Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Coins View Post
    Sorry USA, but you deserve BLM. You even deserve a more violent version of it.
    My favorite part of the movement is the people all lying on the ground yelling hands up don't shoot. I've seen so many videos of police beating the shit out of someone pinned to the ground and yelling "stop resisting". And they wonder why they are called pigs.

10+ Year Old Account
    SO MANY of these incidents could have been avoided, if the fools cooperated and not ran/drove away, hoping for... what, that police officers will give up and forget about them?

Although, I gotta say, the officers seem really untrained on the video, and the cam guy couldn't run for a few seconds without breathing like a hippo. Train harder, lazies!
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    SO MANY of these incidents could have been avoided, if the fools cooperated and not ran/drove away, hoping for... what, that police officers will give up and forget about them?

Although, I gotta say, the officers seem really untrained on the video, and the cam guy couldn't run for a few seconds without breathing like a hippo. Train harder, lazies!
    I've said before. Plenty of other ways to stop a car other than shooting the driver. Normally road blocks and spike strips are used in high speed chases

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a bunch of body cam vids from that event.
    In one you can see a cop who tries really hard, but he cannot climb over that door by the garage. That is embarrassing, and a destructive testament about the horrible quality assurance of the police force as a whole.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboubacar View Post
    I've said before. Plenty of other ways to stop a car other than shooting the driver. Normally road blocks and spike strips are used in high speed chases
    Well, sure. Shooting may have been an overkill. I just don't understand what the runaways hope to achieve in this kind of scenarios... This isn't GTA, you don't get away from Chicago police.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    There are a bunch of body cam vids from that event.
    In one you can see a cop who tries really hard, but he cannot climb over that door by the garage. That is embarrassing, and a destructive testament about the horrible quality assurance of the police force as a whole.
    Saw that too. Don't they have some physical standards they have to maintain to be allowed to work?
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    im not sayin he should have been killed for stealin a car, but if you dont wanna get shot you shouldnt steal a car and try to ram a cop with it
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Pretty much that.

Did the cop actually see a weapon? No.
    Is the guy about to pose an iminent threat to a bystander's life? No.

No cause for lethal force. If the kid gets away because you couldn't shoot him, he gets away. That's the preferable outcome, when the alternative is shooting an unarmed man.

Hell, I wouldn't even care if the guy had a gun, if it were holstered and he made no attempt to draw it.

Edit: Pre-emptively, I'll note that I realize this will put more officers at greater risk, and likely lead to increased officer fatalities. But that's the price you pay for taking the high road. If you just want cops to be the legally entitled gang that rules the streets with the government's say-so, then by all means, lock and load.

WRONG! Many criminals running from the police have run into the homes of innocent people and used them as hostages. So when a criminal is running away from the police after doing criminal things- who is to say they won't take it to the next level and harm or hold hostage a innocent bystander? I know you hate cops and white people, Endus but give it a break already.

we lost absolutely nothing of any notable worth..

he wasn't shot for being black. or unarmed. he was shot cos he had stolen a car, and then fled from the police. if he had done these simple things he would've been fine.

1, do not steal cars.
    2, if a guy with a gun. (cop or not.) says 'stop'... STOP.
    "There are no substitutes for violence of action and volume of fire. Move forward and shoot, always forward and shooting. The enemy will choose to fight and die or live and run either way move forward and shoot and he will fear you absolutely."
    - Otto Skoernzy

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Raise worthless scumbag kid, try to cash in on his death. Great parenting, A plus!
    Don't be foolish. There are plenty of people who had bad parents, and grew up to be fine people, and others who had great parents but grew up to be terrible people. Trying to blame parents for the outcome of their children is just kind of silly since it's not just "parents" but who the child's friends are and the community in which they live. For some, it doesn't relaly matter how good or bad the parent is. People are still responsible for themselves.

10+ Year Old Account

Saw that too. Don't they have some physical standards they have to maintain to be allowed to work?
    apparently not.
    And I am 100% convinced that the lack of fitness of the police force as a whole, contributes to the overuse of lethal force.

Kinda like.
    "Fuck you, I cannot catch you, but try outrunning my bullets you piece of shit"
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Unknown

He had already run into two other cars and rammed an occupied police cruiser head on about twenty seconds before they shot him.

Opinion based on literally nothing but conjecture.
    Wait so when he was out of the car he pulled a morty?

Because saying "well he rammed the car earlier" makes no fucking sense when he's on foot and not a car himself.

- - - Updated - - -

apparently not.
    And I am 100% convinced that the lack of fitness of the police force as a whole, contributes to the overuse of lethal force.

