Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Get survival books, release the animals, find seeds, storage shitload of can food and water. Then get away from cities because they will burn after a couple of days without maintenance. After a few months, explore the cities for more stuff and books.

Besides losing my girlfriend, I really don't mind being alone at all.
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2016-08-08 at 10:24 PM.

Deleted
    Find the hottest looking female corpse and go to town.

Is there some sort of threat out in the world? Like zombies?

If not, the only answer is move to Costa Rica, live on the Playa Conchal, learn how to harvest sweet fruits and make rum.

On the other hand, if that's too boring, I'd want to go somewhere nice but also has access to a great library. Beaches + books. And of course learning how to make rum.

Fuck it, just find a rum depot. You have no competition, right, I'm sure you can find a lifetime's supply of rum.

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    Law 101. Burden of proof is on the accuser / person claiming that X thing is not real. Otherwise there is no case. Wild Claims are only "wild claims" if the person that seeks to call them that can provide admissible proof that proves them as unreasonable or false.
    If that's the case, then it is up to you to disprove my claim, that universe was created by ten pink invisible space unicorns, who flew a galaxy sized antimatter bomb into a super massive blackhole, detonated to break it, and thus releasing all the matter out of it.

Be my guest.

-> Crap without proof can be dismissed without any. Such is the case of "holy texts".
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Go from house to house turning on all showers, hoses, and faucets.
    Repeat until I die or the earth is pure water.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    A little thought experiment I'm having fun with lately.

Let's say all of humanity is wiped out in a non-cataclysmic way (a disease or something that doesn't immediately destroy any infrastructure). Let's also say that you are given 24 hours wherein everything functions normally - electricity, water, even internet. How do you spend your first 24 hours, and what would your long-term game plan be?

EDIT: I am conservatively assuming that things like the internet would only last a very short time without human maintenance. When I think about this, I'm thinking things like "Okay, 10 hours devoted to survival research, 10 hours to downloading movies/games, and 4 hours for misc." etc.

I know I'd probably spend the first 24 hours on the internet gathering information about everything I possibly could. Priorities would be wilderness survival, locations of key stores and natural resources, and etc. I'd probably want to move to Florida or something, since living in Boston would significantly add to survival difficulty in wintertime.

I have more, but I'm curious to see how other people would spend their first day alone.
    Do you have unlimited access to any and everything? I can go anywhere do anything for 24 hours?

Cuz I'd probably just use it looking for specific people's nudes. Everyone has em... so if I have access to to it for 24 hours... I'd want to see most of the people I know nude. So go through their houses or phones/computers. What can I say I'm a creeper... at least I can admit it. Can you?
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2016-08-08 at 10:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bury my family that I can easily reach then off myself, who the fuck would want to be the last living human?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see this happening. If me and my wife were the last people alive I would get to work repopulating the earth though.

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Bury my family that I can easily reach then off myself, who the fuck would want to be the last living human?
    Kanye West probably wouldn't have a problem with it.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Kanye West probably wouldn't have a problem with it.
    Him and his gigantic ego would be dead anyway, so fuck that guy xD
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Probably in a state of utter shock and panic as I realize I must live a solo agrarian life style as all infrastructure is effectively dead w/o people to operate it.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I don't see this happening. If me and my wife were the last people alive I would get to work repopulating the earth though.
    Do you understand the problems with repopulating from only 2 people?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    The imaginary wife thing might also make things problematic.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    That's why my idea involved only me and a sperm bank. Pop out 10 kids with 10 different fathers, or hopefully 10 daughters and then use the sperm bank another round, or if I did make boys and girls at least the inbreeding coefficient would be a lot less since they all would have different fathers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Not sure if it was covered or not but will there be 7 billion corpses decomposing around the world? Major populated hubs would literally be buffets for carnivores.

I find it interesting folks are prioritizing entertainment over survival if their intention is to actually survive. I would think the first order of business would be to gather weapons and familiarize yourself with the actual use of those weapons if you are unfamiliar. In the short term food and water will not be an issue. Given enough time it will be risky to enter open stores for food considering dangerous animals will also be likely to take advantage of not only the food but also the corpses waiting to be scavenged. Inside a Walmart there will be hundreds of decomposing corpses and perishing food. It would be smart to wear a gas mask when entering locations like those.

I would prioritize arming myself. I am already familiar with guns but I would still want to improve my marksmanship with a variety of weapons in order to be proficient for hunting and protection. I would gather supplies I would need in the short terms. Last I would make plans to travel to a location I can hold up in for the long term. If you are a young person you may have 70 years ahead of you. You might be surprised how many things will perish or simply fail to work early on in that time span without any maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Probably in a state of utter shock and panic as I realize I must live a solo agrarian life style as all infrastructure is effectively dead w/o people to operate it.
    You could probably find more than enough canned food and vitamins to survive the rest of your life. We are talking about everyone just vanishing, not a nuclear fall out.

The first store near you would probably keep you fed for a very long time just on non-perishables from that one location unless you are that fat guy from Lost.

Now imagine slowly stock piling vits and food from all stores in a 10 mile radius. Probably wouldn't have enough room to store it all unless you in turn built a storage unit for all of it.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-08-09 at 12:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    You could probably find more than enough canned food and vitamins to survive the rest of your life.
    If you think canned food and vitamins last 30-40 years...welllllllllllllllllllllllll....I've got bad news for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    If you think canned food and vitamins last 30-40 years...welllllllllllllllllllllllll....I've got bad news for you.
    Keep in mind that when a company says canned food goes bad, what they mean is "the quality we expect it to remain at and what we consider optimal".

People find 30 year old MRE's all the time and eat them for shits and giggles without issue.

Keep it out of extreme heat in a dark place and its all good.

Just one quick quote from a survivalist forum:

As long as the seal is intact they will not go bad. They recently opened some from right after the civil war, and while the quality had gone downhill, they were not spoiled. I have personally ate C rations from WW2 and I'm still alive!

The date on the can is a "best by" date rather than an expiration date. Hormel, Del Monte and a few other canneries, along with the FDA or USDA (forgot which) are on record as saying that canned foods are safe to eat indefinately as long as the can remains safely sealed. The key here is the can remaining safely sealed.
    Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-08-09 at 12:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Keep in mind that when a company says canned food goes bad, what they mean is "the quality we expect it to remain at and what we consider optimal".

People find 30 year old MRE's all the time and eat them for shits and giggles without issue.

Keep it out of extreme heat in a dark place and its all good.
    I certainly wouldn't want to hope I find the one can of unexpired beans in a supermarket 40 years from now.

Keep in mind you no longer have climate control so you have freeze/thaw cycles or extreme heat in most places -- not to mention no ability to control moisture.

You aren't going to be able to reliably live on canned food -- probably not even 10-20 years after you lose power.

I wonder what will happen to the animals, like years and years after humans have been dead. Maybe something similar, like in the After Earth movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.