Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Exactly why only me and not anyone else who is also discussing religion? Once again, don't answer Endus, because I already know the reasoning.
    Maybe because what you said is obviously false and only inciting toxic behavior?

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    That's crazy. I can't believe this happened. Who could have seen this coming? I don't think anyone could have known about something like So crazy.
    Im reeling from the shock. I think its because I just havent heard of anything like this happening before.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Sorry... what?
    We're talking SPECIFICALLY about this incident and about how, without proofs of links to political groups or anything that provides a political background necessary for a political motivation, this is NOT terrorism and, until that remains NOT proven, this is simply one of the many acts of vandalism happening in Paris.

You called this a "violent political/ideological attack". Have you the sources to back that claim up now or not?
    Terrorism is becoming like freedom, a meaningless words used mostly by idiots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Attacking city property with the goal of causing panic and disruption over a political death isn't terrorism? That's new.
    It's not. Terrorism, like freedom is becoming a meaningless word used mostly by idiots.
    What's the definition of terrorism? You seem to think it's not what's in the dictionary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    The numbers might be okay I guess.
    I don't think anyone bothers to check them out.
    But I do wonder if they would count Munich as a terrorist attack?

If I have to be honest the name of the website should have raised a few flags.
    Yeah they could have a better name

Sorry... what the fuck are you talking about now?
    I know damn well the definition of terrorism.
    Do you think THIS INCIDENT is motivated by a political ideology?
    It had a political motivation. The death of a man by the cops. Atleast, that's what everyone painting as the motivation while others go for Allahu Ackbar.

Maybe they did it for fun.

Deleted
    We cant discuss religion and a lot of incidents nowadays involve religion, ergo we cannot discuss incidents (here), sad but true.

Meanwhile apologists can have free reign because their world view consists of happy cotton candy feelings, if we keep ignoring the problems theyll go away!

Urf.. Atleast legion is coming out

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    The numbers might be okay I guess.
    I don't think anyone bothers to check them out.
    But I do wonder if they would count Munich as a terrorist attack?

If I have to be honest the name of the website should have raised a few flags.
    Why don't you travel outside your bubble and find out?
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Deleted
    Notice I didnt say it was good or useful. Just that they dont teach to kill infidels to 1+ BILLION people
    Your claim was it can't be a hateful (what I actually said was violent, but fine) book because it's popular.

That's bollocks, mate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    What's the definition of terrorism? You seem to think it's not what's in the dictionary.
    This is gun be good...

You are EXACTLY the reason why terrorism is becoming a useless word. Similarly to why all those idiots talking about going to war for "freedom" made that word also useless and meaningless.
    See... Terrorism, quoting Oxford is:
    The unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims
    As such, unless there are LINKS connecting the ones burning the bus to any sort of political movement or ideology, this one CANNOT be called an act of terrorism.
    People like you or the many others in here, ACTUALLY WISHING this would be a terror attack, are the ones making Terrorism a meaningless word.
    Please stop that.
    Thank you.

So... do you have them sources now or are you going to say that this is not proven to be a terrorist attack yet, and just one of the many acts of vandalism in Paris?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I like how there's always a swarm of, "Lefties will just say it's ok, bombs are peaceful, lol!" posts in these threads and no posts from the people supposedly holding those views.
    My thing is people's aversion to calling it terrorism when it very well fits the bill, whether you want to go generic or stretch to call it Islamic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Your claim was it can't be a hateful (what I actually said was violent, but fine) book because it's popular.

That's bollocks, mate.
    My claim is that if a billion+ people follow it, and the vast majority does it in peace, it really cant be as violent as you described it.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    As always it is not representative.
    They are not muslim, but simply hiding behind a twisted version of those beliefs to stir up hatred feeding their cause.
    Ok no. The culturally integrated Muslims of the Developed World are an INFINITELY better people than the people committing these attacks. They are normal, everyday members of society. But it is those Muslims who coexist and are good people who practice a twisted form of Islam.

As with almost all Religions, if you actually follow its supposedly infallible tenants, you will be an ignorant, xenophobic asshole and almost certainly violent. Islam in particular doesn't tend to preach anymore violence or intolerance than any other religion, but it was founded by a Warlord and its history began with Hundreds of years of massive wars and expansion and severe persecution of any form of Pagan.

So while the problem is not specifically the religion (it's the culture and the intentional destabilization of the Middle East that started with the USSR) it is incredibly fucking disingenuous to claim that these people practice a 'warped version of Islam' or 'aren't true Muslims'
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Our media is not even reporting on this lol.
    So do we even know if its a confirmed terror attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    So many infractions from this thread. Truly freedom of speech is but an illusion in the presence of political correctness.

