Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes for people that did them, I don't see why not. Add them in so everyone can get them who didn't do it back then? Fuck that shit

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Dude it's only transmog you really make such a big deal of restricting others from it it's sad. Imagine me saying that since Inplay since vanilla everyone who wasn't there in vanilla shouldn't have vanilla transmogs in their wardrobe and old content should be removed per expansion become inaccessible etc. such desperation to be "unique" is laughable and pathetic
    cry all you want, lol. It still isn't going to happen

You guys love to avoid the simple question: how is your game affected if people who finished CM get access to a sets.
    Answer: It doesn't effect them at all.

The entire argument that people should have done CMs when they were available is based on a LOT of bad logic and self-centered nonsense.

First off, in a dev environment where everything supposedly will cost us a raid tier, spending dev time on content which is temporary is a bad investment. Removing CMs falls under this. That content and those armor/weapon sets should ALWAYS be available, but locked behind an equivalent achievement which matches or exceeds the effort spent to originally obtain them. I've already suggested, in a different thread, that the CM sets be locked behind a very high Mythic+ level so that that dev time doesn't go to waste, and that the accomplishment of coordination and skill be maintained.

Second, the only reason to restrict CM sets is so that people can feel like they have something that no one else can possibly get. All it does is feed the negative aspects of the community by creating haves and have-nots. Whatever feeling of being special that's lost by someone being able to obtain them today is more than made up for by the feeling of accomplishment as new players work hard to get them. Instead of being angry that someone else is putting forth effort, you should be happy that people are working hard to play on that level(unless you paid for a carry, in which case you have NO defense).

Third is the false logic that people who didn't get the CMs done lacked effort, focus, or made bad decisions. What about people who were deployed in the military and didn't have access to WoW at the time? What about people who had to take care of their family, or finances, and didn't have the ability to play WoW at the time? What about new players who simply weren't aware of WoW during that timeframe? People are so dead set on hoarding their special stuff that they're willing to angrily attack anyone who wants to participate in the game and get cool things too. Think about how stupid and bad that is, just for a second.

Fourth is the false conclusion that if MoP CMs were re-released that they'd be faceroll easy. It's stupid to assume that those CMs wouldn't be rebalanced, and potentially MORE challenging than they were originally. As I said above, locking the sets behind very high Mythic+ rating is a very good solution to this issue.

Every argument against making the CM sets available today is based out of a desire to defend some kind of feeling of being special or better than people who don't have it. That is some of the worst reasons to base an argument off of, and the very least people could do is to be honest about it. Just come out and admit it: "I want to be able to lord my stuff over other people".

I'm saving this for when it happens I guess you won't be here then you will quit game lol
    lol whatever floats your boat man. Im sure they will do it right after they give everyone the Black Qiraji Battle Tank.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Answer: It doesn't effect them at all.

The entire argument that people should have done CMs when they were available is based on a LOT of bad logic and self-centered nonsense.
    You have that backwards -- the self centered agrument is the one you make. I didn't do MoP CM gold on a shaman, but I made one to play in Legion, and he's going to have to go without the MoP CM set even though I completed it on other characters. Rather than feel I'm entitled to a unique reward I didn't earn, I'm happy for those other Shaman who got it done, I'm happy for them that they get a unique set and look.

The self centered argument says all unique rewards should be available to me all the time because I'm entitled. The unselfish argument is the one that says let the people who acquired a unique reward be allowed to retain its status of being unique to others.
    Last edited by Greylan; 2016-08-04 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greylan View Post
    You have that backwards -- the self centered agrument is the one you make. I didn't do MoP CM gold on a shaman, but I made one to play in Legion, and he's going to have to go without the MoP CM set even though I completed it on other characters. Rather than feel I'm entitled to a unique reward I didn't earn, I'm happy for those other Shaman who got it done, I'm happy for them that they get a unique set and look.

The self centered argument says all unique rewards should be available to me all the time because I'm entitled. The unselfish argument is the one that says let the people who acquired a unique reward be allowed to retain its status of being unique.
    exactly this

You are so clueless that you think Scarab Lord is equal to getting boosted in CMs. Obvious sign of someone who played wow for the first time at the end of MoP or else you would have some basic understanding of where MoP CMs stand in level of difficulty. I stand by @SirCowdog who made a great post destroying your fallacy. Now go back to pretending you achieved something in life rofl.
    Insult me all you want, just shows how ridiculous you are for throwing this hissy fit tantrum. "gimme gimme gimme! I want them so they should be mine!" I'm sure this helped you get the full set of power rangers from you mom last year and maybe even the megazord too, but Blizz says no. mmmkay cupcake?

Rather than feel I'm entitled to a unique reward I didn't earn,
    Straw man.

At what point did I ever mention or suggest that it be given out without earning it? If anything, I'm suggesting that it actually be MORE difficult to obtain than the original effort.

- - - Updated - - -

Consider this: Theoretically, if Blizzard was able to recreate the exact circumstances that the MoP sets were originally obtained under(MoP skills, gear, balance, etc), would you have any objection to re-releasing the sets under those conditions? Now...if the answer to that is no, then by extension, there is also no objection to re-releasing those sets under HARDER difficulty.

If the answer is yes, then you're just a selfish special snowflake who wants to deny people cool things.

Straw man.

At what point did I ever mention or suggest that it be given out without earning it? If anything, I'm suggesting that it actually be MORE difficult to obtain than the original effort.

