Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Where is the demonic presence at?

Those lucky enough to have played beta, i'm wondering.. the invasion starts on Azeroth in the pre-patch but are there demon presence anywhere else on the broken isles? And what about the other continents? Just trying to get a feel as what to expect and where the best place to start would be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zsecmmo View Post
    Those lucky enough to have played beta, i'm wondering.. the invasion starts on Azeroth in the pre-patch but are there demon presence anywhere else on the broken isles? And what about the other continents? Just trying to get a feel as what to expect and where the best place to start would be.
    There are fairly large Legion camps in Suramar (Felsoul Hold) and Azsuna, as well as some presence in every other zone. Not too heavy though, each zone has it's own vibe.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    There are fairly large Legion camps in Suramar (Felsoul Hold) and Azsuna, as well as some presence in every other zone. Not too heavy though, each zone has it's own vibe.
    What about Val'Sharah - or is that mostly the emerald nightmare?

The Legion has its mark all over the Broken Isles, though often times its through corruption or emissaries versus a direct confrontation. It's actually a nice approach because it keeps you from getting oversaturated.

Val'Sharah is the nightmare, Don't think you really see the Legion there.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Letdown View Post
    The Legion has its mark all over the Broken Isles, though often times its through corruption or emissaries versus a direct confrontation. It's actually a nice approach because it keeps you from getting oversaturated.
    After hanging out so much in Tanaan Jungle it was nice on beta to see colors other than charcoal black and neon fel green.

7+ Year Old Account
    Awesome I think you guys made my mind up, i'll start in Val'Sharah since that will be a "new" type of content, then work my way through the others and start confronting demons up until I reach the God Kings and etc.

Deleted
    Which is weird. The portal in the Tomb of Sargeras is open and demons popped out as far as the eye can see. Why aren't they, you know, swarming out of the portal all over the Isles? Is it explained/hinted at? Why is Gul'Dan negotiating for access to the Nighwell if he has the Legion physically there, just beyond the portal? Hm.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Which is weird. The portal in the Tomb of Sargeras is open and demons popped out as far as the eye can see. Why aren't they, you know, swarming out of the portal all over the Isles? Is it explained/hinted at? Why is Gul'Dan negotiating for access to the Nighwell if he has the Legion physically there, just beyond the portal? Hm.
    Probably another magical barrier he can't get through..

10+ Year Old Account
    Some Legion presence at the temple of Elune mostly. Not too significant though, mostly Nightmare stuff.

The Legion are backing Xavius and his satyrs. Gul'dan is the one responsible for raising the dead in Black Rook Hold, and there are also some non-satyr demons in the instance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    The recent audio drama series does a fair job at explaining Gul'dan's strategy. Raw power isn't enough to stop Azeroth's heroes from fighting the Legion. If he had taken the Nightwell by force, he would have just sent the surviving Nightborn elves straight into an alliance with the heroes. By negotiating, now he has both the Nightwell and a powerful force to defend it, including Elisande herself, and the only allies we get are the rather meager (at first) Nightfallen resistance group. He also gained quite a lot of time to do whatever he's dong in there, since it takes a while for the Nightfallen to grow strong enough to infiltrate the Nighthold.

The legion controls factions in every zone. All the motives are related to them.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Fallensaint View Post
    The recent audio drama series does a fair job at explaining Gul'dan's strategy. Raw power isn't enough to stop Azeroth's heroes from fighting the Legion.
    I don't agree that the audio explained it that well. It explained why he didn't want to go it alone. But I've never fully got some of the comments made and what happens in the game. During cata in Grim Batol I believe, one of the bosses says "A million more await...." The faceless claims their numbers are endless and even in the audio, they claimed the Legion's army stretched for as far as the eye could see, ready to march through the portal.

There is really no reason a million solider army shouldn't able to ROFL stomp through the planet, as I don't believe there is a million Azerothians. At best the Heroes and Armies would probably only make up 100,000 troops. Eventually that army would simply get overrun.

Granted, I don't think it would make for a very good gameplay to have a million demons pouring through and scattered all over Azeroth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I don't agree that the audio explained it that well. It explained why he didn't want to go it alone. But I've never fully got some of the comments made and what happens in the game. During cata in Grim Batol I believe, one of the bosses says "A million more await...." The faceless claims their numbers are endless and even in the audio, they claimed the Legion's army stretched for as far as the eye could see, ready to march through the portal.

There is really no reason a million solider army shouldn't able to ROFL stomp through the planet, as I don't believe there is a million Azerothians. At best the Heroes and Armies would probably only make up 100,000 troops. Eventually that army would simply get overrun.

Granted, I don't think it would make for a very good gameplay to have a million demons pouring through and scattered all over Azeroth.
    Pretty much what he said. Then again, I'm Eastern European, WW2 is a second-hand memory told to me by people who have witnessed firsthand what an army of one million soldiers looks like and what it can do ;D

OFC I know it's for gameplay reasons, i.e. we really don't want the entire expansion to end by one million demons stomping everything to dust. I was just hoping for, eeeehh, like, a lore handwave reason it ain't that way - e.g. that the initial UNLIMITED POWAH! Gul'Dan received was enough to open it, but not quite enough to sustain the portal or open it wide enough for KJ or Sarg to come through. I expect this is touched upon in Legion somehow? Beta Club people might know.
    Last edited by mmoc4588e6de4f; 2016-08-05 at 06:56 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much everything you fight on the broken isle is Influenced by the burning legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Smank View Post
    Pretty much everything you fight on the broken isle is Influenced by the burning legion.
    The Burning Legion has infiltrated the real world too. Kil'jaedan the Deceiver has taken the form of Hillary Clinton.

It definitely doesn't feel like the biggest Legion invasion ever. Feels more equivalent to BC, which Blizzard isn't even acknowledging as a proper invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think the biggest invasion ever is largely the pre-expansion events tbh

That would be rather sad if that's what it is.

Deleted
    I think the biggest invasion ever is largely the pre-expansion events tbh
    Yes, and I dont understand why they stop the event at launch, they should bring it back occasionally at the end of a tier for lvl 110

I agree. I would love if the endgame used the entire world map using phasing. Today you need to stop a pack of felhunters eating the pandas of Zoujin village, tomorrow you are helping the frostborn fend off a felbat attack in Storm Peaks and the next day a pit lord and his felguard army besiege the crossroads . . . Now that would be the greatest invasion ever.
    Yeah, I'd let them eat the pandas.