Kinda like.
    Like this fat cop who couldn't be bothered to catch a handcuffed girl

No. They go to the "academy" for six months and have little to no maintenance training after. I've seen police in my city drinking big gulp (1 liter sodas) and candy while reading their radar detectors

Quote Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
    Let me fix that for you:

Raise a son who has made a mistake punishable by prison and possibility of rehabilitation. Try to punish the Chicago Police Department the only way they can in a society where "eye for an eye" is frowned upon through the recourse of law for acting outside the law as Judge, Jury and executioner.

It is normal to try to rationalize your actions when confronted with the possibility you might have just made a horrible, horrible mistake.

I am not anti-police, btw, I think our guys in blue have a terrible terrible job. I am anti fear, and anti escalation. If the Police cannot de-escalate a situation, who is going to?
    Stealing anything isnt a mistake. Its breaking the law.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    the Police acted out of fear so they shot the man while he was on foot not knowing if he was armed or not for safety reasons.

yeah, police better shot every person they ever come across, everbody could be armed.

Don't exactly feel like killing this guy was appropriate.

When a group riots because the police kill a car thief that they claim represents them, it kind of makes everyone feel like they don't have a lot of real oppression directed at them. Just wait for the family that raised this car thief to come forward, talk about what a good guy he was, and how he never caused trouble for no one, and then people to block traffic in his name.

Don't be foolish. There are plenty of people who had bad parents, and grew up to be fine people, and others who had great parents but grew up to be terrible people. Trying to blame parents for the outcome of their children is just kind of silly since it's not just "parents" but who the child's friends are and the community in which they live. For some, it doesn't relaly matter how good or bad the parent is. People are still responsible for themselves.
    If your parents aren't responsible for how you turned out then they DEFINITELY shouldn't be receiving any sort of compensation for damages caused when the police put you down as a result of your criminal actions. I tend to agree with the premise somewhat you can't blame the parents 100% for everything, but as soon as they come looking for compensation they should be prosecuted for raising such terrible children because they're obviously trying to assume responsibility for their estate at that point. I realize no such law exists, but maybe you could consider it racketeering for supporting known criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Stealing anything isnt a mistake. Its breaking the law.
    I see that you're unfamiliar with the term "mistake" used for people who have broken the law at some point in their lives. Is English perhaps your second language?

Quote Originally Posted by izayoi80 View Post
    Well written.

I'm so tired of all the hate here on MMO-C, I don't understand why it's allowed. This site has unfortunately been going downhill for quite some time.

I'm all for smoking some stupid cunt trying to kill you or someone else, but these summary executions of unarmed people (and this one was shot in the back no less) are getting all too frequent.
    The guy did try to kill someone, He did it with the 2000 pound car he stole.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    He was running away. The cops blocked him but left an opening. Are you braindead? He wasn't shooting at police

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Don't exactly feel like killing this guy was appropriate.

When a group riots because the police kill a car thief that they claim represents them, it kind of makes everyone feel like they don't have a lot of real oppression directed at them. Just wait for the family that raised this car thief to come forward, talk about what a good guy he was, and how he never caused trouble for no one, and then people to block traffic in his name.

If your parents aren't responsible for how you turned out then they DEFINITELY shouldn't be receiving any sort of compensation for damages caused when the police put you down as a result of your criminal actions. I tend to agree with the premise somewhat you can't blame the parents 100% for everything, but as soon as they come looking for compensation they should be prosecuted for raising such terrible children because they're obviously trying to assume responsibility for their estate at that point. I realize no such law exists, but maybe you could consider it racketeering for supporting known criminals.
    Again that's completely stupid.

Hypothetical that shows how most parents feel in a situation like this -

"I loved my son he made bad decisions, we tried to steer him on the right path but he was just so stubborn. Now he's dead, shot by and over zealous person, shot in the back"

Oh yeah fuck that parent how dare they care for their child. Sue the parent!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    So his body was a vehicle?

10+ Year Old Account
    apparently not.

Kinda like.
    Pretty sure that's one of the factors, at least.
    Also, I've been in quite a few countries, and only in the US and Russia have I seen overweight cops in large numbers. That definitely isn't nice...

Quote Originally Posted by Aboubacar View Post
    No. They go to the "academy" for six months and have little to no maintenance training after. I've seen police in my city drinking big gulp (1 liter sodas) and candy while reading their radar detectors
    Just six months?! That's like, nothing. :/

I think police should have a near military-grade training, ideally.