Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    You can see that on the Alliance side, they had the upper hand and were winning. The Horde, however, were being pushed back and had many people severely wounded. On top of that, a new wave of demons were coming.
    They only fought on the ramparts, while the Alliance fought at the frontlines, yet the Alliance had no injured and the Horde had their big bad leaders almost killed by a small pocket of demons. Weaklings.

There was no possibility of winning. Staying meant death, and nothing more. So what is the better option? Stay and die for nothing, or retreat, regroup and try to figure out a way to fight the legion?
    So much for Victory or Death huh? It's rather Victory, or flee like cowards!

The Alliance did the same thing. Once they Horde retreated, the Alliance no longer had to upper hand. Staying would only result in needless death, so they too retreated. This was an unwinnable battle.
    But if the Horde hadn't been so concerned about only saving their own cowardly asses and had used the Val'kyrs to help the Alliance buy more time, they might have been able to use the gunship to blow all their enemies, including Gul'dan to cinders. Because of the Hordes cowardly betrayal, the Legion was not stopped and has made it into Azeroth. Nice one Horde, nice one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    "In the end, death claims us all."

Except that's exactly what she's been trying to avoid like the plague (pun intended) ever since she tried to kill herself after WotLK.
    Well duh, it's another reason why I suspect the spirits are getting her out of the shadows to lead as Vo'jin said. Perhaps to overcome this fear and accept the horde as "family". While Anduin needs to grow still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I just realised that vol'jin is like those characters in anime whos sole purpose is dying and giving other motivation. Do you guys think we will get some flashback scenes with him ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    "In the end, death claims us all."

Except that's exactly what she's been trying to avoid like the plague (pun intended) ever since she tried to kill herself after WotLK.
    That reminded me of this 0:08 sec

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just realised that vol'jin is like those characters in anime whos sole purpose is dying and giving other motivation. Do you guys think we will get some flashback scenes with him ?
    Honestly reading warcrimes and all his recent fluff he seems that kind of guy er troll honestly.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    But if the Horde hadn't been so concerned about only saving their own asses and had used th Val'kyrs to help the Alliance buy more time, they might have been able to use the gunship to blow all their enemies, including Gul'dan away- Because of the Hordes cowardly betrayal, the Legion was not stopped and has made it into Azeroth. Nice one Horde, nice one.
    and how the fuck would a couple of val'kyr help a completely by demons overwhelmed horde?
    please enlighten us mr.idontseetheobvious.
    what would some val'kyr do against several thousands of demons? please tell us, oh all knowing commander!

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    In fairness, frolicking around Silvermoon is much better than stumbling around Darkspear Isle.

The "Tribal theme" is gone, but it was never really a unified theme. Orc buildings and Troll buildings never meshed very well together. Really, I enjoyed Garry's industrial revolution, so Silvermoon's a downgrade; however, it is still significantly better than Troll architecture, which could be mistaken for Murloc huts.
    Good thing we never had a moment in WoW history where we were exclusively confined to troll architecture for an entire expansion. And I agree Garrosh's metallic steampunk Orgrimmar is so much better than mud huts and bone spikes.

That's up for debate, just because a few were injured the ran like cowards, leaving the Alliance behind. If she had used her Val'kyrs to help, they might have been able to buy the Alliance enough time for their gunship to blow Gul'dan, and hte Demon's up. But because they fled, the Allaicne was forced to retreat.
    I call that betrayal.
    Few injured. The only person left standing and not injured was Sylvanas and a few archers. She alone can not win. Especially with another wave incoming. Let's get something clear. This is not the 300 spartans last stand. There is no honor in dying for a lost cause, it is just stupidity. There was only one viable tactical solution which was to retreat.

It makes sense why the horde had to retreat but they should've sent at least a messenger to the varian's camp to say 'yeah we're fucked you better all gtfo' or something.

At least Varian had a decent death.

Voljin's was dog shit, he became warchief, did fuck all, got 1 shot, fucking yay.

