Poll: Too much stun/cc/interrupts in PvP now?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Does PvP now have too much CC/Stun/Interrupt?

Me being a healer, I definitely notice the more stuns, interrupts and CCs while healing.
    Lets say I have 3 enemies on me as I try to heal: I wait through the first 3-5 secs of stun, drop down to 50%, as I get out of it I try to heal and before the heal hits I'm in the next stun. I then use my "insigne" to get out and...guess what... third stun/CC and I'm dead.
    Do you have smiliar experience?

The idea is that your team peels for you and protects you.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtlewithnoshell View Post
    The idea is that your team peels for you and protects you.
    So true. What I meant was that with 7.0 and the pre-patach there is more stun than it was before, and for my taste it is too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    So true. What I meant was that with 7.0 and the pre-patach there is more stun than it was before, and for my taste it is too much.
    I haven't had that experience.. but thats not to say it hasnt been yours. With less cc overall you're probably having to sit through full cc's more often rather than people wasting them into DRs because there were so many abilities that shared timers?

Deleted
    remember MoP?

btw:
    3 opponents r 3 opponents, wtf? any heal should get wrecked facing 3 opponents! anything else could be considered OP.
    Last edited by mmocdfc202a8dc; 2016-08-11 at 04:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted YES, however, PvP is currently balanced with these in mind.

IF they cut down on stuns/interrupt/etc then they will have to nerf healers/casters significantly to compensate.

So I voted yes only if they nerf down those who will benefit in order to be balanced.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

You shouldn't be able to heal through 3 enemies rotating CC on you. Otherwise healers would never die in 3s.

If you are having trouble. I'd suggest:

1.) Play Human/Gnome/Orc/Undead as they all have racial's that help reduce CC.
    2.) Racial(Optional) + Honorable Medallion + Relentless + Any other talents that help reduce CC or interrupt (Calming Waters for Shamans for example).
    3.) When you come out of a stun, be spamming any instant cast heals/shields you can.
    4.) Have your teammates peel for you. In random BGs, Make an addon that says "I'm a healer, peel for me" and spam it in the /s chat while you are stunned.

Wow... we are already at a point where ppl complain that they cant outheal 3 ppl that are ccing them properly. Entitlement at its best.

the problem isn't that he wants to be able to out heal 3 players he just wants to not be dead from 100% to 0% with no possible recourse but to die.

pvp shouldnt be about who gets the first stun out.

Deleted
    CC/stun are probably fine. But the added interrupt makes it too much for casters eventhough i like my counterspell.
    Maybe interrupts cooldown should be longer when its used against a player.

But interrupt is also what contributes to the dynamic casters in melee range = melee out of melee range aside from the increased dmg and jumping through character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild View Post
    Me being a healer, I definitely notice the more stuns, interrupts and CCs while healing.
    Lets say I have 3 enemies on me as I try to heal: I wait through the first 3-5 secs of stun, drop down to 50%, as I get out of it I try to heal and before the heal hits I'm in the next stun. I then use my "insigne" to get out and...guess what... third stun/CC and I'm dead.
    Do you have smiliar experience?
    That's a common mistake. You have an ability that removes CC from you. If you can't sit a 5 second stun (aka: "i got swarmed by 3 damage dealers and got stunned for 5 seconds") - use it.

Also, bubble, healing elixirs, miracles and other shit like that helps a lot and requires little to no time or effort to use (tho, they have a cooldown because of that)
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-08-12 at 03:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

There were way more CCs in WoD.....

I have nothing against stuns and interrupts in general (arena needs it most) but the overlay/chaining in BG's sometimes is just too much for me. I'm not a healer but there are times im battle where your char just "freezes" and can't do anything... dead. Overlayed CC's should diminish a lot faster so you actually have a chance to take part in that brawl!

A few things we have to consider:

We are missing the first line of PvP talents as of now (which deals with CCs).

Many healer-only PvP talents (dunno about all the other non-healer specs) further increase CC protection. For example Disci priests have a talent which reduces the duration of all interrupts and silence by 25%.

Said that, I don't think that there are many CCs overall, I just think that some specs might just have a bit too many CCs. The gap between some specs is enormous.

A comparison among 2 specs (no pvp talents or artifact perks considered for the sake of my mind sanity):

For example balance druids have Solar Beam (8 sec AoE silence/interrupt, 1 min CD), Mighty Bash* (5sec stun, 50 sec CD), Entangling Roots (8sec casted root, CDless, useless as always).

