Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daara View Post
    About 7 seasons too slow for me. Win trading has been an issue since TBC and is just now being addressed. It's about time though, nothing better than seeing cheaters lose.
    7 seasons ago they hadn't invested in eSports like they have now. It's definitely late, but pretty welcome - too many people think cheating is a victimless crime, that everyone does it, and that's it's acceptable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skulver View Post
    Pity it is still very much a slap on the wrist. They get no season rewards for this season but otherwise no punishment. I mean if you are not going to get season rewards without cheating and the only punishment for getting caught is to not get rewards then you may as well cheat. If you get caught you haven't lost anything anyway.

I mean, why not do something meaningful, strip all past PvP rewards and titles from the account and flag the account so it can't get PvP rewards in the future. That would be at least some sort of deterrent assuming they are stopping short of doing anything significant like suspending or banning the account.
    They need to be consistent across the board, Battle.net-ise. Overwatch is permanent account closure - why should it be any different for WoW? It should be worse for WoW ranked play, to be honest, or ranked play in Diablo. Cheat in ranked play - you don't get to play anymore, at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treng View Post
    So the guy narrating this didn't try to make vengeance seem as fun as havoc. I wonder if that's because the script writer sucks or because vengeance sucks?
    Its because havoc sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Whatever kind of damage you think you do is kinda irrelevant to be honest. Taking lackluster talents is never a good idea. If you take prepaired there is literally no reason to not also take momentum. Which rules out fel eruption.

If you didnt take felblade you most likely took bloodlet and are using it as part of your rotation?

Anyway it leaves you with 1 generator, 2 spenders and 2 cd's to use. (Demons bite, Chaos strike, Blade dance, Throw glave and Chaos Nova)

Chaos nova being around equal cd time as Eye Beam,

The only complex part about this spec is having the 15 fury for Blade dance every 7-10 seconds. Everything else is just: Use when not on cd.

Most likely those talents arent worth takiing anyway :/

You wanted to make a spec where you had some buttons to push, and you can do that.

Its not an increase in dps however.
    You have to wait until you get into the artifact weapon to see its complexity, like going into demon form every 15-20 seconds because generating extra soul fragments is beneficial with a specific trait, it makes them reduce the cd of eye beam which with the right talent triggers demon form after it is done. It is pretty sweet, and bloodlet + master of the glaive is a great rotational ability and with 2 charges you can snapshot and AOE snapshot. I like it.
    Last edited by Unholyground; 2016-08-08 at 02:27 AM.

I wish Blizz had the same attitude with PVE cheaters that pay gold or real cash for Mythic runs or gold challenge dungeons. Mounts, titles and transmog removed would be nice. As well as bans for boosting guilds. It's a real plague on live and drive crazy inflation on the AH / unfair competition on the BMAH.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    We came within a hair's width of having digital pre-orders get an exclusive Glaive skin, is more the the problem. I'm fine with not playing DH until launch, but if they'd gotten a special weapon appearance for pre-ordering when people getting the COLLECTORS edition would miss out for buying the most expensive bells-and-whistles version of the game, it would be an issue.
    For fucks sake they dont even LOOK that good, does it matter that much?

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Europe has never gotten anything before the US.
    You get access to expansions at midnight your time on the day of release. Which is ~8 hours ahead of US time, claiming that this only "Seems like" you're getting it first is wrong, you get it eight hours before the US, because you're in a different time zone.

15+ Year Old Account

Demon Hunter Preview, Upcoming PvP Stat Template Changes, Season 3 Disqualifications

Quote Originally Posted by Twiztedterry View Post
    You get access to expansions at midnight your time on the day of release. Which is ~8 hours ahead of US time, claiming that this only "Seems like" you're getting it first is wrong, you get it eight hours before the US, because you're in a different time zone.
    We get it the same time US players gets it. Everything else we get 24 hours later.

I got surprised over when pre patch hit, many US players on this very forum didn't believe when I said EU players would get the patch 24 hours after US players - after 11 years of this favorism
    Last edited by Phurox; 2016-08-08 at 06:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phurox View Post
    We get it the same time US players gets it. Everything else we get 24 hours later.

I got surprised over when pre patch hit, many US players on this very forum didn't believe when I said EU players would get the patch 24 hours after US players - after 11 years of this favorism
    Nope, Nope, NOPE. They even had a countdown clock for US and EU release of Cata and MoP to show the difference. EU got the expack release at 3am, while it was still 8pm on East Coast. Getting patched 24hrs after US is just a translation and data ship issue. But to think that for competitive guilds, an 8hr advantage is only a "seems" like, or intangible benefit, then you must not be competitive. 8hrs can mean the difference between best in slot pre-raid, or just close enough.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    I wish Blizz had the same attitude with PVE cheaters that pay gold or real cash for Mythic runs or gold challenge dungeons.
    Paying gold for boosts is perfectly in line with the Blizzard ToS. Nothing wrong with paying in-game gold for whatever. It's only paying with real-life money that is bannable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    Nope, Nope, NOPE. They even had a countdown clock for US and EU release of Cata and MoP to show the difference. EU got the expack release at 3am, while it was still 8pm on East Coast. Getting patched 24hrs after US is just a translation and data ship issue. But to think that for competitive guilds, an 8hr advantage is only a "seems" like, or intangible benefit, then you must not be competitive. 8hrs can mean the difference between best in slot pre-raid, or just close enough.
    So 8 hours headstart every expansion means EVERYTHING, but 24 hour headstart each big content patch means nothing? Gotcha.

