Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    It's same with DBM. I don't wanna use DBM either but I'm forced to because it makes raiding easier so I don't really have choice.
    Are u dumb? Do you really think blizz would design the bosses we have now if they did not take boss mods into consideration. We would still be stuck on 3 mechanic boss fight if not for addons idiot

Infracted for flaming.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2016-08-05 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Just FYI - we've been able to for the past week due to the new addon. The max I've heard someone play with is 70 yards, and that was just to see if he could. Everyone who downloaded and used the addon that I've spoken to and asked haven't gone above 50 yards for comfortable play - which pretty much disproves the entire "WHATEVER THE MAX IS, PLAYERS WOULD USE THAT FOR ADVANTAGE!"-bullshit that Watcher has been clinging to. We have the ability to zoom out as far as we could ever want right now - and we're sticking to what we're *used to*, because it's comfortable, advantage notwithstanding.
    I'm pretty upset. I played at a distance of 1000 yards using just nameplates. This will ruin WoW for me.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

7+ Year Old Account
    max zoom is for quitters

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    Are u dumb? Do you really think blizz would design the bosses we have now if they did not take boss mods into consideration. We would still be stuck on 3 mechanic boss fight if not for addons idiot
    It'd still make their "unfair advantage" talk more viable then nerfing anything related to the camera.

Also, DBM isnt needed at all, it would just take longer for people to down bosses.

10+ Year Old Account
    So crybabies won again. I don't like this change at all since I can't stand playing with camera maxed out. Very stupid change and it's not how WoW should be played.
    I completely agree with you and the developers. They should have kept the new settings.

So crybabies won again. I don't like this change at all since I can't stand playing with camera maxed out. Very stupid change and it's not how WoW should be played.
    Well, you could always....you know....ZOOM IN?! Ikr, Revolutionary, this is the kinda stuff that blows minds!

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    It'd still make their "unfair advantage" talk more viable then nerfing anything related to the camera.

Also, DBM isnt needed at all, it would just take longer for people to down bosses.
    Please do mythic mannoroth and archimonde without the use of any addons and come back to me, blizz already said they designed those boss fights with DBM in mind

Like the above post said. Do mythic manny without anyone in your guild using DBM or bigwigs please lol. It would be a nightmare

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok. So I have one good eye. I used the camera zoom to max distance because I get tension headaches. I get them because I'm darting my single eye across a monitor too quickly and it hurts. I would zoom out the camera so that I can see all what I needed to see in one spot on the monitor. Yes it may have given me a raiding advantage(I only do LFR atm), but I needed it to relieve the headaches while playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes if you play in casual guilds. But we are really forced to if we want to stay in comptitive guild without being kicked.
    lol

1. who is forcing you to play with your camera maxed out
    2. who is forcing you to SAY that you don't play with your camera maxed out

you live in a very delusional world

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    another case of the playerbase knows best, and we do blizzard.
    its more of case of devs who have no balls and no confidence in their own product - it will have devastating resoults in long term - very bad for the game

In game slider will be around 38 and people can increase it back to 50 with console command? I guess 38 still lets you don't lose any details then? So maybe don't give console command back for passing 38? (Think that you might just get maxcam addon's exploit fixed and it become not working and you might end up with not receiving any increases on camera distance by Blizzard even)
    I'm playing since tbc and I was playing with 50 value always after I learn it, so that makes so many years with increased distance. But I was always disappointed with losing footprints on walking on snowy areas ie(that's one of the losing details part they are talking about?), it's really makes me feel less connected to my char as far as distance increases too.
    It's not just raiders, it's effect pvp too when someone approaches you from the sides or something.. So I never stoped using console command; that's one of the advantages too they were talking about ie. So yes it gives advantage to us against who don't know that console command; in both pve and pvp. Stop denying that and blaming each other please, maybe try to understand each other? Like blizzard did tonight
    I was unhappy too when they limited the max zoom. Then I get used to new camera zoom pretty quickly. So I wish they just make the in-game slider to max. possible value that let us not lose any details and not let console commands again. Because even I don't like 50 value due to losing details, I'll use it for sure. I also enjoy viewing more widely. I know it's looks like I support both increase and decrease limits in zoom, yes I do and I hope you can understand the points I'm talking about, before quote me.
    Last edited by -Xerxes-; 2016-08-05 at 04:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saiona View Post
    Like the above post said. Do mythic manny without anyone in your guild using DBM or bigwigs please lol. It would be a nightmare
    and I'll say it again.
    If they want to make the playing field more level they should look at addons instead of the camera.
    But I'm a scrub so what do I know rite /clueless

