Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    CM rewards shouldn't have to be account wide. It removes half the point of earning them on multiple toons and it makes them less personal.
    I guess I don't really mind the weapons became account wide because the rewards were shoddy anyways, only being able to use 3 or 4 weapons wasn't too exciting and half of them are boring models.

If you missed out then good news, new limited rewards are coming! Now you have more reason to play the harder stuff! Yay for incentives!
    WoD MIA for No Flight
    ------------------------------
    MayMay

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Saying it took a relative amount of time is not deceitful in any way. Players weren't guaranteed to get a drop from any particular boss kill when raiding & when you did it still doesn't mean that it was a piece that had useful secondary stats. You could have done dungeons for gear but the wide pool of stats on gear that you would get from that method was even more of an rng roll. Some people got their gear faster out of sheer luck while others did not, hence the word "relative".

You're looking at class mastery in a vacuum. On paper you should be able to master a class from 'reading & playing it', but strangely that doesn't happen when people raid. Going by your logic raiders would just be able to wiki their class & youtube their raid fights effortlessly to victory, yet the content doesn't get cleared right away when groups of 10-30 players who know their class tackle it. Why? Because class mastery isn't a solo effort. You need to consider that the perfect player relies on the actions & reactions of other people playing their own toons. In addition even if somebody perfectly understands their class that doesn't mean that as human beings they don't make errors when playing, specifically during fast paced content that requires split second decisions constantly. Perfectly understanding your class doesn't automatically mean that player has great reaction time for on the spot group situations. Icy veins and youtube won't magically make you pop an aoe, mass cc, or cd at every time it ends up being needed without any delays or fat finger moments.

Now to address your interpretation of me bringing up shadow priests it was to highlight the point that a player shouldn't expect to gain everything account wide simply because they did it with an easier class or spec. Players should expect to put forth effort on classes that the class specific reward will be given to. It makes little sense for me to go in as an enh shammy, blow every single trash pack away effortlessly by spamming MotBM & Fire Nova or cheesing boss mechanics with a glyphed Grounding Totem, and then be rewarded with across the board with rewards that will be given to classes you weren't even completing that content with.
    Raiding and CMs are quite different, while in one you depend on multiple mechanics and on 10-30 players to be able to deal with those mechanics in a proper way on the other you depend on a very limited mechanics and on 4 other players to deal with those mechanics too.

The skill cap of CMs back in mop was as high as some people like put it. You didn't need to be a top raider with your class to do it, you just needed to not be terrible. But maybe I'm biased because I tanked most of them and leaded them and dpsers just had to /aoe or /stun on my call and that was fairly easy. Maybe I'm biased because one of my friends did it on a 2 monks and one of them had green quality weapons (yes they didn't scale up to cm gear) and he was not pulling the group down or just maybe because I didn't needed more than 2 weeks per class to learn how to do it after the first one (no i'm not the best player on my server, no i'm not a top high end 755 raider, i'm just a regular player).

In the end, considering people could 4 man those dungeons it does say quite about it.