- - - Updated - - -

Consider this: Theoretically, if Blizzard was able to recreate the exact circumstances that the MoP sets were originally obtained under(MoP skills, gear, balance, etc), would you have any objection to re-releasing the sets under those conditions? Now...if the answer to that is no, then by extension, there is also no objection to re-releasing those sets under HARDER difficulty.

If the answer is yes, then you're just a selfish special snowflake who wants to deny people cool things.
    You should realize this thread is all in context to the OP -- you know, how forums usually work -- and you should perhaps read the OP, where he says they should be like WoD and just be given account wide; nothing is mentioned of obtaining them through an equal or greater challenge. That means it was you who built the strawman.

You should realize this thread is all in context to the OP -- you know, how forums usually work -- and you should perhaps read the OP, where he says they should be like WoD and just be given account wide; nothing is mentioned of obtaining them through an equal or greater challenge. That means it was you who built the strawman.
    So you're avoiding the question.

For a thirty year old Swedish man you seem to know a lot about power rangers but very little about the value of Scarab Lords. Your English is also very bad or you would have noticed by now that I have finished CMs and I am not just trying to get something that I didn't earn. Funny how you complain about insults when you refer to my mother. Quite spineless for a thirty year old aren't you?
    Aww isn't he cute? Trying to research me haha. What's wrong? umadbro? Swedish? Where did that come from? keep slinging insults and doing all the research you want. Blizz isn't changing their stance on this and rightfully so. If you did all the golds on all the classes then why do you care? If you didn't, then you did not earn them and will never be transmogging them, hard stop.

Keep posting though, this is really entertaining. I want to see what else you try.

So you're avoiding the question.
    That answers the question. This thread is about making MoP CM's account wide, which is where my replies were directed. You reply to me and say I'm selfish for not agreeing to your assertion that they should be available as an equal or greater challenge and then accuse me of building a strawman, which is the very thing you just did.

In a hypothetical different thread about making MoP sets available through an equal or greater challenge, I would have arguments as to why I think that would be good. This isn't that thread nor the posts I hit reply to, hence your strawman.
    Last edited by Greylan; 2016-08-04 at 10:34 PM.

Sitcom dog made a fantastic post with so many valid points sadly it's being dissected by the usual bunch of entitled vocal minority that seems to reside here and attack everyone they disagree with in a concerted manner. Why don't you just bloody let it go man?

You seriously attack people for asking about cosmetic gear? I can only imagine what joy you are during loot distribution after a boss kill. God save us from people like you tbh how can you be so obtuse it's uncanny.
    "IT'S MY XMOG GEAR AND I WANT IT NOW!" Call J G Wentworth 877 CASH NOW!!!!!

Your panic is so hilarious. I would give all my gold (and I have a lot of gold) to see your face when blizzard caves in to the just request of the masses and finally ignores the noisy entitled twats that have been polluting our beloved game for so long.
    LOL @ "researching you". Learn to check what you share on the internet dude lol. So much fail lol
    now try holding your breath and yelling "LALALALALALLALALALALLALALALA"

Did it work?

Nope, still class specific

That answers the question. This thread is about making MoP CM's account wide, which is where my replies were directed. You reply to me and say I'm selfish for not agreeing to your assertion that they should be available as an equal or greater challenge and then accuse me of building a strawman, which is the very thing you are did.

In a hypothetical different thread about making MoP sets available through an equal or greater challenge, I would have arguments as to why I think that would be good. This isn't that thread nor the posts I hit reply to, hence your strawman.
    So you're still avoiding the question. Are you incapable of handling a slight change in the flow of the discussion, even when it's a related topic, AND relevant to the discussion?

This must be funny among the rednecks but I really don't get it. But whatever dude you re already talking nonsense in caps. I think you are done here.
    Okay now try stomping off to your room in your moms basement and slamming the door.

Did it work?

Nope, still class specific

Your panic is so hilarious. I would give all my gold (and I have a lot of gold) to see your face when blizzard caves in to the just request of the masses and finally ignores the noisy entitled twats that have been polluting our beloved game for so long.
    LOL @ "researching you". Learn to check what you share on the internet dude lol. So much fail lol
    Stay on topic please,
    people who are so anal about them not being account wide have no foundation for that argument. the CMs were a boost fest for almost the entire life cycle of MoP the recolors are nothing but a cop out and just an excuse to add half ass look a likes in the game. it makes no sense on hey my level one of my shaman ( example ) can use the same set I did with my shaman in MOP for the sets, that's counter intuitive to what they've done with almost everything else.

They are done mate all they have to contribute now is petty insults and salt. So much salt. Thirty years of sex deprivation have this effect as I read in another forum

- - - Updated - - -

They are done mate all they have to contribute now is petty insults and salt. So much salt. Thirty years of sex deprivation have this effect as I read in another forum
    Lets see... you could write a strongly worded letter? Just make sure your tears hit the page

omg the salt in this thread over kids that was too bad to earn the sets LUL keep going! this is a nice cocktail with the kingkongor ban. and i finished my gta 5 1st person playthrough!

today was a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcrin View Post
    omg the salt in this thread over kids that was too bad to earn the sets LUL keep going! this is a nice cocktail with the kingkongor ban. and i finished my gta 5 1st person playthrough!

today was a good day.
    I know right?! I should have had the popcorn ready lmao