Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Legion Developer Interviews, Legion - Infernal Mounts, DLC #546

Windows 10 Update Issue, Top 10 Best Builds for S7

Popular Decks of the Week for August 7

Auriel Releases This Week & Brawl With the Blues, WTF Moments #60, Funny & WP #78

Overwatch World Cup Starts in September

Legion Developer Interviews
    Some other sites interviewed the developers about Demon Hunters and got a few answers that haven't been covered in other interviews.

Vanion
    • There are still parts of the Dark Whispers event that players didn't figure out during the time it was active on beta.
    • When you turn into a Dreadlord you get 6,666% additional health and raid boss power level abilities.
    • Vengeance is probably a mid-tier tank when it comes to complexity. They have a lot utility in Mythic+ dungeons which makes them a little more complex, but a little less complex in raid tanking.

PCGamer
    • Legion invasion events will scale from Level 10 to 100.
    • Garrison building tech saved the day and allowed for the invasions to spawn in large buildings and really take over the zones.
    • The team didn't spend enough time in Warlords or make use of the assets and story there well.
    • Legion is going to be a longer expansion with more patches so that the story is told well
    • The Warlords quests that just required you to fill a bar with no story weren't great.
    • The last two expansions together have taught the team where they need to spend their time and effort in terms of evolving WoW.
    • Not doing Demon Hunters until now means that their mobility and other things that weren't possible with Burning Crusade tech could be realized well.

Legion - Infernal Mounts
    Legion adds infernal mounts as drops from Gul'dan in The Nighthold. The Hellfire Infernal drops in Mythic and Felblaze Infernal in Heroic and Normal. There are three other colors with no assigned sources.

Dark Legacy Comics #546 - Little Hunters
    DLC #546 has been released!

Last edited by chaud; 2016-08-08 at 08:49 AM.

Garrison tech made invasions feesable. Thats cool.

It's cool to hear about how tech developed for one area allows for new stuff in other areas.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sociald1077 View Post

It's cool to hear about how tech developed for one area allows for new stuff in other areas.
    I always find it cool how they manage to repurpose the tech they made for one thing for something else, for example the whole concept of the personal garrison zone is just the zone-sharding tech on steroids.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

They should make the other 3 drop in lfr if you can do over 20k. Then they'll be rare.

Legion is going to be a longer expansion .

heh i call it now - 3 years expansion with tier 20 and t 21 being both 14+months tiers ^^ :P:P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sociald1077 View Post
    Well, it let them do more with them than just have demons spawn in zones. With invasions it actually spawns huge citadels that work as actual buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    They should make the other 3 drop in lfr if you can do over 20k. Then they'll be rare.
    lol. Maybe they should add a special mechanic that if you get hit by 10 abilities that are avoidable, you dont get it.

If it's a larger expansion I hope we get more regular content patches, a dungeon here, a raid there, throw in a quest hub. That would be better than having a massive patch with nothing the following 14 months. They also need to diversify the loot, more pets, mounts and transmog skins. Gear is so easy to obtain its no longer the driving force it once was.

The team didn't spend enough time in Warlords or make use of the assets and story there well.
    Legion is going to be a longer expansion with more patches so that the story is told well
    As long as the patches are fairly frequent, maybe 3-4 months throughout, I've no problem with a longer expansion. The problem has never been that expansions last too long, but rather that the final patch of each expansion lasts too long. I genuinely hope we get some like the Lion's Landing / Domination Point style of story telling again. MoP had some incredible story telling, you can argue that the story itself wasn't the best but it was the best told.

The Warlords quests that just required you to fill a bar with no story weren't great.
    I thought that ever since they were implemented. Sure, a lot of player skim over the details, but the context was important to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Backjauer View Post
    As long as the patches are fairly frequent, maybe 3-4 months throughout, I've no problem with a longer expansion. The problem has never been that expansions last too long, but rather that the final patch of each expansion lasts too long.
    It depends what you expect in a patch, FF14 does 3-4month patches and its arguably detrimental, features are rushed, testings not done well enough and they end up shipping what sounded great on paper but it being very lacklustre in execution which may not be the case had they had an extra month or so.

Patch pacing is definiately a problem though if they expect an expansion to last 2 years they dont want to be releasing all the planned raid content within the 1st.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would think that something along the lines of an absolute minimum for patch release would be about 4 months, but best would be 6 months gives people a decent amount of time to do what is current before dropping in something new.. But will have to wait and see what they come up with, and the DL comic had me laughng..

Quote Originally Posted by deadfusion View Post
    It depends what you expect in a patch, FF14 does 3-4month patches and its arguably detrimental, features are rushed, testings not done well enough and they end up shipping what sounded great on paper but it being very lacklustre in execution which may not be the case had they had an extra month or so.

Patch pacing is definiately a problem though if they expect an expansion to last 2 years they dont want to be releasing all the planned raid content within the 1st.
    They do internal testing with FF14 and fix any bugs before it goes out. Any found after get hotfixed which is usually a mini patch or 2. I'd say their patches are just as polished as Blizzards and they do public and internal testing. And no feature has come out so far that is borderline unplayable. Also Blizzard have said for years they don't want a drought and at this point it's all just bullshit until they actually sort that out.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-08-08 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    heh i call it now - 3 years expansion with tier 20 and t 21 being both 14+months tiers ^^ :P:P
    I'd bet money that you're correct. Also, the last expansion.

Blizzard is trying to ease people into purchasing a new Warcraft game that's more akin to God of War/Demon Souls.
    Last edited by gnarles; 2016-08-09 at 05:28 AM.

"- The last two expansions together have taught the team where they need to spend their time and effort in terms of evolving WoW."
    "- Not doing Demon Hunters until now means that their mobility and other things that weren't possible with Burning Crusade tech could be realized well."

It was never about the tech.
    Yea... and the truth is? no moola, no talk

So what's the drop rate for these mounts? Same as old "normal" mount drops? What about Mythic?

Deleted
    that mount walks like my grandmom in high heels

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Well, it let them do more with them than just have demons spawn in zones. With invasions it actually spawns huge citadels that work as actual buildings.

and spaceships, don't forget the spaceships

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scroolooseuk View Post
    and spaceships, don't forget the spaceships
    Dimensional ships*

Deleted
    Legion invasion events will scale from Level 10 to 100.
    Do we know how much XP can be gained here? I'm leveling with a friend now, we're around 85. Does it make any sense to go to the invasions before we reach lvl 100?

Why are the Heroic/mythic mounts the same (besides color obviously), something to differentiate the two modes other than color would have been cool.