Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    Yeah, I said you just wanted to shift some sympathy for the Hollywood issues and I was right. Never did I ever start a conversation about any superiority.
    Yet, you want more than equality. The circle continues.

Gay actors, and even straight actors that once played a gay role, are often pushed into that niche.
    But you implied that those roles were rare so then the majority of gay actors would not have that stigma. Didn't Dwayne Johnson play a gay character early in his film career? That doesn't seem to have affected his career negatively.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Do you know how many actors who have got Oscars never work again?
    Eminem for one.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    He claims the gays get less work, how do the people they are auditioning for know their sexual orientation?
    Didn't a female homosexual actress that recently got out stopped getting big roles right after? Guess it's a bunch of anecdotes about agents, producers and studios, that manifested themselves into the scene

Didn't a female homosexual actress that recently got out stopped getting big roles right after? Guess it's a bunch of anecdotes about agents, producers and studios, that manifested themselves into the scene
    Who was that?

Quote Originally Posted by Zyster View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/08/25/entert...ious-thr-feat/

seem to disagree with you. I think I would rather believe someone in the field.
    She's Jewish...that's a bit different although a lot of Hollywood producers are Jewish. Perhaps instead of saying something like "religious" quite so broadly, specify what's you're referring to next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    Eminem for one.
    Adrien Brody is another, has done very little since he won , Geena Davis is another
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    She's Jewish...that's a bit different although a lot of Hollywood producers are Jewish. Perhaps instead of saying something like "religious" quite so broadly, specify what's you're referring to next time.
    Oh, I'm sorry. I'll be more specific. Religion.

Female homosexual actress.

That informs me deeply.

Yet, you want more than equality. The circle continues.
    Learn a new trick, I will train you with some snacks if I need to.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Do you know how many actors who have got Oscars never work again?
    He had movies before and after his Oscar. And he started as a musician anyways. And by the way, I doubt Suicide Squad will flop. Maybe won't repeat Deadpool, but hey, it's Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    But you implied that those roles were rare so then the majority of gay actors would not have that stigma. Didn't Dwayne Johnson play a gay character early in his film career? That doesn't seem to have affected his career negatively.
    I don't know, lately there are many side-roles in tv shows and stuff. My concern is more about the opportunities and the industry avoiding it, unless it's just about steering some controversy.

Oh, I'm sorry. I'll be more specific. Religion.
    This is a pointless conversation then, all religions are not viewed equally within the US broadly and Hollywood more specifically.

I don't believe that. If anything I think it'd be beneficial to be gay in Hollywood. You can make connections and get into cliques based on your sexuality if you're gay, something you can't as a straight person. There are numerous gay actors and characters, and even if a character doesn't have a defined sexual orientation, that doesn't automatically make him straight.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Unless you're a Scientologist, because their beliefs are just weird.
    All religious beliefs are weird by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Female homosexual actress.

That informs me deeply.
    I'm really not a big movie enthusiast. :P TV shows is where the shit's at! And I suck at remembering actor names. It was a bigger act, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Testaxc View Post
    That new Star Trek movie
    No, just no. That was a throw away scene that did nothing for the character other than make him gay to be gay, so they could say "look at how inclusive we are". If you stepped out to piss in that moment there is literally nothing else to tell you he is gay, maybe a mention of the husband later in the flick, IDR I was pretty high.

It hand nothing to do with the story, no real impact, it was window dressing. Of the worst sort too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Naah, they're trying so hard to blackball a lot of people but i should shut up about it before i get in trouble.
    With out some source or citation, you are just a guy on the internet talking about your feelings and opinions.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    If you stepped out to piss in that moment there is literally nothing else to tell you he is gay, maybe a mention of the husband later in the flick, IDR I was pretty high.
    It hand nothing to do with the story, no real impact, it was window dressing. Of the worst sort too.
    And why is this a bad thing? Most of us want to be accepted as a normal human being, not an exclusive group who is different to the rest of humanity.

I'm really not a big movie enthusiast. :P TV shows is where the shit's at! And I suck at remembering actor names. It was a bigger act, though.
    Welp, with no name to confirm, I'm gonna Toss this into the same hole a black person not winning an Oscar is racist needs to rot in.

Everyone talks about how hard it is on their interview tour.

No, just no. That was a throw away scene that did nothing for the character other than make him gay to be gay, so they could say "look at how inclusive we are". If you stepped out to piss in that moment there is literally nothing else to tell you he is gay, maybe a mention of the husband later in the flick, IDR I was pretty high.

- - - Updated - - -

With out some source or citation, you are just a guy on the internet talking about your feelings and opinions.
    Thank you for correcting it. That's exactly what I was talking about. Some lazy "revisionism" ala Dumbledore and Star Trek to check of some box on the feel good list is not what I was talking about.

Hollywood may be fairly liberal, the industry isn't. Can't recall any big movie having a centric gay relationship.
    Uh, fucking Brokeback Mountain?

I think it's funny (in a bad way) that white male gays are starting to get backlash from the far-left politically-sexual-and-racial crowd for not being queer enough.

Learn a new trick, I will train you with some snacks if I need to.

He had movies before and after his Oscar. And he started as a musician anyways. And by the way, I doubt Suicide Squad will flop. Maybe won't repeat Deadpool, but hey, it's Marvel.

I don't know, lately there are many side-roles in tv shows and stuff. My concern is more about the opportunities and the industry avoiding it, unless it's just about steering some controversy.
    >suicide squad
    >marvel

When the character's sexuality, straight or gay has nothing to do with the story why would they bother highlighting it. Better for it to be there without shoving it in people's faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Welp, with no name to confirm, I'm gonna Toss this into the same hole a black person not winning an Oscar is racist needs to rot in.

Everyone talks about how hard it is on their interview tour.
    Well, it's a washed up example and certainly not the one I meant, but that Juno girl, Ellen Page. Although imo she isn't a big name anyways and certainly doesn't get any good roles for that reason alone.