Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by deadfusion View Post
    It depends what you expect in a patch, FF14 does 3-4month patches and its arguably detrimental, features are rushed, testings not done well enough and they end up shipping what sounded great on paper but it being very lacklustre in execution which may not be the case had they had an extra month or so.

Patch pacing is definiately a problem though if they expect an expansion to last 2 years they dont want to be releasing all the planned raid content within the 1st.
    Final Fantasy does tiny patch that you can clear within a week every 3-4 months. Wow does 4-6 months at the start, and not a whole lot of people end up clearing the content.

Excited for a longer expansion, no real reason to make expansions shorter as long as there is some sort of new content every 6-8 months or so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    They do internal testing with FF14 and fix any bugs before it goes out. Any found after get hotfixed which is usually a mini patch or 2. I'd say their patches are just as polished as Blizzards and they do public and internal testing. And no feature has come out so far that is borderline unplayable. Also Blizzard have said for years they don't want a drought and at this point it's all just bullshit until they actually sort that out.

Not to turn this into an FF14 vs WoW debate, most of the patches are well polished, but to say features aren't rushed, and the testing is up to standard is questionable. Diadem, LoV, Hunts, PotD, Gold Saucer all highly anticipated features, non of which came close to what was described on paper and in the case of Diadem and Hunts highly rushed, which is the point I was getting at is had they had that extra month to develop it could have been much closer to what was described, it does feel more like they got to a point where it works just ship it and have left it in the half assed state still because they just dont have time to devote to it while sticking to deadlines.

Then theres testing, WAR original incarnation near unplayable any hard content, Twintania twisters broken, elevation bug still not fixed, T2 enrage broken, T13 pushing the phase, Gordias Savage 3/4 way overtuned, A4S royal pentacle, exploit/major bug, Midas A6 had to be largely retuned because again way overtuned, Ramuh Titan Egi being the tank to use trivialising the fight bug, Titan being able to bug him out from attacking, Titan the whole 1st half of ARR granted servers were a big factor but proper testing should have found that it was a big issue for anyone not in JP or sat ontop of thier exchange. Yes some got fixed, many they just said fuck it its too late strategies have been made (twintania, T2, A4S) and some of them are pretty much borderline unplayable because they destroy the integrity of the fight.

I do enjoy the faster patches in FF14 though granted the content is not for me as I require at least some challenge in the game I play and 4 hard fights every 6month with what I personally find braindead easy everything else inbetween isnt something Im willing to pay for atm. But I honestly feel if they hadn't confined them self to a 3month patch cycle some content could be way better than we got if they could have spent more time on it.

All I was getting at is if they do plan to release faster patches, they don't want to confine themself to an artifical deadline, they should be allowed the leway to say we don't think this is ready its going to be extra (insert time period that isn't taking the piss) and we as players should be able to have that bit of extra patience for them to get it right, rather than immediately jump on the forums to whine as if Blizzard just barged in your house, kicked your dog and pissed on Grandma.

Quote Originally Posted by deadfusion View Post
    Not to turn this into an FF14 vs WoW debate, most of the patches are well polished, but to say features aren't rushed, and the testing is up to standard is questionable. Diadem, LoV, Hunts, PotD, Gold Saucer all highly anticipated features, non of which came close to what was described on paper and in the case of Diadem and Hunts highly rushed, which is the point I was getting at is had they had that extra month to develop it could have been much closer to what was described, it does feel more like they got to a point where it works just ship it and have left it in the half assed state still because they just dont have time to devote to it while sticking to deadlines.

Then theres testing, WAR original incarnation near unplayable any hard content, Twintania twisters broken, elevation bug still not fixed, T2 enrage broken, T13 pushing the phase, Gordias Savage 3/4 way overtuned, A4S royal pentacle, exploit/major bug, Midas A6 had to be largely retuned because again way overtuned, Ramuh Titan Egi being the tank to use trivialising the fight bug, Titan being able to bug him out from attacking, Titan the whole 1st half of ARR granted servers were a big factor but proper testing should have found that it was a big issue for anyone not in JP or sat ontop of thier exchange. Yes some got fixed, many they just said fuck it its too late strategies have been made (twintania, T2, A4S) and some of them are pretty much borderline unplayable because they destroy the integrity of the fight.

I do enjoy the faster patches in FF14 though granted the content is not for me as I require at least some challenge in the game I play and 4 hard fights every 6month with what I personally find braindead easy everything else inbetween isnt something Im willing to pay for atm. But I honestly feel if they hadn't confined them self to a 3month patch cycle some content could be way better than we got if they could have spent more time on it.

