Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Burger King to Introduce Whopperito Aug 15

http://adage.com/article/cmo-strateg..._medium=Social

Burger King's latest new item is taking a cue from Chipotle Mexican Grill, which is still reeling from a string of foodborne illness outbreaks.
    The Whopperito, which puts Whopper burger ingredients like beef, tomatoes, onions, lettuce and pickles inside a flour tortilla, will be sold nationally beginning Aug. 15. A queso sauce replaces the mayonnaise from the hamburger.
    "It's certainly one of the first times that we've tapped into the Tex-Mex category," Alex Macedo, North American president at Burger King, said in an interview. "It's one of the fastest-growing categories -- consumers like the freshness of it. They like the mix of flavors."

Man, I haven't had fast food in months.

Every time I try to leave something keeps pulling me back, *me back* telling me I need you in my life.

10+ Year Old Account
    See, if Trump builds his wall, no way delicious things like this would happen.

If Trump wins, Burger King will have to work haggis into their menu somehow.

I never had Chipotle. I'm kinda picky and never was a fan of random food mixing together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I never had Shitpotle. I'm kinda picky and never was a fan of random food mixing together.
    Fixed that for you.

Pancheros is sooooo much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've tried one of these already and it was pretty good and better than a Burrito Supreme (which I always thought were dogshit and one of the worst items on TB's menu) IMO.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I DEMAND PICTURES! article has no pictures makes me more hungry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by The BANNzoman View Post
    Fixed that for you.

Pancheros is sooooo much better.
    Qdoba is better than both of those options.

I wonder how many people are going to get food poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    You mean from the burrito whopper or the unsanityzed conditions at every burger king ever?
    Last edited by Shibito; 2016-08-09 at 12:00 AM.
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    I think people overstate food poisoning tbh. Only time I ever got food poisoning from fast food was in summer 1991 when my mom brought home a couple taco party packs from Taco Bell and her and I got the unlucky batch. Imagine two people curling up in covers in hot summer weather and shivering. That sucked!

The green meat pork won tons my brother got in 2003 was another case and the last time I ever got food poisoning but I don't count Chinese take out as fast food.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    You mean from the burrito whopper or the unsanityzed conditions at every burger king ever?
    Not every fast food joint is a teeming cesspool of incompetence ya know. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I think people overstate food poisoning tbh. Only time I ever got food poisoning from fast food was in summer 1991 when my mom brought home a couple taco party packs from Taco Bell and her and I got the unlucky batch. Imagine two people curling up in covers in hot summer weather and shivering. That sucked!

The green meat pork won tons my brother got in 2003 was another case and the last time I ever got food poisoning but I don't count Chinese take out as fast food.

- - - Updated - - -

Not every fast food joint is a teeming cesspool of incompetence ya know. :/
    Shit, mine are.

I went to BK a few months ago. Told em like 3 times no cheese on my sandwich, to which he got smart and said "We only put chesse on it if you ask".

Drive home. about to take a bite, and there's fucking chesse on my sandwich.

Yea, was just being silly lol. I had it one time, from Popeyes. My mom got food poisoning from Taco Bell as well. I remember those, black buns at burger king, fucked some people up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shit, mine are.

I went to BK a few months ago. Told em like 3 times no cheese on my sandwich, to which he got smart and said "We only put chesse on it if you ask".

Drive home. about to take a bite, and there's fucking chesse on my sandwich.
    That's your fault for not checking before leaving the store. Always check your fucking order! I double check everything, I don't even have pizzas delivered, I go pick them up and make sure they're right.

If its wrong though, never be a dick about it and yell though. I worked in fast food for 12 years and you will be remembered by some workers and they'll find small ways to slight you.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's your fault for not checking before leaving the store. Always check your fucking order! I double check everything, I don't even have pizzas delivered, I go pick them up and make sure they're right.

If its wrong though, never be a dick about it and yell though. I worked in fast food for 12 years and you will be remembered by some workers and they'll find small ways to slight you.
    They should know not to put cheese on my shit.

I get it though. Fast food sucks and there's little incentive to do your job. I know I couldn't do it.

So I never yell at em or nothing.

It looks not bad but I don't see the point of it. If I am going to burger king, I am going there for a double whopper. If I want a burrito, I will go to Santiago's or another Mexican restaurant.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should know not to put cheese on my shit.

I get it though. Fast food sucks and there's little incentive to do your job. I know I couldn't do it.

So I never yell at em or nothing.
    Now for the flipside, I HATED getting orders wrong and would bend over backwards to get right plus add in a lot of freebies for the trouble. That or refund the order on top of the food.

And for the record, I never defiled anyone's food and if I ever saw anyone doing it, they would get fired on the spot. I only ever saw two people doing it FWIW.

Wish we had mexican food in Norway or atleast mexican resturants, we get alot of kebab shops but no mexican food. And burger king is suprisingly dirty in Norway aswell.

I had their Red Angriest Whopper... It was actually really good but they advertised it as being hot and it was in no way or form a hot/spicy burger, not even remotely... But for sure it was good for a fast food burger, I'd like to have eaten one from a real restaurant using better ingredients/cooking skills, I bet it would be amazing.

I love mexican food so I'd try this Tex/Mex thing, but to be honest I go to Burger King maybe once per year when travelling/driving on the way to destination, so I might miss it.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

This sounds terrible. And not in a Taco Bell sort of way, where the food is still recognizably Mexican inspired. Just plain terrible. It's literally a Whopper ground up and thrown in a tortilla with cheese sauce instead of mayo. Ugh.

7+ Year Old Account
    No fastfood for me, I already sin a lot with liquor.