Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Having played on the beta the last few months, I have noticed that the Legion Legendaries aren't that tedious to acquire which is something we once thought would happen.

They currently have a bad luck protection streak, meaning the people i have played with have almost all gotten a legendary over a few weeks period of semi casual play.

They do not currently drop from:

• World mobs
    • Quests
    • Daily quests
    • Trash mobs
    • Rare spawns
    • Treasure chests

So they can't be farmed mindlessly through mobs.

These are the ways to acquire them:

• Daily emissary chest day in order hall
    • Weekly Class Hall mythic+ dungeon chest
    • PvP chest
    • 5 men normal dungeons
    • 5 men heroic dungeons
    • 5 men mythic dungeons
    • World Bosses
    • LFR Bosses
    • Normal raid bosses
    • Heroic raid bosses
    • Mythic raid bosses

So most of these have a daily and weekly lockout, meaning the only way to grind them besides dallies and weeklies is through spamming dungeons or pvp.

The most reliable way to acquire them though is from the Daily emissary chest day in order hall doing 4 world quests a day. Most people I know have gotten them through that.
    what?? you mean that people overreacted before seeing content themselves??? noooooooooooooooooo???

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel SnackyCakes View Post
    Legendaries aren't usable in Mythic Raids. Thus as a "progression" raider if you were any good of a player you wouldn't need the legendaries anyway.
    You're 100 % wrong there, they are usable in mythic raids.

And this argument that a good players doesn't "need" gear is utterly ridiculous - it doesn't matter how good you are, with more gear you'll always perform better. And when people are pushing progress it matters, a lot.

As for the legendaries, as others have said I'm not worried about not getting one. but mages have 1-2 legendaries that are ridiculously overpowered; my guild has three mages and if one gets one of the good ones then he'll be able to outdps the other two by a mile. And RNG situations like this are just frustrating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legendaries aren't usable in Mythic Raids. Thus as a "progression" raider if you were any good of a player you wouldn't need the legendaries anyway.
    See all the responses you got then get back to me......
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    See all the responses you got then get back to me......
    Eh, regardless, them being in LFR isn't something that will force people to do their dreaded LFR runs. Just go do WQ's or any one of 10's of other things that give Legendaries instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, regardless, them being in LFR isn't something that will force people to do their dreaded LFR runs. Just go do WQ's or any one of 10's of other things that give Legendaries instead.
    A simple change by sharing the loot lockout would be a better solution. Putting them in LFR you're basically telling progression raiders they have to be there. Look, they don't want to be there, you don't want them to be there, but Blizzard... Blizzard thinks they need to carry people through Faceroll LFR.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Deleted
    If all other ways to obtain them are on lockout, it will force them to do LFR, as it has always been with these things. You are subscribed here for 5 years, you seem to play long enough to know that.

But I think the whole discussion here misses one important point: If you want to increase your chance to get a legendary, you are required to perma-run dungeons. I would be more worried about that, than having to join LFR once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    I've been in beta for less than a month and I got my first legendary a few days ago (Service of Gorefiend belt) out of a Kirin Tor Emissary chest.

Most people I know who have had beta for about a month or so already have theirs. That's considering that raids and LFR aren't even available on a regular basis.

If you are at all active in the game you will have at least one legendary by the end of the year. Which is fine.
    lmao by the end of the year, when what matters is broken legendaries destroying the race that takes place way way before the end of the year.

- - - Updated - - -

Uh, yes they are usable. They're 1000% crucial for the race. The entire system is retarded.

5 MAN NORMAL

Has anyone even bothered to notice that.... no Mr Uber Progression raider you will not be "forced" into LFR you can go and run the resetable no limit (outside of the hourly instance limit) 5 man dungeon of your choice until you get what you are after.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    LOL at the mythic raiders complaining about LFR, as if people who run content they don't are beneath them in skill.
    How about we bring back limited attempts on bosses like in ICC? After all, Mythic raiders are all about "skill", not throwing yourself at the boss untill it dies.
    Make Mythic raids have set stats like PvP? After all, Mythic is all about "skill not gear"
    So everyone complaining about LFR dropping legendary items are mythic raiders? "We" (as if were some kind of master race) simply don't want to do content that isn't challenging and would usually offer nothing to our overall aim, progression on difficult content.

But frankly, I don't see what all the moaning is about, so we have an extra option to get a legendary? Great, but taking that away makes no difference to "us", we can run dungeons etc. Mythic raiders are players too, why would we want less opportunities of getting these items?

LOL at the casual raiders complaining about mythic raiders complaining about casual raiders, as if people who run content they can't or won't do are elitist. How about we bring back raiding with no LFR, no group finder? After all, casual raiding is all about "enjoyment & social experience", not throwing your toys out of the pram until the bosses drop you epics for limited effort.

Make LFR raids have set stats like mythic quality items? After all, LFR is all about "enjoyment".
    Last edited by Khorneflake; 2016-08-09 at 12:30 PM.

