Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Expansions will now be significantly longer than they originally anticipated (ie. yearly expansions). This will have a significant negative impact on their revenue projections for WoW, and as such, Activision-Blizzard will need to make up for that shortfall elsewhere.

Do you think that we will see many more micro-transactions in game to offset the projected loss in yearly expansion revenue? Things could include:

1. Many more mounts
    2. Skins (e.g. artifacts)
    3. DLC (like SC2 Nova Missions)
    4. EXP/reputation/other/artifact power potions
    5. Pets
    They never had yearly expansions so its revenue is nonexistent. /endthread

Of course we will. It's "Bli$$ard"

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    I'm really hoping they put artifact skins in the cash shop, I would definately buy them.

I also like that each expansion the release 1 or 2 mounts that I always buy. Would also like to see exp pots added to the cash shop.
    Artifacts aren't guaranteed to last after Legion so if you want to waste money on a skin you can only use through 1 expansion of content (as opposed to the 3 helms which can be used whenever) that's on you. As for the exp potions, you can already get them practically for free from the garrison (300%exp 15mins) or from Krul the Blade (300%exp 1 hour).

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Artifacts aren't guaranteed to last after Legion so if you want to waste money on a skin you can only use through 1 expansion of content (as opposed to the 3 helms which can be used whenever) that's on you. As for the exp potions, you can already get them practically for free from the garrison (300%exp 15mins) or from Krul the Blade (300%exp 1 hour).
    if they ever did they'd be transmoggable in future expansions for sure.. and if i recall i think they said something about artifacts being moggable aswell in future content.

I would predict about the same as we have seen over the past few expansions which really isn't a ton. But some for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Blizzard doesn't have the time or money right now to spend on new store items, alright? Soon (tm)

Since they said they would release expension every year with cata,MoP,WoD and it never worked I don't see the reason for this post ? its nothing new.

Absolutely

That is the future of all gaming

For sure, they will milk the shit out of this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Birgwow View Post
    More? Doubt it, there are already a bunch. They'll probably just keep pumping it out at the same rate.

You're 3 years late m8
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/10452531
    Not even close. I mean, you're so far off-base with this comment I don't think you're even aware of the broader MMO community. Have you seen how many Micro-transactions are inside of other games these days?

WoW's shop is VERY minimal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then we can have the WoD situation with a bunch of intricate and unique mounts added to the cash shop while the subscribers get 50 recolored boars. Only this time, we can do it with armor.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Short answer, in the future, yes.

Longer answer...as subs naturally decline over the years ( they could release 3 exps in a row heralded as amazeballs by everyone who played it, and it would still decline over the years) they will do whatever it takes to keep revenue as close to the " good ol days" as possible.

I get the feeling that while they could of introduced micros much sooner, they were reluctant to do so. Partly b/c is feels scummy to them, being a sub game, and partly because they did not want to risk turning off existing subs.

Their shareholders will eventually ask, to paraphrase "why are you not milking your players for all you can?" and they wont have a good answer anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    Then we can have the WoD situation with a bunch of intricate and unique mounts added to the cash shop while the subscribers get 50 recolored boars. Only this time, we can do it with armor.
    Didn't know 2 was classified as a bunch.

yes /10chars

7+ Year Old Account
    More micro-transactions are, really, the only way to save the game at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, more like the ones we already have, and new ones will be invented. I think they're bad for the game, but blizzard's bottom line don't care what I think.

WoW being a sub game can never get away with a lot of cash shop items, this was proven in MoP with the Mounts and Helms. It pissed a lot of people off including my self since you couldn't earn these items in-game via your own efforts. What do i pay a sub for then if all the good looking mounts etc get put on the cash shop? if you want micro transactions go play a Free to play MMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    More micro-transactions are, really, the only way to save the game at this point.
    This game doesn't need micro transactions to save it, Blizzard just need to throw some love at the game like they once did.
    Last edited by Roar-Powah; 2016-08-09 at 12:54 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    This game doesn't need micro transactions to save it, Blizzard just need to throw some love at the game like they once did.
    More micro transactions!!!

Seriously, should be able to buy mats, gear, achievements, server xfers, etc etc etc. You can already legally buy gold which is used to do all of what was just mentioned, well except server xfers, why not just cut to the chase and make everything a check box option in the store?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Expansions will now be significantly longer than they originally anticipated (ie. yearly expansions). This will have a significant negative impact on their revenue projections for WoW, and as such, Activision-Blizzard will need to make up for that shortfall elsewhere.
    Making shit expansions and expecting the cash shop to make up for trying to half ass yearly xpacks had an impact on revenue for wow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tyindor View Post
    Absolutely

That is the future of all gaming
    I've actually started to see a trend in the other direction. Gamers and consumers are starting to wise up to the bullshit that is DLC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Not even close. I mean, you're so far off-base with this comment I don't think you're even aware of the broader MMO community. Have you seen how many Micro-transactions are inside of other games these days?

WoW's shop is VERY minimal.
    Those games don't have a monthly fee, as retarded as spending more than 2 dollars on DLC is, $25 dollars for a mount? Fucking lol. Those games are usually pay once, and often are cheaper than a AAA game.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.