Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Runic Power reset to 20 after pull

Anybody notice this since yesterday? It wasn't included in the Hotfix notes, but on Heroic HFC bosses as Unholy my RP was being reset to 20 as soon as the boss was engaged. Even with just Army pre-pull giving 30 RP, I was losing 10 of that every time. The behavior wasn't replicated in LFR or Heroic Dungeons so I'm not sure if this is a bug or just a poorly implemented and communicated hotfix.

Deleted
    prolly a bug it it only happen in hc hfc.

Similar things are happening for priests:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-full-insanity

Seems like they might be testing some things to nerf pooling resources before the fight starts.

Deleted
    Didn't raid since a week ago so can't tell. But one thing I do know, Blizzard want to remove stuff that makes you able to pool things like RP and whatever some other classes/specs do.

Well...I mean...I get that pooling aspect of things wanting to be removed...but army is always used prepull...so they shouldn't destroy the RP gained...or reduce the cost to two runes so it only generates 20 RP to begin with.

Same for Moonkin with Astral Power.

Deleted
    This completely destroys Dark Arbiter, even in legion when ring won't be there, you have just to build runic power and just after 5/6 seconds you will be able to cast DA, it means that u're procs by X trinket will be half-wasted, or atleast it means that DA can't take profit from trinket procs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Well...I mean...I get that pooling aspect of things wanting to be removed...but army is always used prepull...so they shouldn't destroy the RP gained...or reduce the cost to two runes so it only generates 20 RP to begin with.
    Would agree, or change army completely and it usable mid fight, one day, I believe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raided today on EU side not happening to me.

EU Mythic HFC happened to me as well as my DK buddy in the same group.

Quote Originally Posted by Vendettatrolla View Post
    This completely destroys Dark Arbiter, even in legion when ring won't be there, you have just to build runic power and just after 5/6 seconds you will be able to cast DA, it means that u're procs by X trinket will be half-wasted, or atleast it means that DA can't take profit from trinket procs.
    Sure, but trinkets dont proc 100% on pull anymore, if anything you'd be wasting a part of your potion, on use trinkets can wait for when you use DA.

Deleted
    Happened to me eu lsst night.

So another stealth nerf right after bliz apologises for a previous stealth nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Happened to me eu lsst night.

So another stealth nerf right after bliz apologises for a previous stealth nerf.
    I would hardly call that a stealth nerf,rather a fix. Its super lame spamming Epidemic for 1 min to have full RP before pull. And they did it for all builder classes, so its a fair deal imo.

Deleted
    last night it happenend to me a few times though not Always.

10+ Year Old Account
    Happening to me as well now, oh well guess it was fun for us to have burst for a few weeks.

Not like other classes don't still have burst, wonder if it is even worth using valkyr still at the pull and not building up RP before launching it mid combat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    I would hardly call that a stealth nerf,rather a fix. Its super lame spamming Epidemic for 1 min to have full RP before pull. And they did it for all builder classes, so its a fair deal imo.
    Hey faylo. I don't want to sound like a dick but how else would you describe a reduction in DPS and no patch/hotfix notes?

I do agree that its not fun pre pooling but I would expect something back in return - even army having a 2 rune cost would seem reasonable on the face of it (though having little real benefit).

These sorts of communication issues stink of outsourcing but even I can't believe bliz would stoop so low.
    Last edited by mmocf0b29d4c77; 2016-08-11 at 06:26 PM.

Deleted
    Hey faylo. I don't want to sound like a dick but how else would you describe a reduction in DPS and no patch/hotfix notes?
    Hes a mage main, tells you all you need to know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    Hes a mage main, tells you all you need to know.
    I am actually maining DK in Legion. But I thank you for your high-quality post.

- - - Updated - - -

I do agree that its not fun pre pooling but I would expect something back in return - even army having a 2 rune cost would seem reasonable on the face of it (though having little real benefit).

These sorts of communication issues stink of outsourcing but even I can't believe bliz would stoop so low.
    I think this is a fix rather than a nerf. I mean its lame spending 1 min (as I said before) getting AP. Our dps should be tuned around normal circumstances, not "cheesing".

I do fully agree with the Army issue - either nerf the Army cost or make the "retained RP cap" to 35 (as Army will generate more RP with our artifact perk).

This is def. a nerf, my damage went down considerably Oh well, glad they did it now I don't have to bother with this ever again

I'm kind fo confused people are complaining about this. It removed a problem existing for far too long, enforcing pre-pull shenanigans reaching from way too long pull timers, exploits or pulling and resetting bosses to build up resources faster/at all. Its significnatly healthier for the game not to have it.

It also doesn't affect your dps murderously. It lowers burst a bit and only visbily with the ring, it also only affects DA and BoS of which the latter isn't even a thing right now.
    You will have to delay your DA by 3-4 gcds and thats it. Ofocurse if you still push DA right at the start of the fight with only 20 rp you're crippling yourself and certainly don't know what you're doing in the first place.
    Once that filthy ring is gone it will barely makeany difference at all, regardless if you play with DA or not.