Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorlok View Post
    Do you even realise how retarded you sound by now? I'm playing 5 chars, 4 of which i heal with. Whenever i play my DK i'm in a 0/1 heal 15man party and you can imagine how that turns out. Thing is - healing feels AWFUL without premades covering your ass and as there is absolutely no reward to being a healer there's no way in hell i'll heal for another expansion.
    If too many people want to faceroll dps in pvp just be glad you are our lord and saviour, healing our little dumbass hybrid arses while we refuse to do so ourselves.

You are aware changing speccs inside the battleground is not possible, right?
    Right. Unfortunately I didn't have the choice to spec heals, I had to actually switch my class.

I love playing Warrior, but I love winning even more. So I spec'd heals, and now wins come far more frequentley.

This was just a PSA for anyone that finds the state of current BG's unplayable like I did.

Spec heals...win....profit.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    And after getting dogpiled on without your team helping you, they then start badmouthing you calling you a trash healer because they didn't get heals while you were getting stun/silenced to death.

So in reality I don't think this even happened. You are just trying to get people to go healer.
    It probably happened. I love healing in bgs, I just hate being the only healer but recently that's actually been rare. It's usually me and someone else healing and often times a third person. Might be getting lucky but I've mained holy paladin so that's usually all I ever que as going into bgs and I've plenty of fun.

Obviously there's going to be games where your team does and doesn't help you, and where the enemy team is either a premade or just leagues above you and your team OR the enemy team can have three healers while you have one. Shits really random, but ive had a lot of fun as a healer in bgs. At least as a holy paladin, not sure about the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    No, I went Holy Paladin heals, lol. My wife and I both run as heals in BG's, and it's way more fun.

Now her and I can single handedly determine the outcome of matches. And if any other hybrids are smart and spec heals, then we just dominate and make the match noncompetitve.
    Big difference here solo healing a BG then healing with GF/Wife/Friend. Solo can and will become toxic, duel healing is one of the better experiences I've had in PVP.

Also, Holy is looking real good again for Legion, now that HP and steed is baseline, they are quite the force on the field

10+ Year Old Account
    IDC about winning random bg's. I can get farmed at the gy and still not care.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the event the BG has 2 to 4 healers, then sure, you should be allowed to spec shadow.

If not, you should be healing.
    Or you can git gud and learn to kill their healers.

10+ Year Old Account
    amount of people who try to punch through your heals is astounding
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Roll a Warlock. Top DPS, near-Top healing/tanking.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    No thanks. I've tried healing countless times and everytime i do, i get focused by the enemy team and my team seems oblivious to my existance and the fact that I'm attempting to heal them, therefore i get no support and just drop.
    And if they die because no one was peeling your butt and you're also dead, they'd start complaining how bad of a healer you are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Roll a Warlock. Top DPS, near-Top healing/tanking.
    I honestly thought this was the content of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    I like healing in PVP but right now I'm sick of being interrupted or stunned every 4 seconds.
    THIS.
    try yesterday ..all focus on me cant cast any spell

@OP welcome to the gods
    I have been playing Healer since vanilla and I have never exchanged my main for any DD or DD spec. Ive played Resto Druid most of the time.
    Being healer in BGs is all about control. You decide if your people die, or if you die. If you win or lose if up to the whole team, even though you have a great impact on that. A friendly DD killing an enemy and then left with 20% HP is a dead DD and therefore worthless. One healer can change that so the DD will take out another one and another one and another one. Best DDs are the ones who live! No healer- no DD - no DMG - no dead enemies - defeat
    The only thing I sometimes would love is some more appreciation for being a healer. Not that I need thumbs up, however I would love some support from the DDs more. Lets say im beeing focues by 3 enemies, which can result in a death, some DDs just keep hacking the one enemy they are on, instead of using a CC or attacking the enemies who are attacking the healer, to safe the healer. In the end its all the same: save the healer and therefore save urself.

Deleted
    I feel like swapping back and forth. As a DPS I really don't like BG's without healers. While on my healer though

Quote Originally Posted by goblingirl View Post
    This. I am getting 5 man dogpiled by every enemy at the location and chain healing myself to survive, while my dumb teammates run around splitting their dps between the enemy players and not killing... any of them. Heh.
    This applies. Second thing I loathe is people keep running out of range of your heals. When you drop an AoE heal on the floor they move out of it. You get zero help. I can't even remember the last time I saw a mage sheeping or a rogue blinding off-targets (preferably one of the 3 dps that's nuking me).

And, in the end, people seem to value HK farming (and failing miserably at it) over trying to actually win the battleground. I've had the most horrible WSG matches where people were fighting (and dying) midfield while the opposing team just capped one flag after another, or where my team has 1 orb while the other constantly has 3. Even after an orb dropped nobody moved too it.

Always makes me wonder if it is bots or just people that dont care.

Well, that's what I did...the right thing. Took my warrior out, and brought in my healer.

But too many people want to faceroll dps in pvp, and not do the important stuff like healing.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess the next time a raid organizes, nobody should be asked to tank. Pretty sure if 20 people showed up, ready to raid, someone would be forced to tank.

