Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Sole proprietorship. About a dozen employees.

Sub Cs that that are grossing $25 million+ are not making tiny profits. If you understood what a Sub C actually is, and why small businesses use other models, you would see that the tax was put in place for a reason.
    You understand the difference between gross sales and profit right? If you are a restaurant , 8-10% profit margin is pretty standard(unless high class or fine dining) and you take 2.5% of that 8-10%? Changed the entire business.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post
    You understand the difference between gross sales and profit right? If you are a restaurant , 8-10% profit margin is pretty standard(unless high class or fine dining) and you take 2.5% of that 8-10%? Changed the entire business.
    Seems I was a little to high

"Full-Service Restaurants
    Full-service restaurants at all levels spent about 32 percent of each dollar on the cost of food and beverages, 33 percent on salaries and wages, and from 5 percent to 6 percent on restaurant occupancy costs. Profit margins, however, varied according to the cost of the average check per person. Those with checks under $15 showed a profit of 3 percent. Those with checks from $15 to $24.99 boasted the highest profit margin at 3.5 percent. Finally, those with checks of $25 and over had the lowest profits, at 1.8 percent

Quote Originally Posted by Kapadons View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Seems I was a little to high

"Full-Service Restaurants
    Full-service restaurants at all levels spent about 32 percent of each dollar on the cost of food and beverages, 33 percent on salaries and wages, and from 5 percent to 6 percent on restaurant occupancy costs. Profit margins, however, varied according to the cost of the average check per person. Those with checks under $15 showed a profit of 3 percent. Those with checks from $15 to $24.99 boasted the highest profit margin at 3.5 percent. Finally, those with checks of $25 and over had the lowest profits, at 1.8 percent
    And they are not sub Cs, so they are not affected. That is the problem with some people in this thread. They do not understand how certain business are set up. Example: Most restaraunts are either sole proprietorships, partnerships, LLCs or Sub S corporations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Sole proprietorship. About a dozen employees.

Sub Cs that that are grossing $25 million+ are not making tiny profits. If you understood what a Sub C actually is, and why small businesses use other models, you would see that the tax was put in place for a reason.
    I understand the difference, but that doesn't mean they make huge profits just because...

Anyways the business I run (and partially own) is broken down into several sub C's and S's with over 700 employees across Washington and Oregon. Each has their own FEIN numbers.

Also none of these businesses qualify for this tax yet, but it is only a matter of time before they do; either by increased sales or a new tax for Sub S (slippery slope theory).
    Last edited by zEmini; 2016-08-06 at 05:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    $1100 for a 1 bedroom is absurdly expensive? I pay $1480 for a 1 bedroom in Houston.
    I pay less than 1000 for a 3br 2ba house.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khuros View Post
    wow wow wow. Who the fuck do you think you are?
    That does pretty much sum Oregon up though. Its just that state that you have to travel through between Washington and California.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Is this tax how they pay for the village idiot to pump gas for everyone? Its beyond weird that people can't pump their own gas.

Now I take alot of pride on making it from Yreka to Kalama on one tank of gas. Efff those gas pumpers!
    You are far better off getting gas in Woodland and not Kalama, it costs 30 cents less per gallon.