Thread: Nethershards?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Nethershards?

So in the demon you get a "currency" called nethershard, bla bla bla..

Lets just get down to the question...

So, as i've understood you get like 40-50 nethershards pr invasion.
    That makes a total ( 6 invasions ) of 300 nethershards.

To get Ex - A weapon upgrade and transmog set - you will need 350 nethershards.

So basicly i can guess that its possible to farm more than theese 6 invasions.

My question lies in this -
    Is it possible to redo the invasions? Perhabs as much as you want, or do they reset, how long do they last, do they reappear and then able to redo, or how does this work?

Really wanna be ready for this!

Deleted
    That's not an unique event.

Each time an invasion spawn on the map, you can do it.

As I understand it you will get em any time you do an invasion, not just the first time you do it.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sort of like Rifts in Rift or FATE in FFXIV or Public Quest in Warhammer Online. Do them over and over again, farm Nethershards and get those XMOG stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

7+ Year Old Account
    you can do the invasions as much as you want, the invasion you did just has to reset.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember reading somewhere that at the start they'll happen every 4 hours or so, mainly in distant and remote places like Tanaris, but as time goes on they get more frequent and closer to Org/SW, all the way to our doorsteps. In the last week I imagine they'll be showering nethershards on us.

10+ Year Old Account
    also worth noting, you get battle chests for participating in the events, the more you do, the more chests you get, which has the same gear in them as the vendor. so dont get so wrapped around the shard currency thinking thats the only way, the shards are more for targeted purchases.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    also worth noting, you get battle chests for participating in the events, the more you do, the more chests you get, which has the same gear in them as the vendor. so dont get so wrapped around the shard currency thinking thats the only way, the shards are more for targeted purchases.
    There are rare pets you can buy with those shards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MouseD View Post
    hence the point of the word targeted. but people are mostly focused around gear, as if they can only get everything via shards at a vendor. which isnt the case thanks to loot boxes from the actual events.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    fuck the invasions, bring on the dark whispers :P

I wouldn't call them rare, if you can simply buy them.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Might have meant they are Rare quality...

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Once event is over they are rare. So one has to get them now making them a rare item once gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    fuck the invasions, bring on the dark whispers :P
    they sound amazing but I am also sure that after not too long you will have people crying about the Dreadlords stomping around SW or wherever. I assume you will be able to stomp players otherwise what would be the fun in that ??
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Deleted
    Dayum, when I heard about the invasions, I thought I could get 725 gear or even 735 gear (with 2/2)
    But it seems like you can only upgrade the weapons to 725 and they aren't 0/2 or anything like that, are they? Considering how quickly you can get ilvl700 and ilvl 710 through PvP, I'm a bit disappointed.

Pets, as in plural?

As far as I know, there is only one pet to buy

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    mainly in distant and remote places like Tanaris,
    First invasion I saw after logging in today was in Barrens :P
    I was in Org.. Remote my ass, Blizz! :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Dayum, when I heard about the invasions, I thought I could get 725 gear or even 735 gear (with 2/2)
    But it seems like you can only upgrade the weapons to 725 and they aren't 0/2 or anything like that, are they? Considering how quickly you can get ilvl700 and ilvl 710 through PvP, I'm a bit disappointed.
    Honestly thought it would be higher aswell. Maybe when we start getting closer to legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Honestly thought it would be higher aswell. Maybe when we start getting closer to legion?
    I don't mean this as a complaint at all but I am a little surprised they didn't make it RNG loot as in legion style loot that can Titanforge / gem slot and all that. Seems like a missed opportunity in a event that is very repeat based to show off and get people familiar with how it's about to work.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    Isn't 725 PvE gear better in PvP than 735 PvP gear though?

The PvP gear is not easy to get. I played for straight 8 hours PvP, and lost every single battle. Guess how many Marks I got? Zero.