In BG's, if you can heal, you should do that first, and then spec dps if healing is handled.

Otherwise we're left with the shit that's going on right now in BG's.

So glad I did the right thing, spec'd heals, and started winning much more and becoming an important member of the team instead of another mindless dps.
    rofl, on my feral I solo kill enemy healers all the time. Or any important target like flag carriers, don't talk like healers are the only characters that make a difference. And if I have braindead teammates I rather be able to carry by doing important things than feel important by healing teammates doing retarded things that make us lose.

As a Holy Paladin I salute you and welcome you to our ranks. May the light guide you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuushima View Post
    rofl, on my feral I solo kill enemy healers all the time. Or any important target like flag carriers, don't talk like healers are the only characters that make a difference. And if I have braindead teammates I rather be able to carry by doing important things than feel important by healing teammates doing retarded things that make us lose.
    You are prefectly right. Healers do not equal healers, there are good ones and bad ones. And I'm not talking about heal output, I'm taking about healing the right target at the right time.
    If you solo kill a flag carrier, then they had a very bad healer that wasnt paying attention to his team mate carring the flag, instead he was healing the useless DDs, fighting arround just to get kills / or get killed. (If there were any healers at all, of course)
    What you do is extremely valuable to a healer. Myself, I prefer to be a smart healer, healing what is necessary. I let people die who are not important at that very moment (not at the right spot, not doing the right thing) I wont waste my heals on dumb DDs.
    In your case I would love to support a good DD who goes after the flag carrier or if u were the carrier Id go for a support on that part.

This reminds me of my story I humorously refer to as "the curse".

My wife, my guild and my IRL friends who play WoW with me know about "the curse" and how it plagues me.

First a little background for newcomers to WoW PvP. A few expansions ago BGs weren't role balanced. It was first-come, first-served for who got in. Sometimes you'd end up with 8 hunters and 2 rogues, sometimes 6 healers and 4 melee classes. I have multiple level 100 characters, BGs being my favorite way to level. I kid you not, MMO-C, if I did not queue as a healer there would be ZERO healers in the BG - every. Single. Time. If I queued for a healer, I'd end up being the only healer and hilariously beaten to death and tunnel-visioned the moment I cast a heal.
    It's gotten better now, most BGs usually have 2 healers and I'm a lot better at staying alive as a healer in PvP since doing 3s to 1900. Still, it was a frustrating time for me trying to enjoy BGs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    What you did makes sense and its helping a lot of co-players as well the problem is many players (me included) cannot identify with other playing styles. I play melee all my gaming life I can't even play dps caster with much interest I could definitely not care enough to heal anyone plus I can't identify with the healing weapons etc.

It may be rewarding yes but in the end you started as arms warrior and play holy paladin. I just dont feel it as the same thing killing your wants over the "greater good" of success in some field be it raiding or pvp.
    I've always loved healers. It just feels so much more rewarding to me. I feel needed, and I feel loved when I do a good job in BGs. Nothing makes me glow with pride more than when someone says "sick heals in here" or "our healers just saved us". As a DPS, nobody has ever said to me "good DPS" it's almost always "ur class is OP".

Same in PvE really, I feel tanks and healers are more in demand, so you're "special" to a guild. A DPS can be replaced but people get nervous when a tank or healer leaves. I guess I just love feeling special lol. I especially like monk healers since there's so few of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got sick and tired of joining BG's as my arm warrior, only to see every single healing class make the wrong decision and spec DPS.

So, I stopped queueing as Arms, and began doing so as my Holy Paladin.

And miraculously enough, PvP became fun again! I actually find healing much more rewarding than dps during PvP, and this honestly surprised me.

In reality, I am now part of the most important players in the BG, and will have the highest impact on whether or not my team wins.

So not only did I upgrade my fun, but also my importance overall to the match.

I suggest to anyone else that's tired of seeing retarded druids, priest, paladins, shamans, and monks all spec'ing dps instead of actually helping their team, to go ahead and make the same choice that I did.

You'll thank yourself, and so will your winning teammates.
    Depents what faction you playing if Horde yes i agree, since Alliance got much more healers than Horde, but playing Alliance healer in Random bgs is too easy cas usually Horde got only 1 healer and you got 2-3 other healers that heal each other.

In rated bgs healers die pretty fast cas ppl know how to focus them, in random bgs there is alot ppl who attack tanks/melee instead of healers, and than dying without getting killing blow at anyone.

Healing in pvp is pretty terrible right now tbh. CC everywhere, wet noodle healing and giant health pools. I'm not enjoying it and I definitely don't feel I have the same impact I used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Pipboi View Post
    I like healing in PVP but right now I'm sick of being interrupted or stunned every 4 seconds.
    Ive been playing disc and i knowmim pissing off kids who think kick should mean i cant cast at all. I just swap between holy and shadow, bait them and heal full. Onpy time i die is when or more are on me. People want to pretend like kicks and stuns are hard, but they are not. Why should you get to pve me whist i have to outplay you?

i'd rather die doing what i enjoy than play something i don't.

Went sub rogue, i heal faster then most healer heal me anyway.