*(talent of their CC row)

Then we have, dunno, outlaw rogues which have Kick (5 sec interrupt, 15 sec CD), Pistol Shot (6 sec snare, CDless), Gouge (4sec incapacitate, 10 sec CD), Between the Eyes (5sec stun, 20 sec CD), Cheap Shot (4sec stun, CDless**) Blind (8 sec disorient, 2 min CD), "CC row".

**requires stealth.

So, a balance druid, to stop a healer from casting, can use a 8 sec silence/interrupt and a 5 sec stun every 1 min = 13sec every 1 min.

In that 1 min, a outlaw rogue can use 4 Kick (20sec interrupt), 3 Between the Eyes (15 sec stun) = 35sec every 1 min.

Even ignoring cheapshots, gouges and blinds (which might be used on a different target to CC 2 targets in a row), we can see the enormous gap among that (some) specs.

Even if the healer is a god and fake cast all kicks (and let's pretend he is not godlike enough to fake cast Solar Beam too, and let's also pretend that the healer stays under the beam for 8 seconds in a row for whatever reason) it is still 13 sec vs 15 sec. I am also ignoring another form of CC, all the casts "pushed back" due to the melee attacks done by the rogue.

In no way I am trying to say outlaw rogues are overpowered and balance druids are underpowered and surely some specs are balanced with that things in mind, I'm just bringing evidences which might explain the question of this topic.

In general, I think that some melee specs have just too much CC, let alone their enormous uptime, passive CC effects, interrupts and pseudo-interrupts.

A feral druid alone can (in a row), stun 4 sec (Rake), stun 2.5 sec (Maim), interrupt 4 sec (Skull Bash), knock back (Typhoon), all the while passively snaring and pushing back your cast.

Any healer who can get through that deserve a medal.

More or less this is not different from some exps ago, surely, but some specs lost many CCs, while some others retained most CCs, so you can't "breath" by counter-ccing your enemy, with some specs.

With a Disci priest, for example, you can, let's say, just press your 30 sec*** Psychic Scream everytime it is up and just deal with the fact that you have to tank a few melees until death (which probably won't happen very later).

*** talent.

Most healers/casters most of the time don't have any breathing room.

This is probably the main issue (not just the amount of CCs itself, but not being able to cast a single spell for 1 min in a row, thing which can be achieved by CCing someone and/or just by interrupting, pseudointerruping or delaying the cast with autos).

This issue is imho, "generated" by some specs only, it's not a general issue, so imho, it should not be treated like one. I mean, they might give an interrupt immunity to all healers, but that would mean that, for example, a balance druid can prevent a healer from casting for 5 sec every 50 sec and an outlaw rogue can still CC him in like 6 ways, excluding Kick.

I think its ok . Just the healers needs to stay back and try to avoid the enemies .

They pruned so much i don't there is too much. Im glad mages lost deepfreeze tho

The removal of deep freeze was stupid, it's been a core mage mechanic forever. On topic though, Blizz needs to remove melee uptime. Allow casters to cast again, which can lead to pruning of instant cast spells and cc. Melee interrupts and kicks, immunities etc should also have longer cd's to accompany this since all melee have them. Or if melee uptime can't be reduced for the amount of crying that will happen, give all casters disarm abilities. Similar to casters being silenced and not being able to do anything, disarming melee will have a similar effect.

Same for me. My druid feels very weird and extremely weak, not rewarding whatsoever of skillful multihotting and kiting. Disc is interesting, not too strong but interesting. Holy is a bit of a joke really, once interrupted you are just standing there. I have the suspicion monks fare a bit better atm, but I don't play monk.

Healing in PvP is definitely a chore for me now. Everyone waddling around with giant health pools that drain slowly, but also fill up very slowly due to this wet noodle healing. The problem is that this applies to healers themselves too, making surviving just horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvp guy View Post
    The removal of deep freeze was stupid, it's been a core mage mechanic forever.
    Well its a mechanic thats existed since WOTLK other classes lost spells they have had since vanilla so saying its exited forever isnt a good enough reason to keep it.

Being able to start what can potentially be a very long CC chain from one unavoidable 40 yrd instant cast ability was always retarded and probably never should of existed. Melee need to lose some mobility and casters should not be given anything. I did see a patch nerf to the subtley shadowstrike ability making it 15 yards which is honestly pretty useless. I dont think its the worst thing if you need to setup CC with your partners like a cheapshot into sheep that seems alot more fair then being able to do it from 40 yards away with no teamwork.

There's other classes that have instant cast ranged abilities that can lead to cc chains as well, not just mages. And abilities like asphyxiate or storm bolt are even worse. They don't break on damage yet deep was changed to do so. Also deep was also a cornerstone for Mage burst for a long time before it became a poly precursor. It wasn't always just extra Mage cc. And why shouldn't all casters get a disarm, all melee have kicks?