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    its more of case of devs who have no balls and no confidence in their own product - it will have devastating resoults in long term - very bad for the game
    yeah how horrible, they brought back an extended camera distance after their playerbase advised that it was a bad decision. very game destroying

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by -Xerxes- View Post
    In game slider will be around 38 and people can increase it back to 50 with console command? I guess 38 still lets you don't lose any details then? So maybe don't give console command back for passing 38? (Before quote me and telling the things I know or making me see same harsh comments again and again, think that you might just get maxcam addon's exploit fixed and it become not working and you might end up with not receiving any increases on camera dinstance by Blizzard even)
    I'm playing since tbc and I was playing with 50 value always after I learn it, so that makes so many years with increased distance. But I was always disappointed with losing footprints on walking on snowy areas ie(that's one of the losing details part they are talking about?), it's really makes me feel less connected to my char as far as distance increases too.
    It's not just raiders, it's effect pvp too when someone approaches you from the sides or something.. So I never stoped using console command; that's one of the advantages too they were talking about ie. So yes it gives advantage to us against who don't know that console command; in both pve and pvp. Stop denying that and blaming each other please, maybe try to understand each other? Like blizzard did tonight
    I was unhappy too when they limited the max zoom. Then I get used to new camera zoom pretty quickly. So I wish they just make the in-game slider to max. possible value that let us not lose any details and not let console commands again. Because even I don't like 50 value due to losing details, I'll use it for sure. I also enjoy viewing more widely. I know it's looks like I support both increase and decrease limits in zoom, yes I do and I hope you can understand the points I'm talking about, before quote me.
    I believe the slider max will still be 28.5 but through a command we will be able to go up to somewhere between 28.5 and 50.

Raiders complained because WoW raiding isn't designed with the normal camera distance in mind. You're going to tell me that there's a single raid boss in, let's say, heroic HFC that can be successfully done by a group of players at regular camera distance? There isn't. Despite what the blues say, the game doesn't and hasn't worked that way, not even in vanilla. There are bosses in Ahn'Qiraj and Molten Core that are so large that regular camera zoom won't get you past their thighs.

I'll concede that that's more of an argument for shrinking the scale of boss fights than it is an argument for huge field of view. But since they presumably aren't going to be rewriting all the boss encounters of the past 6 expansions to account for a smaller FoV, and it isn't very fun or fair to try to catch players both coming and going on the issue, then the most reasonable solution is just to let players play how they've been playing.

and I'll say it again.
    If they want to make the playing field more level they should look at addons instead of the camera.
    But I'm a scrub so what do I know rite /clueless
    lol demolish the playing field. If they continue to make fights like they do now with a bajillionty mechanics but break addons like DBM and Bigwigs I wonder how many people would continue to raid. I know I wouldn't, I'd have my little bitch ass in mythic+ dungeons mon-thurs 10-1am lol.

I'm HOPING that the new zoom distance is acceptable, I'd prefer to not use addons but if it's still lameo city then I'll just find something else once they break maxcam.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

As a largely now five man dungeon runner the lower legion max was causing me issues while at the same time I did not use the previous zoom out to 50 aside from a few occasions. So no, it is not a raider only issue and if posters actually bothered to read the comments they would see even non-raiders having issues even in the open world. I do not see why players seem to be acting like others was cheating while they was playing the moral high ground.

Honestly who is holding the gun to the heads of those who are complaining that they now have to zoom out to be competitive, in a casual setting, with a casual approach? That they might lose there position on something that really shouldn't be a talking point in the relevant circles. It's dishonest beyond belief and only serves to bring down those who for whatever reason choose to want play with that zoom. Be it to perform better, to see more or just simply enjoying the option to do it. OPTION being the key here.

What to do you really gain for shitting on people that liked what was there, that you opted in to of your own choice. If the complaint is coming from a position of "I want to raid at the best I can and join the best team that I can but I want to make concessions on my part" then you need to get over that fact it is the best choice for those that want to perform at their desired level. Like it or not the standard of play over the years has gone up as well as what should be expected of players at every different level of play. Make peace with that, don't shit on other people for it in a salty rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    If WoW was designed by player vote, it would have closed down years ago
    You mean, when the last good expansion, Wrath of the Lich King was released? i totally agree with you