 5 seconds Soul Reaper is on the target (need 4 total runes). You almost always will refresh that rune within 5 seconds, but sometimes not.

Will update and try it out tonight.

I haven't noticed any issues with a lack of runes during Reaper, sure you need to use one of the 3 available runes to use Reaper and then follow up with 3 more but with 3 runes being available in the first place you would have the other 3 regenerating already.(DKs can only regen 3 runes at any one time) So unless you are very undergeared or haven't prioritised haste(our #1 stat) then you should definitely have a 4th rune ready to get your 3rd Reaper stack.

Deleted
    Hi,

I have not played for a while and have never used weakauras so forgive my noobish question, but how do I install this awsome compilation?

Thanks for you help in advance!

@Khrux, ya my dk every once in awhile has the issue but he has almost 0 haste. All the gear was for my blood spec pre-7.0. almost all mastery. I suppose that, depending on haste, and how your runes are cooling down then you should actually use Soul Reaper before you get 3 runes available. But, that would make things awfully complicated, for not too much gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Idun View Post
    Hi,
    I have not played for a while and have never used weakauras so forgive my noobish question, but how do I install this awsome compilation?
    Thanks for you help in advance!
    How to import Weak Aura's:
    • Open Weak Auras. (/wa)
    • Click "New".
    • Click "Import", you will get a black box.
    • Tab out of WoW.
    • Open up https://wago.io/VJcPvm8_W.
    • Click on Unholy or Blood, whichever you're looking to install
    • Click the "Export" button (Red box, right side)
    • Tab back into WoW.
    • Paste that huge string of gibberish into the black box labeled "Weak Auras Options" (From clicking Import earlier)
      ** This may lag you **
    • A dark blue box will come up, likely near the bottom of your screen, click the red "Import" button
    • Click "Done" on the black Import box
    • Repeat the process to import DK Runes from wago collection link
    • Close Weak Auras
    • Enjoy!
    Last edited by khakhan; 2016-08-14 at 03:38 PM.

thank you very much for the time and effort to change this man! Much appreciated! One final touch if possible? Can u do tha bouncing VP icon also glow as it does on the end of the VP? So the result is the icon bounces and glows at the same time om 3 secs and keeps on glowing as it reaches 0 (as it is now)!? if you dont wanna change the whole group for other ppl maybe you could post it to me here so i ll mess with my own and dont have ppl to change it on theirs aswell,if they dont like it i mean... Looking forward for your reply! Thank you again!

@reaper7 Sure, might as well. updated it on wago. If you'd rather it not glow, can skip this update or change "Virulent Plague Low Ebon" under actions, remove the glow checkmark.

Thanks for the updates, works like a dream.

Yeap its superb! Any idea if i can enlarge them as a group cause one by one is very hard and not perfect...:/

Quote Originally Posted by reaper7 View Post
    Yeap its superb! Any idea if i can enlarge them as a group cause one by one is very hard and not perfect...:/
    No, sadly not. Maybe one day in Weak Auras. You have to re position them all too once you make them bigger, and then you can't use any of my updates. Speaking of which, I am getting content with the auras, maybe I will just do the one update about 1 week from legion where I turn on the Artifact auras. Thanks for the support guys!

Quote Originally Posted by khakhan View Post
    No, sadly not. Maybe one day in Weak Auras. You have to re position them all too once you make them bigger, and then you can't use any of my updates. Speaking of which, I am getting content with the auras, maybe I will just do the one update about 1 week from legion where I turn on the Artifact auras. Thanks for the support guys!
    My Death & Decay Buff Missing isnt glowing as before the update:/ Did you changed that also or is it something i miss? Its just flashing.

Definitely going to use your UH WA

@reaper7 I renamed the aura and forgot to change the glow, that's why it's dangerous to rename these things. I did another update.
    @Khrux I decided to try to include runic power in the glow conditions for soul reaper, man, took me awhile. Think I got it, but just realized a bunch of them could be messed up without soul reaper talented. the madness continues. edit: nvm seems to work fine.
    Last edited by khakhan; 2016-08-18 at 02:30 AM.

Eventually all will go for Soul Reaper Talent, trust me i know... Its way better for raiding and actually normal 5 minutes fights +-.Ok i ll get the new update and start all over to change some colours and stuff i prefer! thank you again and after that i have another question if i dont manage to fix something that i have in mind!

- - - Updated - - -

@reaper7 I renamed the aura and forgot to change the glow, that's why it's dangerous to rename these things. I did another update.
    @Khrux I decided to try to include runic power in the glow conditions for soul reaper, man, took me awhile. Think I got it, but just realized a bunch of them could be messed up without soul reaper talented. the madness continues. edit: nvm seems to work fine.
    Eventually all will go for Soul Reaper Talent, trust me i know... Its way better for raiding and actually normal 5 minutes fights +-.Ok i ll get the new update and start all over to change some colours and stuff i prefer! thank you again and after that i have another question if i dont manage to fix something that i have in mind!

Thanks for the work your putting into this Khakhan, I'll update this evening and give it a whirl.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok it works perfect! My last question is this: How can we change the colours on the runic power? i want to make it go red above 85 until 99!
    Maybe it cant be done i suppose...

Ok it works perfect! My last question is this: How can we change the colours on the runic power? i want to make it go red above 85 until 99!
    Maybe it cant be done i suppose...
    ok, for this one you'll have to do it, you can change colors to whatever you like using this method.
    open up the "Runic Power Unholy", under "Animations" open the custom function
    find the line
    Code:
        elseif percent_energy >= .8 and percent_energy < 1  then
            red, green, blue = .3,6,1
    now change it to
    Code:
            red, green, blue = 1,0,0
    that will make it bright red, can change it to whatever color

side note: hah, found a typo, 6 should be 1 in my code, o well, works the same

ok, for this one you'll have to do it, you can change colors to whatever you like using this method.
    open up the "Runic Power Unholy", under "Animations" open the custom function
    find the line
    Code:
            red, green, blue = .3,6,1
    now change it to
    Code:
            red, green, blue = 1,0,0
    that will make it bright red, can change it to whatever color

side note: hah, found a typo, 6 should be 1 in my code, o well, works the same
    So if i understand correctly, numbers matses colour variations and mixes...? So experimenting with numbers gives more colours! If im correct, how can i make the WA to start as it is and become red at 85 and more runic power until 99 and still get it yellow (as it is now) on 100? Thats the story!

Deleted
    Hi, I imported your WA since it looks the best/simplest to use.

But I have a question, what is this black bar at the bottom? The only things hidden for me is rune tap and blood mirrior so it can't be them surely?
    I thought it might be blood shield amount but that seems to be on the icon.

When I go to move them I have a couple things that aren't showing up during combat, like the red bar at bottom and whatever the first icon on the left is next to Blood Strike

Last edited by mmoc233041c6ce; 2016-08-18 at 08:58 PM.