Unlearning profession saves your recipes?

Hello, I was wondering that if in Legion, when I unlearn a profession, do I get to save the recipes if I later want to change back to it again?
    was wondering since I want to change alchemy for engineering but i don't want to lose the sandstone drake recipe D:

No. It only saves legion recipes, everything else is lost
    See text on http://www.wowhead.com/item=139492/f...e-broken-isles
    Last edited by Shauren; 2016-08-05 at 11:35 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chipies View Post
    Hello, I was wondering that if in Legion, when I unlearn a profession, do I get to save the recipes if I later want to change back to it again?
    was wondering since I want to change alchemy for engineering but i don't want to lose the sandstone drake recipe D:
    You lose all your recipes, its been that way as long as I can remember.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

oh ok, thanks for the replies!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shauren View Post
    No. It only saves legion recipes, everything else is lost
    See text on http://www.wowhead.com/item=139492/f...e-broken-isles
    And that book that "saves" legion recipes costs 800g, so it's not free!

Think this means it'll be worth it to level with gathering profs and then switch to dual crafting when the first raid tier drops?

The learning professional recipes are available here

Deleted
    Be careful, though: With the book, you ONLY learn back the 1-star recipes you had before you unlearned the profession. Especially some of the 3-star ones are rather hard to get, so it might not be such a good idea to unlearn them after all.

Also, you will lose all your skill points. While that is not that bad for crafting purposes (you can craft almost everything at skill 1) or gathering purposes (you get the same amount of mats at skill 1 as you do at skill 800), you will need skill level 100 for gathering world quests to show up and skill level 300 for crafting world quests to show up.

FYI, The Book ONLY relearns recipes and ranks that were learned through Legion QUESTS. So you WILL lose any rank or recipe that were dropped or bought from the vendor.

Deleted
    Even that is not true: You will lose 2nd / 3rd star for gathering professions, even though they are earned through quests that drop from the nodes. These quests will then drop again, though. Tested it with Mining.

Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Even that is not true: You will lose 2nd / 3rd star for gathering professions, even though they are earned through quests that drop from the nodes. These quests will then drop again, though. Tested it with Mining.
    That sounds like a bug. I had all my Leystone ranks on Beta just now.

Last edited by Elvine; 2016-08-15 at 02:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    as i played on beta and changed my professions a lot, for mining for example i had to buy 2 of this books to get all of the ranks, dont know why. But Elvine is right, you only can relearn legion recipes you got from quests.