Deleted
    Legendaries dropping in LFR, I don't mind it, but it makes them feel even less legendary than they already are right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    A simple change by sharing the loot lockout would be a better solution. Putting them in LFR you're basically telling progression raiders they have to be there. Look, they don't want to be there, you don't want them to be there, but Blizzard... Blizzard thinks they need to carry people through Faceroll LFR.
    They drop from pvp chests, they drop from dungeon kills, they drop from emissary chests and world bosses. PVP and dungeons are repeatable content. It's really a matter of eligible boss kills per hour of play, so you're better off just farming dungeons. The whining about LFR is ridiculous, stahp.

It's almost as dumb as "durr hurr, LFR items can titanforge to Mythic ilvl". Yeah, they can... with a chance that's so fucking abysmally small as to be practically negligible.

LFR is so low in priority, down below world bosses, below weekly chests, below daily chests, below FARMABLE DUNGEON CONTENT.

They're 1000% crucial for the race.
    tier after tier the "race" is slowly dying anyway, so less and less people will even give a fuck
    Last edited by mmoc4588e6de4f; 2016-08-09 at 12:43 PM.

Can anyone confirm that drops will fit your loot specialization? I would hate to get a legendary that helps Feral Druid when I am Resto.

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    Can anyone confirm that drops will fit your loot specialization? I would hate to get a legendary that helps Feral Druid when I am Resto.
    They drop for you current spec. No such thing as dropping a feral legendary while specced as restoration.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    I've been in beta for less than a month and I got my first legendary a few days ago (Service of Gorefiend belt) out of a Kirin Tor Emissary chest.

Most people I know who have had beta for about a month or so already have theirs. That's considering that raids and LFR aren't even available on a regular basis.

If you are at all active in the game you will have at least one legendary by the end of the year. Which is fine.
    It's fine up until the point that certain legendaries are borderline mandatory for certain specs to be considered viable. The runspeed boots for DKs/Ret, for example. You lack regular gap closing abilities (Warrior, DH and WW) or a baseline movement speed increase (Unlike Feral, Enhancement and Rogue). You're reliant on a longish movement CD (Wraith Walk and Divine Steed respectively).

The passive movement makes it so you're able to deal with fight mechanics and be useful in Mythic+, of which Ret is one of the worst classes for due to their ramp up time (You're never taking Divine Hammer, Zeal has ramp up before it cleaves at maximum capacity, you're never taking Consecration either) which is further compounded by the fact you need to be within 12 yards to even start generation HP and the lack of utility (Instant off-heals, absorbs and Sac) compared to WoD.

I'm sure there's other examples as well for other classes and specs.

World mobs
    Rare spawns
    Well, that sucks. I thought they could drop everywhere? Guess solo content is going the way of the dodo after-all.

Thus as a "progression" raider if you were any good of a player you wouldn't need the legendaries anyway.
    Are you actually serious about this statement? Have you done PvE at all? Legendaries in progression will be the worst thing I've seen so far in this game. Getting a raid spot or not will in many cases come down to RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
    One of the legendaries I got was class and spec specific (N'ero, Band of Promises), the other was Norgannon's Foresight which is Priest/Warlock/Mage, so from my very limited sample it's 50/50.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Well, that sucks. I thought they could drop everywhere? Guess solo content is going the way of the dodo after-all.
    Both legendaries I got were from Emissary bags so solo will be perfectly fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I'm not sure I'd call mindlessly farming mobs solo "content". The primary method to get them seems to be world quests, at least from my totally useless reading of forums....as long as WQ drop rates are the same as Heroic...I'd say they have taken care of the soloers (like myself) well enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Having played on the beta the last few months, I have noticed that the Legion Legendaries aren't that tedious to acquire which is something we once thought would happen.

They currently have a bad luck protection streak, meaning the people i have played with have almost all gotten a legendary over a few weeks period of semi casual play.

• World mobs
    • Quests
    • Daily quests
    • Trash mobs
    • Rare spawns
    • Treasure chests

So they can't be farmed mindlessly through mobs.

These are the ways to acquire them:

• Daily emissary chest day in order hall
    • Weekly Class Hall mythic+ dungeon chest
    • PvP chest
    • 5 men normal dungeons
    • 5 men heroic dungeons
    • 5 men mythic dungeons
    • World Bosses
    • LFR Bosses
    • Normal raid bosses
    • Heroic raid bosses
    • Mythic raid bosses

So most of these have a daily and weekly lockout, meaning the only way to grind them besides dallies and weeklies is through spamming dungeons or pvp.

The most reliable way to acquire them though is from the Daily emissary chest day in order hall doing 4 world quests a day. Most people I know have gotten them through that.
    2 question:

1) are the legs still Bind on Equipped?
    2) are there different drop chance among the sources you listed or are all 0,1%?
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Did it really have to have a chance to drop from LFR? Jesus...
    Normal and heroic 5-man dungeons are listed there, so why is LFR suddenly a problem ?
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.