Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    When I bang my sister we always use protection
    This is sick. It won't be long till the authorities take appropriate action.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    Are you blind? they are obviously mexican
    I'm sad that I have to explain the joke twice in the same thread...

"cultural appropriation", the much maligned practice of "stealing" facets of other cultures and incorporating them into your own.

"white trash", people who are often attributed with fuckin' their family members.

Ergo, Mexican people fuckin' their family, is appropriating white trash culture...and therefore ironic.

This joke has now been ruined by slow people...
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    This is sick. It won't be long till the authorities take appropriate action.
    Not illegal here

That guy is a true motherfucker in the most literal way possible.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2016-08-10 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    That is fine but you still have no reason to call her bad mother.
    Your statement didn't really make much sense, we tend to define good/bad parenting on one's ability to actually parent one's children and giving one's children away typically is perceived as a failure on the part of the parent (even though, in situations where a parent is truly incapable of being a responsible parent, then letting someone else raise one's children can be considered a wise decision...although not exactly indicative of good parenting).

At the very least we don't define good parenting by one's ability to push a rugrat out of one's uterus, which is what you seemed to be implying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub
    If anyone would care to argue with me from a legal perspective, I wait anxiously for your reply!
    Here's one. Laws both express certain values for a society and encourage them. While that does leave the gate open for changing laws to keep up with social changes, there are sometimes good reasons for not hurrying to toss laws out. Without a law to discourage inbreeding/incest, our biggest failure would be a failure to discourage behaviors with a limited positive contribution to society simply to accommodate the exceptions.

The danger of the "well, what about X" kind of argument is that, while there are sometimes exceptions that are injustices, law is not a particularly delicate or precise tool. It addresses broad issues, often in a broad manner, and relies on due process to mitigate some of those injustices. Without that balance, we would end up giving up much of the protection our laws are (hopefully) intended to provide.

Historically, inbreeding has been a genetic issue, and our laws today reflect in part the strong, negative impact that inbreeding had among groups such as European royalty. The laws reflect a valid government concern for the health and welfare of its citizens. While we can argue that life and medicine have moved on, people in relationships may have accidental pregnancies, nor is it uncommon for a couple to decide that they want to have kids.

I'm stuck behind the Great Firewall, so here are articles that I can manage to access. They may not be perfect, but they lay out the basic issues.
    http://www.medicalbag.com/grey-matte...rticle/472430/
    https://owlcation.com/humanities/The...-and-Disorders

Aside from the genetic issues, there is the possibility of children becoming prey for adults. Laws aren't a magic wand and they cannot simply prevent things from happening. They do, however, send a message to discourage certain behaviors. Creepy Uncle Wilbur would be a heck of a lot creepier if he could groom the kids and claim true love. That has been brought up with Woody Allen, for example. DoJ statistics say that 30% of child sexual abuse is from family members. Source: https://www.nsopw.gov/en-US/Educatio...ookieSupport=1
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumkin View Post
    Are you blind? they are obviously mexican
    You don't know what cultural appropriation is, I'm guessing?

it's a shame they'd go to jail for this.

hopefully one day that won't be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Your statement didn't really make much sense, we tend to define good/bad parenting on one's ability to actually parent one's children and giving one's children away typically is perceived as a failure on the part of the parent (even though, in situations where a parent is truly incapable of being a responsible parent, then letting someone else raise one's children can be considered a wise decision...although not exactly indicative of good parenting).

At the very least we don't define good parenting by one's ability to push a rugrat out of one's uterus, which is what you seemed to be implying.
    You still haven to call any one bad parent just because your views of parenting doesn't collide with theirs.
    You just do not people can decide what ever they want it is their family.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    Consenting adults = nobody's business. I think it's gross, but it's also none of my business.
    There's nothing "gross" about incest, it's only in your head, planted by society in the form of arbitrary rules. If they don't plan on having children, let them fuck as much as they want. I wonder how this retarded society avoids incest with the anonymous sperm donors, anonymous adoptions and so on. Oh, wait, it can't and probably as I type here there are hundreds of people fucking each other not knowing they are related. How gross

You still haven to call any one bad parent just because your views of parenting doesn't collide with theirs.
    You just do not people can decide what ever they want it is their family.
    This is a pretty extreme example to try to defend. The bottom line is that we as a society have to pay for the parenting decisions that cause harm to children, poor parenting can affect a child for a lifetime. Neglect and abuse can have long-term consequences, both in terms of physiological development and mental health. Bad parenting can occur short of neglect and abuse, we simply don't have the resources to deal with that on a societal level.

I take issue with anyone trying to tell people to mind their own business in regards to bad parenting, that it is no one's business but the family's. For one, our legal system disagrees with you. Because in truth families do not exist in their own little vortex, their actions have consequences and usually it is the rest of us (and especially, their offspring) that ends up paying for it.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    Here's one. Laws both express certain values for a society and encourage them. While that does leave the gate open for changing laws to keep up with social changes, there are sometimes good reasons for not hurrying to toss laws out. Without a law to discourage inbreeding/incest, our biggest failure would be a failure to discourage behaviors with a limited positive contribution to society simply to accommodate the exceptions.