7+ Year Old Account
    but jaina should be on this cinematic. i dont get you blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Seeing as Anime is the lowest form of writing and storytelling, I'm not shocked Vol'Jin compares to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post

Quick recap. In no way does the Horde betray the Alliance in the stab in the back sense. They retreat first. Ordered by Vol'jin. One could say it's a betrayal in some sense, but clearly doesn't literally attack Horde. Then Varian ordered retreat.
    Well the Alliance just see the Horde retreat, they dont see that we are getting pwnt up on the ridge and can't hold. So they think we betrayed them, but in reality if we had stayed we would ahve all died and the end would have been the same. Run away to live to fight another day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    please watch the cinematic again and read your ignorant post.
    they were clearly struggling.
    Yes against a small pocket force. Weaklings.
    Meanwhile the Alliance was ON THE FRONTLINES, fighting the main force and noo ne got injured.

Please watch the cinematic again and read your ignorant post.

But if the Horde hadn't been so concerned about only saving their own asses and had used th Val'kyrs to help the Alliance buy more time, they might have been able to use the gunship to blow all their enemies, including Gul'dan away- Because of the Hordes cowardly betrayal, the Legion was not stopped and has made it into Azeroth. Nice one Horde, nice one.
    Two big portals were open, the dark rangers needed to clear the skies, so that the Alliance was able to keep going, this support would have crumbled a few moments later with a massive amount of demons overrunning the horde position, the valkyr couldn't have changed much, considering the sheer amount of demons, even with the gunship present it wouldn't have made a difference, since the legion already had a counter prepared for it and it nearly destroyed it.

That giant Golem would have landed directly in the Alliance army crushing it almost instantly, that battle was utterly lost, no matter how you look at it.

Yes against a small pocket force. Weaklings.
    Meanwhile the Alliance was ON THE FRONTLINES, fighting the main force and noo ne got injured.

Please watch the cinematic again and read your ignorant post.
    Play the horde side, the horde is also bombarded by their ships.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Good thing we never had a moment in WoW history where we were exclusively confined to troll architecture for an entire expansion. And I agree Garrosh's metallic steampunk Orgrimmar is so much better than mud huts and bone spikes.
    Thankfully not, but look at our outposts in WoD. We regressed. Honestly though, I doubt they shelve the Tribal theme entirely

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Seeing as Anime is the lowest form of writing and storytelling, I'm not shocked Vol'Jin compares to it.
    You are wrong my friend, Anime is THE best writing and storytelling. You shouldn't judge something you clearly havn't watched/read.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Two big portals were open, the dark rangers needed to clear the skies, so that the Alliance was able to keep going, this support would have crumbled a few moments later with a massive amount of demons overrunning the horde position, the valkyr couldn't have changed much, considering the sheer amount of demons, even with the gunship present it wouldn't have made a difference, since the legion already had a counter prepared for it and it nearly destroyed it.

That giant Golem would have landed directly in the Alliance army crushing it almost instantly, that battle was utterly lost, no matter how you look at it.
    That giant Golem, was only summoned because the Alliance retreated.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    From the Alliance perspective, the horde archers are one minute firing on the Alliances' demons, then a horn blows and they all are gone.

It looks like they just abandoned the fight and let the Alliance be their decoy. The Alliance cannot see / know that a new portal had opened up behind the Horde (the one Vol'jin shouts about) as far as he knows its just the main portal down below still.
    Until Varian looks up and sees a massive horde of demons overlooking them from the same ridge. I didn't notice it while watching the Alliance cinematic, but in retrospect it's pretty obvious that he figured out what was going on.

Its designed to not be an easy situation, clearly the Alliance could not see over the ridge and the Alliance cinematic illustrates perfectly what happened, but the Horde side shows that they would not have made it. The cinematic starts off with the Alliance acting as if they are about to achieve victory, but considering the world pillars are needed to close the rift in the first place there is full blown nothing they could have done, it was just a bad line used to put pressure and negativity on the Hordes retreat to the viewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    It makes sense why the horde had to retreat but they should've sent at least a messenger to the varian's camp to say 'yeah we're fucked you better all gtfo' or something.

At least Varian had a decent death.

Voljin's was dog shit, he became warchief, did fuck all, got 1 shot, fucking yay.
    There was no time to send a runner. Actually the runner would have had to sprint through the demons to get to the Alliance. The horn itself was pretty much clear cut in the meaning. Anyone with at least half a working brain even from Alliance perspective would have realised that. Horde need to destroy legion to live, horde are falling back. Ergo logical conclusion is Horde are defeated and looking to fight another day with no means of contacting alliance.

Was hoping for a cinematic about Manduin becoming king, but good ole blizzard didn't disappoint and came forward yet again with their horde favoritism.
    el oh el