How are we ever gonna solve and get to the depth of problems if we cant even discuss or joke about them?

If we are gonna ban everyone who says something, that someone MIGHT be slightly offended by in some way, then we might aswell just never be allowed to voice any opinion public and re-instate single ruler monarchy.

Haha, this a fucking forum, mate.

Deleted
    My thing is people's aversion to calling it terrorism when it very well fits the bill, whether you want to go generic or stretch to call it Islamic.
    Oh you found sources linking these guys to any political ideology? Please do share them.
    Cause you know... if you dont have them, this cannot be called a terrorist attack yes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Daily reminder that saying there's a problem with Islam is not the same as saying there's a problem with every Muslim.

In the same vein as saying that there's a problem within the Catholic Clergy concerning small boys, doesn't mean every Catholic molests small boys.

Deleted
    Our media is not even reporting on this lol.
    So do we even know if its a confirmed terror attack?

Haha, this a fucking forum, mate.
    I couldnt find any on france 24 or euronews.... But then again if they report every car burned from Paris it'd take ages. Maybe local news?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Why don't you travel outside your bubble and find out?
    Yeah Kangodo just be a REAL MAN and embrace intolerance

This is gun be good...

You are EXACTLY the reason why terrorism is becoming a useless word. Similarly to why all those idiots talking about going to war for "freedom" made that word also useless and meaningless.
    See... Terrorism, quoting Oxford is:

As such, unless there are LINKS connecting the ones burning the bus to any sort of political movement or ideology, this one CANNOT be called an act of terrorism.
    People like you or the many others in here, ACTUALLY WISHING this would be a terror attack, are the ones making Terrorism a meaningless word.
    Please stop that.
    Thank you.

So... do you have them sources now or are you going to say that this is not proven to be a terrorist attack yet, and just one of the many acts of vandalism in Paris?
    Aims. Like possibly getting revenge for or drawing attention to a man killed by the cops by intimidating the citizens off of a bus before attacking the bus.

This is just amazing.

Deleted
    It had a political motivation. The death of a man by the cops. Atleast, that's what everyone painting as the motivation while others go for Allahu Ackbar.
    Do you have sources to back that claim up?

- - - Updated - - -

Aims. Like possibly getting revenge for or drawing attention to a man killed by the cops by intimidating the citizens off of a bus before attacking the bus.

This is just amazing.
    Do you have sources to back that claim up?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    This website just cuts the quotes out of context, and even so many of them don't seem violent to me.
    You are free to look up the specific passages (which they provided all the numbers for) yourself to get the context.

8:12[Remember] when your Lord inspired to the angels, "I am with you, so strengthen those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieved, so strike [them] upon the necks and strike from them every fingertip."

8:13
    That is because they opposed Allah and His Messenger. And whoever opposes Allah and His Messenger - indeed, Allah is severe in penalty.

8:14
    "That [is yours], so taste it." And indeed for the disbelievers is the punishment of the Fire.

8:15
    O you who have believed, when you meet those who disbelieve advancing [for battle], do not turn to them your backs [in flight].

8:16
    And whoever turns his back to them on such a day, unless swerving [as a strategy] for war or joining [another] company, has certainly returned with anger [upon him] from Allah , and his refuge is Hell - and wretched is the destination.

8:17
    And you did not kill them, but it was Allah who killed them. And you threw not, [O Muhammad], when you threw, but it was Allah who threw that He might test the believers with a good test. Indeed, Allah is Hearing and Knowing.

8:18
    That [is so], and [also] that Allah will weaken the plot of the disbelievers.

8:19 If you [disbelievers] seek the victory - the defeat has come to you. And if you desist [from hostilities], it is best for you; but if you return [to war], We will return, and never will you be availed by your [large] company at all, even if it should increase; and [that is] because Allah is with the believers.
    Oh gee. I wonder how people get radicalised by this shit. Glorifying butchering your enemies the disbelievers, and preaching that Allah will allow you to overcome all odds in a conflict, because your way is the true righteous way, rather than seek compromise or peace... and that those who do shy away from war are destined for hell just like the disbelievers.

And this is just one passage.
    Last edited by mmoc4359933d3d; 2016-08-04 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Daily reminder that saying there's a problem with Islam is not the same as saying there's a problem with every Muslim.

In the same vein as saying that there's a problem within the Catholic Clergy concerning small boys, doesn't mean every Catholic molests small boys.
    Go away. You are being far too truthful.