The danger of the "well, what about X" kind of argument is that, while there are sometimes exceptions that are injustices, law is not a particularly delicate or precise tool. It addresses broad issues, often in a broad manner, and relies on due process to mitigate some of those injustices. Without that balance, we would end up giving up much of the protection our laws are (hopefully) intended to provide.

Historically, inbreeding has been a genetic issue, and our laws today reflect in part the strong, negative impact that inbreeding had among groups such as European royalty. The laws reflect a valid government concern for the health and welfare of its citizens. While we can argue that life and medicine have moved on, people in relationships may have accidental pregnancies, nor is it uncommon for a couple to decide that they want to have kids.

I'm stuck behind the Great Firewall, so here are articles that I can manage to access. They may not be perfect, but they lay out the basic issues.
    http://www.medicalbag.com/grey-matte...rticle/472430/
    https://owlcation.com/humanities/The...-and-Disorders

Aside from the genetic issues, there is the possibility of children becoming prey for adults. Laws aren't a magic wand and they cannot simply prevent things from happening. They do, however, send a message to discourage certain behaviors. Creepy Uncle Wilbur would be a heck of a lot creepier if he could groom the kids and claim true love. That has been brought up with Woody Allen, for example. DoJ statistics say that 30% of child sexual abuse is from family members. Source: https://www.nsopw.gov/en-US/Educatio...ookieSupport=1
    Pretty much your entire post infers pedophilia which is a separate issue. The OP clearly states both are adults and we are assuming I guess that they use protection. No one thinks they should have kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Freaks gonna freak.

Do not care besides the part about her having 8 other children that the state will likely be supporting. This lady needs to close her legs in general for the betterment of society.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    "mah freedomz"!!!
    Why? This is the route that transgender is leading us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aboucabar
    Pretty much your entire post infers pedophilia which is a separate issue.
    Then you are reading in something that you want to read in or misunderstand the word pedophilia. My discussion of child molestation is one paragraph, clearly designated.

Neither person in this article is a child, nor do I link the genetic issues with child molestation. That doesn't change the point I was making. Law isn't a precise tool, it addresses broad categories. As a broad category, incest has been shown to have a negative result. There are people who might be at least as safe while mildly drunk as other people on the road. That doesn't mean there is no need to make drunk driving illegal. That is why basing law on special exceptions isn't a great idea.

Further, you *guess* that they use protection? She has had multiple children since she was a teen, I think the bookies would give odds against that being the case, and particularly not the case every time. Once is enough for pregnancy to be possible. Should she get pregnant, the same bookies might also doubt that she is likely to have an abortion (which may not even be much of an option in their state).
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Quote Originally Posted by purebalance View Post
    Why? This is the route that transgender is leading us.
    The fact that you don't actually grasp the difference shows that you are beyond help. You'll be remembered among those who predicted the end of civilization if we gave suffrage to Blacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    This is a pretty extreme example to try to defend. The bottom line is that we as a society have to pay for the parenting decisions that cause harm to children, poor parenting can affect a child for a lifetime. Neglect and abuse can have long-term consequences, both in terms of physiological development and mental health. Bad parenting can occur short of neglect and abuse, we simply don't have the resources to deal with that on a societal level.

I take issue with anyone trying to tell people to mind their own business in regards to bad parenting, that it is no one's business but the family's. For one, our legal system disagrees with you. Because in truth families do not exist in their own little vortex, their actions have consequences and usually it is the rest of us (and especially, their offspring) that ends up paying for it.
    We as a society don't have to do anything.
    WE CHOSE TO.

Nothing more to say.
    Legal system is created to cater for people who have similar views everything that doesn't get in to their view is bad but that is not the case.

People are free to chose and do what they want with their body's and no one should have the say of whats wrong and whats right to do with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope after this long day of vigorous hand waving, tomorrow you guys can focus on leg day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

We as a society don't have to do anything.
    WE CHOSE TO.

Nothing more to say.
    Legal system is created to cater for people who have similar views everything that doesn't get in to their view is bad but that is not the case.

People are free to chose and do what they want with their body's and no one should have the say of whats wrong and whats right to do with them.
    You're changing the argument but considering that this conversation is pretty silly I guess it doesn't matter...

It's not about what people are choosing to do with their bodies, it's what they're doing to other people, ie their children. Actions have consequences, most people grow out of the "fuck da police, I do what I want" after adolescence but I digress.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    This is disgusting. We need to throw the book at this type of behaviour.
    They did, they just chose the wrong book to use.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I'm sad that I have to explain the joke twice in the same thread...

"cultural appropriation", the much maligned practice of "stealing" facets of other cultures and incorporating them into your own.

"white trash", people who are often attributed with fuckin' their family members.

Ergo, Mexican people fuckin' their family, is appropriating white trash culture...and therefore ironic.

This joke has now been ruined by slow people...
    I'm surprised no one made the "She'd walk out on her other kids? How dare she try to appropriate black male culture" joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.