Horde tanking for legion?

Would now be a good time to try my hand at tanking? I have only ever done dps for raids, and it's gotten sort of stale. Between healer and tank, tanking looks more interesting and fun. So is legion going to be more noob friendly for tanking and trying different roles? Sorry if this isn't the right place to ask this.

Yes! Now is the best time!

Tanks are easier in legion than they were during WoD and they were already pretty easy.

You still have to learn boss fights and when to use your damage reduction, how to position and all that jazz but you're in a great spot to take advantage of the new expansion and reroll a new spec. I suggest picking a tank with a secondary spec you really enjoy in case later you decide you don't like tanking or don't want to tank 100% of the time.

Tanks in PVP are now a thing too.

Thanks! Guess I never considered offspec, that's a good point to consider. also how so with pvp? I don't pvp much at all but i might later on.

I have been hearing mixed reviews about tanking in legion. Lot of tanks saying its harder then ever and that you have very little control over your surviveability compared to other expansions.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    I have been hearing mixed reviews about tanking in legion. Lot of tanks saying its harder then ever and that you have very little control over your surviveability compared to other expansions.
    It sort of is. Threat is still a non-issue from my experience, but threat between two tanks could still pose a significant problem, but that's nothing new. There's fewer buttons to push and most tanks have simpler mechanics personally, so there are generally fewer cooldowns and tools for managing hairy situations. Those cooldowns that do remain generally have longer recharge times, so we get to use them less often. That sort of makes it easier to play, as the number of buttons to choose from is fewer and there tends to be more clear 'right' and 'wrong' choices for spending resources.

From my perspective as a dk, progression looks scarier than its been and farm looks easier than its been.