Vengeance is probably a mid-tier tank when it comes to complexity. They have a lot utility in Mythic+ dungeons which makes them a little more complex, but a little less complex in raid tanking.
    I really laughed at this one. My old DK tanks were more complex then a demon hunter tank before the Balloney pruning. Now DK tanks just suck with a bad rotation, and lack of abilities, but still This made me laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    For fucks sake they dont even LOOK that good, does it matter that much?
    Does it matter that much that they almost added an extra pre-order bonus at the last minute that has a longer-lasting effect than simple early access when the version of the game that would prevent a player from getting a digital pre-order in the first place is the edition made specifically for players who like to collect things?

It kinda does, yeah. Gotta nip it in the bud now before it starts becoming the norm. Might be a crappy item model now but in the future it could be a good one, or something even better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    "Buy the game twice" isn't a reasonable solution.
    Buy a standard edition, than enter CE key and they should refund the standard edition - that is what they did last expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetesh View Post
    Buy a standard edition, than enter CE key and they should refund the standard edition - that is what they did last expansion.
    Well that's not what they're doing. Their Q&A on the topic, as well as Game Masters and devs on Twitter, have all said what they'll do is 'refund' you a copy of the digital key you initially used, which you can then "give to a friend!".

This assumes too much to be useful, particularly if you want cash back, though I'd even settle for Battle.net Balance so I could buy some character services, to be honest. Unfortunately, the system as it currently stands is "buy the game twice and try to fence a Legion digital key after Legion comes out to someone interested in the game who hasn't bought Legion yet and doesn't want the pre-order bonuses".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetesh View Post

That is in fact, buying the game twice. Who are you going to give this key too? Are you that wealthy you can just buy 1 expansion at the price of two? Who would buy a Legion key from a stranger at blizz retail price? The whole concept is pointless. Especially with Demon Hunter early access, everyone I know already pre-purchased. It's just moneygrabbing greed, even worse than last year.

Your right. It's totally favoritism. I mean, why wouldn't they roll out to the EU, you know - since the company HQ is based there - oh wait.....hmmmm.... Funny thing - it's actually NOT based in the EU. It's in Irvine, California? Weird. I don't know how that happened. This is sarcasm, by the way. It's completely aimed at you.

What is Win Trading

Just curious, but what is win trading and how does it work? I don't PvP much, and this is a weird concept for me. If you're playing against another team, how exactly can they trade for a win and screw you over? I mean, if you just hand them the fight for something in return, how is that screwing you over? I see people say they've been win traded on, clearly as a bad thing. I'm just confused by that. Seems to me that it would be bad for everyone else, but how would you know it was done to you specifically?

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly the season 3 disqualifications isn't enough. Ban their accounts. If they choose to make another account so be it.

In some cases legitimate and honest players miss out on opportunities BECAUSE of these people who manipulate the ladder and engage in unfair/dishonest game play or cheating. In some cases good players have simply quit because the integrity of the game has gotten so bad.

Kickbotting is a PERFECT example of this... a problem that will continue into Legion. Get into a high enough ranking and it will feel like every other team you play is cheating using these kickbots. But don't you dare start using it yourself because we MIGHT ban you. But good luck increasing your rank without it!

I know that the argument is made that these players will likely just create a second account. Let them. For some people the risk of losing things they could NOT get back is enough to keep them from doing it.

But lets say you are a mediocre player, and you probably wouldn't ever get end of season rewards anyway. If you cheat and then are disqualified, you haven't really lost anything. Because had you not cheated you wouldn't have got it anyway. So your "punishment" isn't really a punishment at all.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-08-08 at 06:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So 8 hours headstart every expansion means EVERYTHING, but 24 hour headstart each big content patch means nothing? Gotcha.
    I see your hyperbole, well played. The 24hr headstart every tier is meaningless because American guilds simply cannot devote the amount of time needed to keep a prolonged raid marathon like the europeans can. True, we also don't dedicate enough time to alt runs and split runs.. They both play a part. Most americans, from what I can see... aren't taking the time off for expac launches like they used to (like, TBC, wrath, and Cata where people took that day off, and managed to level cap within the day).. this is partially the result of blizz procrastinating the release of raid content. And further to my original post: When the EU gets the expack 8hrs before US, and has 24hrs of gear farming time before their side of the race starts, that means they essentially have an extra 36hrs of gear farming before the actual starts. Server downtime not withstanding.

TL;DR
    The 8hrs advantage isn't the absolute.. it is simply a component that plays a part.
    "When you build it, you love it!"