All I was getting at is if they do plan to release faster patches, they don't want to confine themself to an artifical deadline, they should be allowed the leway to say we don't think this is ready its going to be extra (insert time period that isn't taking the piss) and we as players should be able to have that bit of extra patience for them to get it right, rather than immediately jump on the forums to whine as if Blizzard just barged in your house, kicked your dog and pissed on Grandma.
    There is patience then there is 14 months. And nearly just as long droughts since Wrath. They said themselves they don't want droughts so they need to get off their asses and fix it at this point.

I wonder what the undiscovered parts of the Dark Whispers event were/are...

Legion is going to be a longer expansion with more patches so that the story is told well
    Cool. The longer, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloriandus View Post
    I wonder what the undiscovered parts of the Dark Whispers event were/are...
    Guess we may never know. Is it a good thing that time and effort went into designing something that was never found or used a good thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Cool. The longer, the better.
    Longer doesn't mean better when it comes to wow.

Could just mean longer with no real content to play. Your patches coudl very likely be more twitter feeds and camera angles and some other BS as they claim it's their biggest patch to date.

Their wording is not all that great there to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta love that Infernal swagger walk animation lol goes great with Daft Punk - Get Lucky as i just found out ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Guess we may never know. Is it a good thing that time and effort went into designing something that was never found or used a good thing?
    Because now that people know there is something more, it is more likely to be found. Probably being one of the few times something truly unexpected happened in WoW since forever.

One thing I've noticed about the garrison tech is that in the case of the garrison, it seems to utilize resources like crazy compared to normal areas of the game. It is easily the most strenous area of the game, even solo in there is more stress than a 40 raid. I could see this become a problem, even if it's not noticeable on all systems of course.

My takeaway is that demon hunter in German (damone jäger) is just as epic looming and sounding as its English counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    Because now that people know there is something more, it is more likely to be found. Probably being one of the few times something truly unexpected happened in WoW since forever.
    True. I miss the things that happened like the plague in IF. Those were the days.

"The team didn't spend enough time in Warlords or make use of the assets and story there well.
    Well thank goodness that the Devs realized this. After the great storytelling in Mists including patches 5.1 and 5.3 which gave us story in different ways (really like the story quests interspersed within daily questing model), Warlords was garbage. I'm really hopeful that Blizz means to really go back to delivering a solid story through an expansion. With all of the lore that we are getting from the class order halls, artifacts, raids, dungeons, questing, and world quests just to name a few, I am very excited to absorb all of that sweet sweet story content.

The Warlords quests that just required you to fill a bar with no story weren't great.
    While I agree, I don't understand why they then put them all over the Broken Isles as well. Oh yeah, cause it saves them time and they can do less work.

Well at least they kind of admitted that WoD's story was awful, and they're done spouting the "we want expansions to come out faster" bullshit

They do internal testing with FF14 and fix any bugs before it goes out. Any found after get hotfixed which is usually a mini patch or 2. I'd say their patches are just as polished as Blizzards and they do public and internal testing. And no feature has come out so far that is borderline unplayable. Also Blizzard have said for years they don't want a drought and at this point it's all just bullshit until they actually sort that out.
    I've seen FFXIV push some pretty bad patch content. Diadem released in a giant loot piñata that promoted everyone flock to a single location. Simultaneously group members would go gathering leaving the few left trying to kill things unable to obtain credit. They ended up hotfixing it but did so in a manner that it turned into a wasteland quickly. I quit shortly after as the relic grind was more tedious than fun, but I wouldn't say they polish anything better than blizz. They simply do an even worse job with communication & the community accepts it. It's a good game, don't get me wrong, but it definitely has it's issues just like WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by ejpaints View Post
    I've seen FFXIV push some pretty bad patch content. Diadem released in a giant loot piñata that promoted everyone flock to a single location. Simultaneously group members would go gathering leaving the few left trying to kill things unable to obtain credit. They ended up hotfixing it but did so in a manner that it turned into a wasteland quickly. I quit shortly after as the relic grind was more tedious than fun, but I wouldn't say they polish anything better than blizz. They simply do an even worse job with communication & the community accepts it. It's a good game, don't get me wrong, but it definitely has it's issues just like WoW.
    Oh for sure. Diadem and Lord of Verminion were good concepts but just ended up being shite. Gordias savage had the issue of the fights being more dps checks than mechanics as well.

Oh for sure. Diadem and Lord of Verminion were good concepts but just ended up being shite. Gordias savage had the issue of the fights being more dps checks than mechanics as well.
    I recall seeing those complaints but I didn't end up going into savage gordias. I quit about halfway through the "kill this boss 800 times to collect X items for next step". Might've been better if I hadn't been on a relatively dead server. I enjoyed the gameplay of the characters, but the game was just too much grind, not enough meat for my personal tastes. I'll probably play through the next expansion if they release one but I established in Heavensward that I just don't have enough free time to play FF seriously.

Wow those Dark Legacy guys are sure clever. I hope they think to make a joke about gnome hunters riding their pets or something equally as original.