Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Try this macro:

/cast Concussive Shot
    /stopattack
    /stopattack

(yes, sometimes you need stopattack in there twice)

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Use Crush apples toy or w.e it's called. They should cause aggro. (or at least used to)

EDIT: Toy is called Fruit Basket. Still gets aggro and does no damage.
    Ya this is your best bet OP if you need to be BM. It is a bummer Exotic pets aren't available to all Hunters, they could make BM good in other ways.

Make a mouseover conc shot macro (Website is not letting me post macro instructions, seems to be mistaking it for an image or link). It's what I use to pull low-level instance mobs into smaller clusters so I only have to loot once (made it for snaring side mobs/players without having to switch targets). It aggros but does no damage, and you don't have to go find a toy. If you already have the aforementioned toy: that sounds easy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ya this is your best bet OP if you need to be BM. It is a bummer Exotic pets aren't available to all Hunters, they could make BM good in other ways.
    ... First no pets, then melee... Don't give them any more ideas. <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    Use Crush apples toy or w.e it's called. They should cause aggro. (or at least used to)

EDIT: Toy is called Fruit Basket. Still gets aggro and does no damage.
    Thank you! I have the toy. I tested it on mobs and it seems that it will work perfectly! It has no cast time, it does no damage, it does not cause the hunter to initiate auto-attacking and it indeed pulls aggro. Thank you! Let this be marked or written somewhere for future reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Thank you! I have the toy. I tested it on mobs and it seems that it will work perfectly! It has no cast time, it does no damage, it does not cause the hunter to initiate auto-attacking and it indeed pulls aggro. Thank you! Let this be marked or written somewhere for future reference.
    Awesome! Good luck getting the owl!

Also, as a note, Auto attacking with a 6 damage (yes, 6, not 6k) white crossbow, does indeed instakill any mob in Hyjal. I will update this thread when I get to see Ban'Thalos and will report on how it went and if the Fruit Basket is the new way to tame him for hunters of high level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Awesome! Good luck getting the owl!
    Thanks a bunch! I always wanted that pet but doing the quests felt like SUCH a chore! Now only thing left is to wait for it to come up. I've done this before

Won't I die to the owl though with no gear?
    I'm not sure, with the level difference it should be difficult for him to hit you. Only other recommendation I can give is maybe wear caster gear that has Stamina but no agility so you get the HP buffer but no stats to increase your damage.

... First no pets, then melee... Don't give them any more ideas. <.<
    Survival is the funnest spec now imo.

I only just tamed him a couple of weeks ago (I am lvl 100). I just got naked and shot him once (concussive shot) with the lowest weapon I could find and it didn't kill him.
    Last edited by Kavorka; 2016-08-05 at 01:16 AM.

Go Survival, they have Hatchet Toss and the freezing trap. You should be placing the freezing trap on the treetop where you are perched.
    Survival can't tame exotics.

- - - Updated - - -

Yay! Now you won't be attacking Ban'thalos; you'll be tossing him some fruit before making him your bff.

Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, as a note, Auto attacking with a 6 damage (yes, 6, not 6k) white crossbow, does indeed instakill any mob in Hyjal. I will update this thread when I get to see Ban'Thalos and will report on how it went and if the Fruit Basket is the new way to tame him for hunters of high level.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks a bunch! I always wanted that pet but doing the quests felt like SUCH a chore! Now only thing left is to wait for it to come up. I've done this before
    You might want to grab a goblin glider, or the slow fall potion from Shadowmoon Valley. Not absolutely necessary, but they sure make it easier.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    Survival can't tame exotics.

- - - Updated - - -

Yay! Now you won't be attacking Ban'thalos; you'll be tossing him some fruit before making him your bff.

Good luck!

- - - Updated - - -

You might want to grab a goblin glider, or the slow fall potion from Shadowmoon Valley. Not absolutely necessary, but they sure make it easier.
    I want to do it with as less stuff as possible, for me to then report on what is needed or not. Thank you for wishing me a bff <3

Fruit Basket is your best bet.

Other than that, Counter Shot or Concussive Shot with a /stopattack /stopattack addition in the back of it in a macro will also usually work. Fruit Basket tends to be safer though.

Ok, Ban'Thalos appeared and everything went perfect. I will update the OP.