Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

The Tomb of Sargeras - Part Three: The Tomb’s Fury (spoilers)

So... "neither of you can die this day." Interesting.

Deleted
    https://bnetcmsus-a.akamaihd.net/cms...9831833094.pdf

PDF version.

So, we finally know why Kil'jaeden needed Gul'dan. A non-demon arcane "lockpicker".
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-08-03 at 10:42 PM.

Deleted
    Damn
    Guldan is definitively the most interesting villain wow has ever had. I wonder what happens after he refuses to open the portal at first.
    I like khadgars slight humor about arcane elementals not being able to kick rocks.

I wish they would do more storytelling this way

I also hope the raid in the tomb (i assume there will be one) manages to capture the immensity of the rooms with pillars so high that they are disapearing in darkness
    Last edited by mmocb6c41d5544; 2016-08-03 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

So... "neither of you can die this day." Interesting.
    Could be a reference to his Harbringers episode where fake medivh tried to make him a guardian.

Well, Khadgars Harbingers part already revevaled that the Legion was interested in corrupting him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the sequence of events seems to be:

>Khadgar takes flight in Raven form back to Azeoth in HFC's cinematic to chase Gul'dan.

> The audio dramas take place

> His Harbinger episode (probably what KJ means plans for him)

>We meet him in Dalaran trying to gain more help, including Horde people.

Definitely want to hear the last part of it, which I assume is tomorrow, to see why Gul'dan goes back to serving the Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Well, Khadgars Harbingers part already revevaled that the Legion was interested in corrupting him.
    Idk about that, there's a big difference between "would be nice to turn him" to "needing" him in a more absolute sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Definitely want to hear the last part of it, which I assume is tomorrow, to see why Gul'dan goes back to serving the Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Idk about that, there's a big difference between "would be nice to turn him" to "needing" him in a more absolute sense.
    Well the 'need' part falls a bit flat when KJ has enough and finally tells Guldan to kill him anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

I do wonder why demons killed MU guldan though.

[U]In my eyes: here's how I think it goes in order.

1. khadgar leaves HFC to find gul'dan, he meets up with maiev, while gul'dan is flown somewhere within suramar.

2. The ToS happens.

3. The felstorm opens, the legion is back, khadgar leaves, and the gul'dan harbinger vid pops

4. Khadgar leaves karazhan to find medivh, only to find that a dreadlord was sneaking by all this time.

5. The announcement trailer stuff happens with khadgar taking a look at the broken shore, while warning varian and anduin about the legions return.

6. Varian talks with the horde about it, and agree to assault the broken shore.

7. The broken shore event happens.

8. Legion happens straight after.

I love this whole prelude story mix going on. It really does all the flavor as to why legion is happening, and as to why gul'dan is so useful, even in AU standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Well the 'need' part falls a bit flat when KJ has enough and finally tells Guldan to kill him anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

I do wonder why demons killed MU guldan though.
    Huh? Wasn't it obvious? They killed him for insubordination.

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Huh? Wasn't it obvious? They killed him for insubordination.
    BEFORE he opened the portal though?

- - - Updated - - -

Him having a change of heart and refusing would have been ooc for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Old Gul'dan didn't seem interested in any portal, thats the thing. He wanted the power within the tomb.

Lore Elfs - Addicted to Lore.

Im loving all the storytelling blizzard is making.

This actually explain why MU Gul'dan was killed by the legion,propably he decided he would no longer be the Legion Pawn and betrayed then.Thats why Kil'jaeden doesn't trust AU Gul'dan.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Him having a change of heart and refusing would have been ooc for him.
    He went there just for the power. It was considered "disloyalty" by the Legion... though he was abandoned by the Legion before and then Sargeras went to the abyss.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    This actually explain why MU Gul'dan was killed by the legion,propably he decided he would no longer be the Legion Pawn and betrayed then.Thats why Kil'jaeden doesn't trust AU Gul'dan.
    That's the thing, MU Gul'dan didn't betrayed the Legion.

Oh man oh man! I friggin love these things. Something to listen to every night before bed

I gotta say though, with that ending I am really curious to see what happens next. What happens between Gul'dan refusing to obey Kil'jaeden and actually opening the portal

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a trace of Sargeras will show up, turning Gul'dan around.

Yeah they have a hell a lot to do in the final part.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    I think a trace of Sargeras will show up, turning Gul'dan around.
    Plot twist, Sargeras takes control of Gul'dan's body in the last part.

Nah, it won't be that. In the dungeon journal of Tichondrius it says he's in Suramar to make sure Gul'dan follows orders.

My guess is Sargeras shows Gul'dan the impossibility of defying the Legion; as that's exactly what Gul'dan does on the Broken Shore to the Alliance by summoning all the demons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Nah, it won't be that. In the dungeon journal of Tichondrius it says he's in Suramar to make sure Gul'dan follows orders.

My guess is Sargeras shows Gul'dan the impossibility of defying the Legion; as that's exactly what Gul'dan does on the Broken Shore to the Alliance by summoning all the demons.
    Yeah, I was joking. AU Gul'dan doesn't know about Sargeras like MU Gul'dan did. Even Illidan decided to go with Legion after Sargeras burned his eyes and shown the real dimension of the Burning Crusade and the Fallen Titan.