Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Snope is as uncredible as anything on the internet
    If you believe that, fine. But do you, or anyone else, have any evidence that contradicts Snopes findings on this? Because did some brief digging and couldn't find a single credible website that reported on the story. So as far as I can tell, Snopes is right on this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    They never had any credibility to lose
    Do you have anything to support what the OP is saying? Everything I've found, including Snopes, says it's all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Do you have anything to support what the OP is saying? Everything I've found, including Snopes, says it's all wrong.
    True, we should stick to the fact that only 14 Muslim-American soldiers have been killed fighting.

While 13 soldiers were killed and 30 wounded by a fellow Muslim-American soldier at Fort Hood

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/by...rticle/2598232

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Fort_Hood_shooting

We live in clown world, and the Religion of Peace proves it

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    If you believe that, fine. But do you, or anyone else, have any evidence that contradicts Snopes findings on this? Because did some brief digging and couldn't find a single credible website that reported on the story. So as far as I can tell, Snopes is right on this one.
    No, Im not even supporting the OP's side, I just hate seeing people linking Snopes as if it has any meaning

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I dont support the OP at the present time.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, Im not even supporting the OP's side, I just hate seeing people linking Snopes as if it has any meaning
    Like Wikipedia, it's the first step in a "you clearly didn't even bother looking for anything that wasn't blatantly biased propaganda" statement. It's not an argument that Snopes is comprehensive and detailed research. It's that even Snopes can show how completely ridiculous that claim is.

It's like citing a Wikipedia definition. No, it's not the height of research; it's a tertiary source. But if you can't even get past "what basic English words actually mean", then that's the level of source you need to bring out; anything more in-depth is beyond the person you're discussing this with.

In this case, the claims that Khizr Khan has connections to the Muslim Brotherhood and/or supports implementing Sharia law in the USA, those are just blatantly false information being spread as propaganda. Contradicting it doesn't deserve a well-researched source, because researchers don't bother disproving blatant propaganda in the first place, because it's so obviously manufactured and untrue.
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-08-04 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Like Wikipedia, it's the first step in a "you clearly didn't even bother looking for anything that wasn't blatantly biased propaganda" statement. It's not an argument that Snopes is comprehensive and detailed research. It's that even Snopes can show how completely ridiculous that claim is.

It's like citing a Wikipedia definition. No, it's not the height of research; it's a tertiary source. But if you can't even get past "what basic English words actually mean", then that's the level of source you need to bring out; anything more in-depth is beyond the person you're discussing this with.

In this case, the claims that Khizr Khan has connections to the Muslim Brotherhood and/or supports implementing Sharia law in the USA, those are just blatantly false information being spread as propaganda. Contradicting it doesn't deserve a well-researched source, because researchers don't bother disproving blatant propaganda in the first place, because it's so obviously manufactured and untrue.
    I personally give 0 credibility to Snopes, I give some credibility to Wikipedia even it is left leaning. I also wouldnt say the claims are false, they are unproven and thus irresponsible to to smear someone with.

Snope is as uncredible as anything on the internet
    Damn, why even bother. Anything can be true with this logic.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    But why ?
    Anything that doesn't find perfect balance in the volume of wrong statements attributed to both sides of the political spectrum is considered biased. At least, that's what I've gathered on this board.

Mostly it's a bunch of people who just can't accept that perhaps their side lies more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Anything that doesn't find perfect balance in the volume of wrong statements attributed to both sides of the political spectrum is considered biased. At least, that's what I've gathered on this board.

Mostly it's a bunch of people who just can't accept that perhaps their side lies more.
    Truth usually isn't an absolute thing, although yes i feel snopes is very biased just like politifact

Truth usually isn't an absolute thing, although yes i feel snopes is very biased just like politifact
    That is because you can't handle facts and reality. Both of which have a liberal bias.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    So why not tell us why you don't consider Snopes to be credible or is this just another "FEELS INSTEAD OF REALS" episode?
    That is, after all, what the entire RNC was about. Newt Gingrich even admitted to it.

...how? They source all their fat checking and look at both liberals and conservatives. Where's the bias when they document all their investigations and conclusions?

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    That is, after all, what the entire RNC was about. Newt Gingrich even admitted to it.
    The irony being that "feels not reals" has been the rights critique of the left for a while now before the GOP decided to take the reins on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally give 0 credibility to Snopes, I give some credibility to Wikipedia even it is left leaning.
    Uhh, Wikipedia doesn't "lean" in any particular direction. You're basically expressing a victim complex. Snopes doesn't, either, for that matter.

I also wouldnt say the claims are false, they are unproven and thus irresponsible to to smear someone with.
    When the man himself says they're completely untrue, and there's no credible evidence to back them, then they're as "unproven" as the claim that Trump has a secret shrine to Marx that he prostrates himself before daily.

Which I just made up, let's be clear.

The word in bold is the problem.

You don't determine bias based on feels.

WOW. The sheer vicious ignoramus bullshit attacks on the guy... What the fuck?

By the way...I spent a substantial amount of time studying Islamic jurisprudence and traditions. Had I been a legal scholar I might have even liked to write a study on specific subjects related to it. That doesn't make me either a proponent of Islamic law or a fan of it.

Just as someone who spends a lot of time researching Catholic Cannon Law, isn't necessarily a fan or a proponent of it. Just as someone who spends time studying the psychology of serial killers, isn't a serial killer in training/serial killer proponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    WOW. The sheer vicious ignoramus bullshit attacks on the guy... What the fuck?

By the way...I spent a substantial amount of time studying Islamic jurisprudence and traditions. Had I been a legal scholar I might have even liked to write a study on specific subjects related to it. That doesn't make me either a proponent of Islamic law or a fan of it.

Just as someone who spends a lot of time researching Catholic Cannon Law, isn't necessarily a fan or a proponent of it. Just as someone who spends time studying the psychology of serial killers, isn't a serial killer in training/serial killer proponent.
    I mean Donald Trump claimed Ted Cruz's dad help kill JFK, its just not surprising.